Porcine Pets Revamp

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Can the F2 function like steal now?

The pets’ f2 can be seen by players on opposing teams making it a double edged sword.

Picking up stuff can also be very risky since enemies will treat that as an opening.

This has been an overdue tweak to Porcine pets.

If you guys fix it, I think Porcine pets will be another solid choice for different game modes.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

No love for pigs?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

No love for pigs?

I like them/been using my Warthog for the last few days, though I admit they are harder to use and overall less “optimal”, if you will. They are a blast to play with, though, and they do have that nice knockdown attack too (that you have no precise control over.)

I also would like to se them improved, though I do think a steal mechanic is perhaps not too thematic. In fact, all pets should be attractive to use for one reason or the other, and beyond just flavor (though I admit this is already the case for many.)

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

No love for pigs?

I like them/been using my Warthog for the last few days, though I admit they are harder to use and overall less “optimal”, if you will. They are a blast to play with, though, and they do have that nice knockdown attack too (that you have no precise control over.)

I also would like to se them improved, though I do think a steal mechanic is perhaps not too thematic. In fact, all pets should be attractive to use for one reason or the other, and beyond just flavor (though I admit this is already the case for many.)

What I meant with the Steal Mechanic is that, when you use f2, you dont have to pickup the item, instead you get it automatically (like Steal)

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

agree they should deliver it to you. also the only one with a good item is the siamoth. I’d like to have the things they find revamped too. they could change them to things we actually want like the mesmer ecto etc.

that being said it won’t happen because anet wants us to buy the expansion but jokes on them because I’m still not going to.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The craziest thing is, the F2 isn’t even my biggest complaint with the pigs. F2 can be worked around to some degree (it’s still ridiculous). My problem is their stupid charge that is so bad it misses in open world PvE. Now your pig is not only not knocking down the target, it’s no where near your fight, it’s charged off in another zone.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

vespers.1759

The craziest thing is, the F2 isn’t even my biggest complaint with the pigs. F2 can be worked around to some degree (it’s still ridiculous). My problem is their stupid charge that is so bad it misses in open world PvE. Now your pig is not only not knocking down the target, it’s no where near your fight, it’s charged off in another zone.

but surely the element of flair and confidence you project by running one makes up for it?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

but surely the element of flair and confidence you project by running one makes up for it?

I’m not a mesmer!

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

agree they should deliver it to you. also the only one with a good item is the siamoth. I’d like to have the things they find revamped too. they could change them to things we actually want like the mesmer ecto etc.

that being said it won’t happen because anet wants us to buy the expansion but jokes on them because I’m still not going to.

Uh… have you USED the other pigs? All the items are great (especially the skull if it didn’t have a kittening 2 minute CD). In fact, i’d say the siamoth is probably the one with the worst items.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Uh… have you USED the other pigs? All the items are great (especially the skull if it didn’t have a kittening 2 minute CD). In fact, i’d say the siamoth is probably the one with the worst items.

Uh, the siamoth has the ecto tho.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

No love for pigs?

What I meant with the Steal Mechanic is that, when you use f2, you dont have to pickup the item, instead you get it automatically (like Steal)

Wouldn’t mind that change, though there would be some disadvantages, come to think of it. While the thief chooses when to steal, by having the pet give the item to the player, we are at the mercy of the AI giving us the item at an inopportune time and perhaps messing up a weapon rotation. Of course, not likely to happen all the time, and said change will be OK, but won’t necessarily make the pet more attractive-though I may be wrong.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

No love for pigs?

Wouldn’t mind that change, though there would be some disadvantages, come to think of it. While the thief chooses when to steal, by having the pet give the item to the player, we are at the mercy of the AI giving us the item at an inopportune time and perhaps messing up a weapon rotation. Of course, not likely to happen all the time, and said change will be OK, but won’t necessarily make the pet more attractive-though I may be wrong.

