Poison master druid?

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I put my trapper ranger on the shelf when the traps changes came through, so I haven’t been reading the ranger forums.

Has anyone looked at a build with the poison master trait? It seems like maybe the druid trait line offers enough condi defense that it would be possible to make a build focused on poison. I threw this idea together, but maybe someone has already gone down this path?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYVnEqAdrgtsAGsCUtgFKBDuneUTqPduNXmrJA04yZlsrCA-TFyBABE8AAA4QAQo+Au2fQU1faUJYXK/s4MAEAABYmlZZOzAH9oH9oH9oNzZe0Ze0ZWIgFrBA-w

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I put my trapper ranger on the shelf when the traps changes came through, so I haven’t been reading the ranger forums.

Has anyone looked at a build with the poison master trait? It seems like maybe the druid trait line offers enough condi defense that it would be possible to make a build focused on poison. I threw this idea together, but maybe someone has already gone down this path?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYVnEqAdrgtsAGsCUtgFKBDuneUTqPduNXmrJA04yZlsrCA-TFyBABE8AAA4QAQo+Au2fQU1faUJYXK/s4MAEAABYmlZZOzAH9oH9oH9oNzZe0Ze0ZWIgFrBA-w

Could work, but poison master is a terrible GM, unless they fuse it with Refined toxins, With so much healing nowadays poison would not really cut it. But it might work,

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’ve been playing around with it, theory crafting, I like what you have done there with it. The issue of condi clear was the issue holding it back, now Druid can solve that!

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Hybrid focused solely on poison with weak physical dmg, 3 non-traited survival skills, ALL condi removal tied to celestial form and using viper nest simply cause it says poison in its description. I am surprised you didn’t put spider and/or devourer pets in the lineup.

Poison should be a main condition for rangers but it is not currently. It is a supportive condition to burning/bleeding atm.

Will this build kill something? Sure.
About the same as a Chill centre Power Ranger.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I really, really wish they’d just move Poison Master somewhere else or merge it with something… I’m a huge fan of debuffing people which is a big part of the reason I love Necromancer and Ranger.

Ranger doesn’t debuff the same way Necromancer does but high access to poison and soft CC work in a similar manner. I would love so much to be able to take Poison Master but without one of the other two traits you’re just way too vulnerable to condition builds…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Only way i can see it possible, if you do it on shout base with rune of solder and with condition clean Signet, but anyway i feel it will be not if you want to fight in meele range.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

poison master on condi builds was strong pre-June 27. Now it is stronger than ever. You can pound out 2k ticks with it.

BUT

they’ve put all our condition cleanse in one line so where you used to take SoTF/poison master, or empathic bond/poison master you now only get one. If you can find a way to get decent condi cleanse and still get poison master by all means take it. it’s strong as hell.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

poison master on condi builds was strong pre-June 27. Now it is stronger than ever. You can pound out 2k ticks with it.

BUT

they’ve put all our condition cleanse in one line so where you used to take SoTF/poison master, or empathic bond/poison master you now only get one. If you can find a way to get decent condi cleanse and still get poison master by all means take it. it’s strong as hell.

you can do 13k bleed tick and 14k burn tick, but same as poison master, your enemie have to brainless stand in all your AOE.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

vespers.1759

BUT

you can do 13k bleed tick and 14k burn tick, but same as poison master, your enemie have to brainless stand in all your AOE.

Perhaps I was unclear on OP’s goals. I thought this was a build for PvP/WvW he wanted. For PVE you shouldn’t be touching poison master with a 1 million foot pole.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Perhaps I was unclear on OP’s goals. I thought this was a build for PvP/WvW he wanted. For PVE you shouldn’t be touching poison master with a 1 million foot pole.

It’s the other way around. The condi removal options are rarely necessary for a pve condi build.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

vespers.1759

It’s the other way around. The condi removal options are rarely necessary for a pve condi build.

Yes I know but he specifically mentioned condi removal in the OP. for PVE I wouldn’t run any condis since zerker is better.

If I were to run a PVE condi build I might take poison master I guess? Not sure as I’ve never run one.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Yes I know but he specifically mentioned condi removal in the OP. for PVE I wouldn’t run any condis since zerker is better.

