Poison Master and Refined Toxins Rework

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Why is our Poison Master only 25%?

While we have this?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potent_Poison

SUGGESTION Make the damage increase 33% and give it an increased duration of 20%

Refined toxins is such a bad trait, it’s so hard to keep above 90% health and it has a freaking 10 sec cd?

It only gives 1 stack of Poison too.

SUGGESTION Hitting poisoned targets spread their poison stacks. ICD 3 Seconds. 300 Radius. 1 Stack transferred every 3 seconds.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i want to love this trait. two simple things need to be done to make it effective:

1. up its bonus damage to like 35-40%
2. move empathic bond out of there so that core ranger can still hhave some condi cleanse outside of wilderness

i love the idea of the poison ranger, and i want to love this GM. it’s so close to being good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Potent Poison made more sense (ignoring our condi removal) when rangers were among the best at poison application. Poison was insanely powerful to the point many PvP builds used a doom sigil just to get access to it. Since the condi change, no one cares about small stacks of poison application every now and then.

That trait is a relic, basically.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Potent Poison made more sense (ignoring our condi removal) when rangers were among the best at poison application. Poison was insanely powerful to the point many PvP builds used a doom sigil just to get access to it. Since the condi change, no one cares about small stacks of poison application every now and then.

That trait is a relic, basically.

Agreed. Especially that we have chill now too. But lets not forget our best poison applicator is a trap, therefore can’t be used on a downed body (which is super useful in pvp) unless someone is close or ressing them.

So i think buffing poison master makes sense.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d rather have Poison Master just have the pet poison be applied on foes affected by their F2 skills, no ICD.

Refined Toxins changed to applying 1 stack of another damaging condition per application of poison, like the revamped Deathly Chill (Reaper). Either Torment or Bleed would be fine, and above all, no ICD.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Refined toxins works as both a cover and a healing reduction. You don’t need your health to always be above 90% so long as occasionally your health bumps above 90%. Same deal with your pet and there is ofcoarse pet swap.

Poison master is non-sensicle for ranger as there really isn’t a good build that can stack enough poison in it without being complete tryhard. The trait brings poison to pet swap which is ok but it should also attempt to either alter what poison can bring to play or bring poison into play through an idea like sharpened edges does so it’s not reliant on assembling mediocre skills/sigils/runes into a mediocre mashup mess like this sentence you just read.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Refined toxins works as both a cover and a healing reduction. You don’t need your health to always be above 90% so long as occasionally your health bumps above 90%. Same deal with your pet and there is ofcoarse pet swap.

Poison master is non-sensicle for ranger as there really isn’t a good build that can stack enough poison in it without being complete tryhard. The trait brings poison to pet swap which is ok but it should also attempt to either alter what poison can bring to play or bring poison into play through an idea like sharpened edges does so it’s not reliant on assembling mediocre skills/sigils/runes into a mediocre mashup mess like this sentence you just read.

Refined toxins is okay on paper, what breaks it is the double condition required to proc it.

90% is okay but reduce the ICD. The ICD is too much for 1 stack of poison.

or vice versa

The threshold is okay but increase the stacks to 2-3.

90% is very hard to maintain in an active teamfight.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I’d rather have Poison Master just have the pet poison be applied on foes affected by their F2 skills, no ICD.

Refined Toxins changed to applying 1 stack of another damaging condition per application of poison, like the revamped Deathly Chill (Reaper). Either Torment or Bleed would be fine, and above all, no ICD.

Pet poison is okay on paper again but here is the problem, only specific pets have a condition damage stat. It won’t make any sense to use Poison master just for a cover condition, it is a GM investment after all.

Your refined toxins idea is very good. It’s good to have an ICD, it will condition bombing galore if there is no ICD present to keep it in check.

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

SUGGESTION Hitting poisoned targets spread their poison stacks. ICD 3 Seconds. 300 Radius. 1 Stack transferred every 3 seconds.