What do you mean? Pressing the f2 is up to you, you can decide if the opportune moment is now or later.

I was saying when you press f2, you get the stolen item effect. Pressing f2 on pig replaces its f2 with the Item. Like steal.

I suggested this because it would be easier to code, the pigs items are basically steal items.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Yeah, this has been suggested many times, and I for one would love to have the thief mechanic applied to these pets.

Also, they could combine the forage skill with brutal charge, would love to have that aoe, 3 second knockdown on demand while also giving you the foraged item, now that would instantly make pigs a LOT more useful. They would have to add another skill of course, but I’m sure they could think of something.

The item you get would disappear when the skill is available again, or be available a fixed time in order to work with both traited and untraited versions of pets (Pack Alpha).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Can enemies still pick up the forage items too?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Siamoth is the best Support items , though a lot of team mates in pvp wise are totaly in the tunnel vison to even relise the feathers or the plasma .

i have to regularly tell my guild mates to pick up and use the plasma/feathers when i use the f2 in a safe location.

i really do love it when a thief eats a Egg from the Pig and does a Back stab combo picks up and eats followed by onther set of damage combos it even gives the thief a huge boost in INT to SB away or quickly repostion for a second attack/ kill attempt.

which i find odd again , A lot of thiefs don’t even know what the Egg does.

thought i disagree with us Reciving the item like a Steal it can take away from group use like i mentioned above .

it should just be a
" the opposing team Can’t see the name tag of the item or pick it up " then update the pigs to reflect the HoT changes because 1 bleed is lame , that should really be 3 bleeds.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

Can enemies still pick up the forage items too?

Has I know, yes…

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I would love to see my Pigs get some love. They are never useful. . . Asking them to fight by my side is like asking them to do nothing and die xD

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

vespers.1759

Realistically though how often does your team use the foraged items? That is a legit argument fir keeping them the way they are but why not just bring a pet with a way better party buff like the stalker and its 5 stacks of might that affects the whole group and not one person?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Siamoth is the best Support items , though a lot of team mates in pvp wise are totaly in the tunnel vison to even relise the feathers or the plasma .

i have to regularly tell my guild mates to pick up and use the plasma/feathers when i use the f2 in a safe location.

i really do love it when a thief eats a Egg from the Pig and does a Back stab combo picks up and eats followed by onther set of damage combos it even gives the thief a huge boost in INT to SB away or quickly repostion for a second attack/ kill attempt.

thought i disagree with us Reciving the item like a Steal it can take away from group use like i mentioned above .

it should just be a
" the opposing team Can’t see the name tag of the item or pick it up " then update the pigs to reflect the HoT changes because 1 bleed is lame , that should really be 3 bleeds.

The weakness of the pet is the forage itself, picking up items serve as an opening for enemies to attack you.

So I suggested forage replaces f2 with current item. For the team support, Maybe each item you get serves as a buff for party members like or something like mini thief venoms or even auras.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

it should just be a

The weakness of the pet is the forage itself, picking up items serve as an opening for enemies to attack you.

So I suggested forage replaces f2 with current item. For the team support, Maybe each item you get serves as a buff for party members like or something like mini thief venoms or even auras.

well that comes down to design vs convince ,the current way allows anyone to use the items which people ignore and don’t even know the benifits because it can be picked up by opposing players and seen by them too as you pointed it , it becomes a point of focus . (if they can not see or Pick up the item it solves that issue) but then it removes its counter play.

the items pigs give currently will be too strong for the convince of having it slotted auto to the pets f2 ready for use so most of the item abilities will need to be ether toned down and moved to a more AoE type of item use which some already are only the warthog has single target items like >Bone.1 , rock , and 1 AoE skull fear the question here would be when Druid comes out too with the Daze druid + this pet f2 mechanic it leads to a consistant chain of CC’s plus once every pet cooldown means Stun lock/CC chains, which is very strong for a HP sustain play style.

so pigs need ether 2 of these 3 things.