If I were to run a PVE condi build I might take poison master I guess? Not sure as I’ve never run one.

Zerker isn’t better, it’s situational. Condi ranger can out-dps zerker rangers in the right scenarios, but it is dependent on expensive food to match the dps and long enough fights for the build up to be worth it.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Best PvE condi build for ranger is running traps. A/T A/T.

If you want to run Poison, which I tried in the past, yes, take Poison Master with point blank Poison Volley on SB. Poison Master trait is really dependant to pets, so you need to get reliable pets that will lay poison fields such as : Murellow, Marsh Drake, Carrion Devourer, Spiders. You NEED to swap.

Murellow works pretty good with Beastly Warden.

Superior Sigil of Blight + Bursting. Superior Rune of Orrian. You’re good to go.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

vespers.1759

Zerker isn’t better, it’s situational. Condi ranger can out-dps zerker rangers in the right scenarios, but it is dependent on expensive food to match the dps and long enough fights for the build up to be worth it.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Berzerker Abomination in Arah. Condi is better vs. heavy armor but there doesn’t seem to be too much of that around.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Berzerker Abomination in Arah. Condi is better vs. heavy armor but there doesn’t seem to be too much of that around.

It doesn’t need that much of a build up to compete.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It doesn’t need that much of a build up to compete.

And we are only talking about seconds anyway, so it just does not actually matter, at all. If people want to play condi because they hate sword, fine by me. The only time it becomes truly less effective is if the mobs/boss kite around a lot.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Rizo.9534

Sinister ranger under full buff output more that 20-21k dps after last pet buff and if you dodge as condi ranger you’ll lose about 2% of dps.
Zerker ranger output 17-19k dps under full buff, and if you dodge, you lose up to 35% dps.

ONLY where zerker will output more dps are less than 12sec encounters and Dredge fractals boss.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hazka.6503

Hazka.6503

I feel like everyone here who says that poison doesn’t do enough trap does not realise that Viper’s Next hits three times per pulse for a total of 9 poison stacks, making it the hardest hitting trap of the lot. With 1800 condition damage, Poison Master and Trapper’s Expertise the trap alone will do 10188 damage. Compare this to 6022 damage for Flame Trap and 9360 with Spike Trap (assuming you take Hidden Barbs; otherwise it is 7800). Basically, the trap hits REALLY hard, the cooldown is only 5s longer than Flame Trap and you can use sword #2 to get ~50% uptime of weakness from the leap finisher.
If condition removal wasn’t such a big problem in pvp, poison build would be very strong yes, and you aren’t nearly as reliant of keeping your enemy within the bonfire. The condition removal from druid MIGHT be enough, but if it isn’t you lose a big chunk of your damage. Still, I think it is definitely worth testing once HoT is released.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Sorry my opening post was so brief. I’m primarily looking at this as a roaming WvW build – maybe it’s interesting in PVP.

If I understand the 25% bonus of poison master correctly, each poison stack should be about 200 per tick at 2100 condition damage (which is where this build is when you have full corruption stacks). So that’s pretty close to half the damage from a burn stack, but it seems like you can apply more of them and they last longer.

Then with the bird pets and beastmastery, you get a lot of other cover conditions. I don’t quite know how much damage pet-applied conditions really do.

As a WvW roamer, it’s nice to have the speed from the druid trait anyway. It feels like you would be basically dead if you got condi-loaded right after coming out of the astral state though.

Poison master druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

viper nest isn’t as bad as I thought. And I’m stupid, why did I think dire = sinisters (hybrid stat)? Who can say.

I wouldn’t run sigil of venom on SB. If can afford, sigil of tormenting for another unique condition/cover. Maybe make exotic giver’s sb/sword/dagger?

If using 40%/10% food and utility I would go rune of the nightmare. Shortbow and Dagger offer bleed aswell and you shouldn’t ignore it. Rune of the nightmare has 15% all condi duration and also a chance to fear your enemy when struck by them once every 60sec for 1sec(x %condi duration).

I think this build could benefit from skirmishing now, wrather then druid later for obvious reasons. Which means you will probably be looking at brown bear/signet of renewal. Or you could let go of the poison master fantasy and pickup wilderness trait.