ABSOLUTELY! Refined Toxins is a terrible trait. I LOVE YOUR SUGGESTION. What a unique trait! Name it “Choking Gas” after the GW1 Ranger preparation. I think it should transfer their entire poison stack.

ex
‘Choking Gas’
‘Hitting a poisoned target spreads poisons nearby enemies.’
ICD 6s. Maximum targets 5. 400 radius.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Your refined toxins idea is very good. It’s good to have an ICD, it will condition bombing galore if there is no ICD present to keep it in check.

No. ICDs are killing the game. There are ways to prevent condition bombing like I suggested before. Ever try the new Deathly Chill? Rangers have a lot of Poison applications, but that limitation of 1 stack per application (aka ignores stacks of poison applied and applies only 1 stack from the trait) makes it, dare I say, balanced and overall, not hindered by an ICD.

Also, pet poison on F2 on affected foes works much better than just covering your conditions. If they changed it to function like Wilting Strikes, Hawks & Eagles can become fairly strong in 1v1 confrontations while other higher cooldown pets with an AOE can have their F2s become more potent.

There is very little problem with that rework. Not to mention, all pets have a condition damage stat. Sure, only some have a higher one, but poison a 2-for-1 condition. Bring it for both the damage and debuff and choose the pet accordingly. Why do I even have to mention this at this point is beyond me.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

No. ICDs are killing the game. There are ways to prevent condition bombing like I suggested before. Ever try the new Deathly Chill? Rangers have a lot of Poison applications, but that limitation of 1 stack per application (aka ignores stacks of poison applied and applies only 1 stack from the trait) makes it, dare I say, balanced and overall, not hindered by an ICD.

Also, pet poison on F2 on affected foes works much better than just covering your conditions. If they changed it to function like Wilting Strikes, Hawks & Eagles can become fairly strong in 1v1 confrontations while other higher cooldown pets with an AOE can have their F2s become more potent.

There is very little problem with that rework. Not to mention, all pets have a condition damage stat. Sure, only some have a higher one, but poison a 2-for-1 condition. Bring it for both the damage and debuff and choose the pet accordingly. Why do I even have to mention this at this point is beyond me.

I completely forgot that they fixed the condition damage stat for pets, my friend just mentioned it to me right now in game. Sorry about that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Poison master on f2 pet skill is somthing i can Agree with for simplicity but i also disagree as pets with Non-damage and non target f2s won’t be able to use poison master on f2.

atm i;ve been using smokescale Assualt to apply the poison then swapping pets right away and f2+tiger leap for 4 chained stacks , a smoke scales f2 wouldn’t apply the poison just waste the IDC.

anyway its easy for poison from poison master to apply , just use F2 anyway and it still applies regardless of f2 and changing it will disallow some pets from even using the poison master trait.

just to note Refined toxins is 2 stacks of poison on opening and 1 stack on average (if you are using a build or play style that consists of being in combat with very little chance of being at full health then this Trait is not somthing you want to be using , you’d be better off with off-hand training to boost dagger or torch).

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Poison master on f2 pet skill is somthing i can Agree with for simplicity but i also disagree as pets with Non-damage and non target f2s won’t be able to use poison master on f2.

Actually, if Anet changed it to work on Pet F2 like Wilting Strike, it would work on non-damaging pet F2 skills. The only issue would be if Anet can not screw up coding for it.

Wilting Strike, for example, works on non-damaging skills such as Fern Hounds F2. It’s also supposed to work for the Brown Bear and Smokescale F2 but is currently bugged.

In fact, there were even patch notes saying that it was corrected to work with Smokescale F2, but it broke again on the next patch. It also stopped working with the Brown Bear when they corrected its behavior of going towards an enemy when using its F2.

So, yeah. The F2 tweak for Poison Master on pets can be pretty straight-forward and nice… if Anet had it working/fixed any issues that occurred.

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

SUGGESTION Hitting poisoned targets spread their poison stacks.

Lawd, make it so. I want this bad.