1. Hidden from Foes
2. HoT update
3. the pet brings the item back to you and puts it on the ground , or make the Pet f2 forage a Ground targeted attack so you choose where the item spawns.

solves all the issues with placement , team use , and the hard counter of foes using it as a focus point (even though i think its fine as the items last for a long while on the field before they disappear , and if its hidden from foes in the first place that removes the item becomming a focus point but with the item still needing to be picked up , it will require the ranger to play smart still)

as to why i said 2 of these 3 choices. to avoid too much convince for stong effects as the condi items use the rangers stats and so does the Bone on the direct damage items, having it on f2 slot makes it more powerful than the thiefs mechanics rewards as we don’t need a target to use the ability .

if its realy needed all Pig items will need a full redesgin to match the play vs convince of said items and design them as drop able items so team mates could also use them.

making it a f2 slot removes it from team use so it will also again need

1. Team item design changes for all support items / ground target effects
2. items made droppable and only disappear on use, like a timer for banners or amount of charges like a Conjoured weapon 5 bone attacks ect.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

it should just be a

well that comes down to design vs convince ,the current way allows anyone to use the items which people ignore and don’t even know the benifits because it can be picked up by opposing players and seen by them too as you pointed it , it becomes a point of focus . (if they can not see or Pick up the item it solves that issue) but then it removes its counter play.

the items pigs give currently will be too strong for the convince of having it slotted auto to the pets f2 ready for use so most of the item abilities will need to be ether toned down and moved to a more AoE type of item use which some already are only the warthog has single target items like >Bone.1 , rock , and 1 AoE skull fear the question here would be when Druid comes out too with the Daze druid + this pet f2 mechanic it leads to a consistant chain of CC’s plus once every pet cooldown means Stun lock/CC chains, which is very strong for a HP sustain play style.

1. Hidden from Foes
2. HoT update
3. the pet brings the item back to you and puts it on the ground , or make the Pet f2 forage a Ground targeted attack so you choose where the item spawns.

solves all the issues with placement , team use , and the hard counter of foes using it as a focus point (even though i think its fine as the items last for a long while on the field before they disappear , and if its hidden from foes in the first place that removes the item becomming a focus point but with the item still needing to be picked up , it will require the ranger to play smart still)

as to why i said 2 of these 3 choices. to avoid too much convince for stong effects as the condi items use the rangers stats and so does the Bone on the direct damage items, having it on f2 slot makes it more powerful than the thiefs mechanics rewards as we don’t need a target to use the ability .

if its realy needed all Pig items will need a full redesgin to match the play vs convince of said items and design them as drop able items so team mates could also use them.

2. items made droppable and only disappear on use, like a timer for banners or amount of charges like a Conjoured weapon 5 bone attacks ect.

How does that solve that tiny window of oppurtunity for foes when you pick up something?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

The “team apsect” of forage items from pigs are next to… nothing. The items (some) are powerful, but they are not too powerful, so no, they would not need to be rebalanced if you get a better mechanic to use them.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

it should just be a

1. Hidden from Foes
2. HoT update

How does that solve that tiny window of oppurtunity for foes when you pick up something?

" the opposing team Can’t see the name tag of the item or pick it up " from my first comment , and those other people that say there is no Team support , there is you can get the item in the f2 slot choose to use it , then drop it for a team mate to pick up use a skull fear or a Venom sac ect ether way these items act like Held items which should have the same mechanics as Conjoured items with a certain amount of charges and with a time duration .

team doesnt always mean Aoe Boons or Aoe Heals or Aoe Blinds , it also means the mechanical choice to give or let team mates use the items also and that is somthing i;d not give up because these items are Very useful if people know how to use them effectively.

the only issue i see right now is how we Obtain the item , which can become a few of the following.
1. item gets slotted into f2 , then you can choose to use and drop the item at a chosen location under your control for a team mate to pick it up .

(don’t forget the " the opposing team Can’t see the name tag of the item or pick it up ") if a opposing play can’t see or pick up the item then that solves a lot of problems , even then if the item is slotted into the f2 and held by the ranger untill he decides what to do with it , in org comps you can tell people on your ts that I have Plasma and drop it for a team mate(if they need it) or use it .

2 . if the item is not slotted into a f2 , it becomes a ground target Scavange (which then you could combine with Pig charge so it charges to the location of the Scavange?

3 . these things won’t work unless the Opposing teams access to your items are limited as to slotting them in the f2 untill needed , prevents them from picking it up , but when dropped the item Becomes open to anyone Creating counter play and a very small window for that counter play as in 2. and .1 of my list makes the items control 100% the mechanical choice of the ranger to use or drop or even get the pig to Charge in a direction to the Scavange point.

the new Pig charge could change to work like the Teragriff charge with a larger hit box equal to the flesh golems.

you’d have item control, Charge control and still Viable use to allow team mates to use said items also.

the major benifit like this.

F2 command pig to charge location and Scanavge the item gets slotted to the f2 or the location (as to which foes can’t see or pick up, if ground targeted) , if F2 slotted the counter play to the item is held by the ranger so basic CC’s become counter play rather than Area denial vice versa .

so i’ve worked it down to two mechanical choices

Ground target invisible and unable to pick by foes.

or the same Ground target gets slotted to the f2 but when dropped foes can see it and pick it up.

those are the two mechanical choices.

the Pet update is basicly adding a controlable charge to the forage f2 which is ground targeted.

" no item revamps needed just Better mechanical changes" while still keeping the option to let team mates use your items.

do you see the idea now?

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

2 . if the item is not slotted into a f2 , it becomes a ground target Scavange (which then you could combine with Pig charge so it charges to the location of the Scavange?

I would rather have it happen when the pigs build up their charge, since they tend to stand around for quite a while before running to attack.
You could think of it like they use their back legs to try to get a solid grip into the ground and do a sort of “burn out” when charging off, kicking a random item in your direction in the process!

;-)

I’m not good at explaining this in english, sorry ’bout that!

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Also, brutal charge could really use som love from the devs. One small step to the side will make pigs miss with the ability. It could use at least a little tracking ability in the code…

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I would rather have it happen when the pigs build up their charge, since they tend to stand around for quite a while before running to attack.
You could think of it like they use their back legs to try to get a solid grip into the ground and do a sort of “burn out” when charging off, kicking a random item in your direction in the process!

;-)

I’m not good at explaining this in english, sorry ’bout that!

totaly understand good point on slotting the item before the charge , getting the item in the f2 slot at the time of the charge means you could do a Bone Daze+pig charge giving the ranger a option to Lock and damage.

very good point noted.

Sticker if you are serious about this you may need to edit your opening post to review these ideas.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Also, brutal charge could really use som love from the devs. One small step to the side will make pigs miss with the ability. It could use at least a little tracking ability in the code…

which is why i suggested Teragriff style charge with a larger box on a ground target mechanic so a dodge/evade/block/ timed blind or aegis would be needed.

it’ll aim in the direction of choosing.

the f2 charge+forage cast time could be Reduced to 2seconds so a prepaired mobility CC would be needed to set up the charge , with it being ground targeted , its under your control to aim it and using the larger hit box to damage foes makes it much more easier to land in perfect Circumstances, though it still provides counter play and the need to use a pre-prepaired CC to land, in this case you could use a pig item or a Utility bar CC or just Chill+cripple then aim the ground targeted charge.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Not sure they will implement ground targeting for pets though, but it could be a good option.

Porcine Pets Revamp

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

it should just be a

This, all of this, and it’s technically 2 bleed since that ability hits twice (does not say so in tooltip), but even then it could be a lot higher, or at least change their auto to a double hit and up their crit chance.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna