Post Patch- Ranger Tantrum QQ

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

So as always, there are these people who can’t be thankful enough for the changes that have been made for Ranger class. This has already been discuss before the patch was even release, the main reason for longbow changes everyone, is that so you have a viable execution and escape.

If you have no clue on how to use hunter’s shot it is basically (in my opinion) a preparation for a Ranger to set up his burst while in that stealth mode (vulnerable). Also keep in mind, that your pet has a big role in this burst for damage. Now how do you make it so that your pet is in synch with you? I played around a bit with this with a Raven pet, because whenever bird pets attack, they attack twice in one go. While in stealth mode, I would immediately tell my pet to yield, and while in that stealth mode I ready my GS for an attack and command my pet to attack at the same time or you can use sword/warhorn for this. Also if most of you don’t know, while your pet is on stand by, this is the best chance to execute F2 because your pet would execute their skill right away WITHOUT any delay.

Basically when Im in stealth is when I usually do my burst damage. I use double stealth (me and my pet Jaguar in pvp or raven pet for burst)

You can also use this for defense of course, stealth is basically another tool for us to be alive for another 3 second while in battle. Ranger is a DPS and now can burst with the right build.

I guess for those who are crying about these changes it is just a learn to play mechanic and honestly, no one is forcing you to play longbow, if you are moved by this patch to play longbow, then don’t play ranger if you have no other viable build pre patch.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ya, I’d like to add…well, ya. Pretty much this.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jonnjo.2594

jonnjo.2594

I am in complete agreement with OP. I found the new mechanic refreshing. I also love stacking vulnerability. Oh and thinks for the raven tip. Never occurred to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

Yeah after the SB range nerf nobody is forcing us to play longbow…

Apart from that though, I dislike having to build up a vuln stack on my target and stealth is cheesy (I read this somewhere in another thread) but it’s not like this patch was the end of the profession…

Not yet at least.

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

The stealth mechanic is cheesy? How so?

in Ranger

Reisinger.4203

The stealth mechanic is cheesy? How so?

If you have to ask, I was really just looking for a place to use the word “cheesy”.

In all seriousness though, I just have to learn how to use stealth like OP said. It’s like we suddenly got some mesmer-esque confusion infliction on our axe 3 – it just made little sense in terms of the typical class playstyle (I have only seen jaguars used in dungeons to avoid mobs). But again, I haven’t actually worked on using LB 3 effectively yet, just spamming it as usual. ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Apart from that though, I dislike having to build up a vuln stack on my target and stealth is cheesy (I read this somewhere in another thread) but it’s not like this patch was the end of the profession…

Not yet at least.

Short bow is still a mile better.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

From what I’ve read, it sounds to me like the players complaining, are those who likes to use longbow as a “fire and forget” weapon. Where as the players who likes the new changes, are those who are more into active combat.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Reisinger.4203

From what I’ve read, it sounds to me like the players complaining, are those who likes to use longbow as a “fire and forget” weapon. Where as the players who likes the new changes, are those who are more into active combat.

I am totally that kind of player. Guardian PvE was my best PvE experience ever, because it was the most simplistic playstyle ever: run in, GS 5, pull group of mobs in, do that spin thing, and then autoattack until everything’s dead. That is how I prefer to play against mobs, to stand there and unless absolutely necessary, move. I’m willing to play, but I’m not willing to put in more work into a game than I do in real life (I’m doing IT work and it’s a lot of typing).

OK, I do apologize that I’ve digressed too far into semantics about game mechanics, so are there any “fire and forget” weapons for ranger, even before all the nerfs? The only weapon I can think of is shortbow, but after the range nerf it’s not really effective for sitting in one spot and picking things off… I think unless you use bear, it’s always active combat for a ranger. ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

It seems that some players are just playing this game for the big numbers in their screens…

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

People play this game for different reasons. Some people want the class they’ve enjoyed in other games to live up to their expectations. If the class is living up to your expectations, congratulations. If it’s not, their recourse is to post about it on the forums.

If you feel Longbow is viable now, there’s nothing wrong with it. But just because people aren’t impressed doesn’t mean they don’t know how to play or they want the class to be overpowered. I’m not impressed. I find this class to be the second least valuable class in WvW and the most boring class and least interactive class of the 8.

Posting QQ posts about people QQing isn’t going to change my opinion obviously, but you’re more than welcome to ignore my posts if you don’t agree.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Well, it’s not that I don’t agree. It’s that you’re wrong. Players are valuable—not professions. Teamwork and reliable allies are how I rank the value of other players in Strikeforce T1 wvw zerg/roaming.

Regarding your other comment about “it’s not learn to play”, anyone who has spent a great deal of time with longbow immediately recognizes how the new hunter’s shot helps. It is indeed people not knowing how to play that leads to the QQ.

If I gave you an improved wrench to loosen a bolt but you’ve never actually used a wrench before, the new features won’t make sense. “Why do I want this” the naive person asks, “I just need more torque” when in fact it has a mechanism that’s better than just more torque that the naive user knows little about.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

As it was before the patch, it is after the patch… If you prefer S/D & A/T, then it is so after the patch, nothing really has changed except for maybe adding a horn in there someplace. Those of us who played with a LB in wvw probably like the changes now. Same with LS, but if you didn’t like the LS nothing has changed.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

I am totally that kind of player. Guardian PvE was my best PvE experience ever, because it was the most simplistic playstyle ever: run in, GS 5, pull group of mobs in, do that spin thing, and then autoattack until everything’s dead. That is how I prefer to play against mobs, to stand there and unless absolutely necessary, move. I’m willing to play, but I’m not willing to put in more work into a game than I do in real life (I’m doing IT work and it’s a lot of typing).

OK, I do apologize that I’ve digressed too far into semantics about game mechanics, so are there any “fire and forget” weapons for ranger, even before all the nerfs? The only weapon I can think of is shortbow, but after the range nerf it’s not really effective for sitting in one spot and picking things off… I think unless you use bear, it’s always active combat for a ranger. ^^

Go back to guardian then. Ranger is actually being made better and much funner now. I actually mained my ranger after all the recent patches. Auto attack shortbow is excactly why I avoid shortbow.

in Ranger

Reisinger.4203

Go back to guardian then. Ranger is actually being made better and much funner now. I actually mained my ranger after all the recent patches. Auto attack shortbow is excactly why I avoid shortbow.

I actually left Guardian because I ran through PvE like it was a joke. ^^

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Well, it’s not that I don’t agree. It’s that you’re wrong. Players are valuable—not professions. Teamwork and reliable allies are how I rank the value of other players in Strikeforce T1 wvw zerg/roaming.

Regarding your other comment about “it’s not learn to play”, anyone who has spent a great deal of time with longbow immediately recognizes how the new hunter’s shot helps. It is indeed people not knowing how to play that leads to the QQ.

If I gave you an improved wrench to loosen a bolt but you’ve never actually used a wrench before, the new features won’t make sense. “Why do I want this” the naive person asks, “I just need more torque” when in fact it has a mechanism that’s better than just more torque that the naive user knows little about.

I know you and I aren’t going to agree, that’s fine. I’ve been playing MMO’s for 20 years and all of that was spent playing this same style class. It’s not a L2P issue ‘for me’. It’s just not fun. I make the class work, I’m successful with it in PvE and PvP/WvW. It’s just not what I want and while the developers seem interested in improving this class for the first time in about 5 months I figured it was time to post on this forum again for a change.

Don’t worry, in a week the red will disappear and so will I. I completely recognize I’m being selfish and biased. It’s just I love this type of class and this is the worst implementation of this type of class I’ve ever seen and I want it to be better.

in Ranger

Conan.8046

I know you and I aren’t going to agree, that’s fine. I’ve been playing MMO’s for 20 years and all of that was spent playing this same style class. It’s not a L2P issue ‘for me’. It’s just not fun. I make the class work, I’m successful with it in PvE and PvP/WvW. It’s just not what I want and while the developers seem interested in improving this class for the first time in about 5 months I figured it was time to post on this forum again for a change.

Don’t worry, in a week the red will disappear and so will I. I completely recognize I’m being selfish and biased. It’s just I love this type of class and this is the worst implementation of this type of class I’ve ever seen and I want it to be better.

What sort of change were you looking for if you don’t mind me asking?

in Ranger

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I am in complete agreement with OP. I found the new mechanic refreshing. I also love stacking vulnerability. Oh and thinks for the raven tip. Never occurred to me.

If you love stacking vulnerability with a longbow, then why don’t you deplore the change? The new version of Hunter’s Shot requires twice the work and one subpar trait to get the same effect the old Hunter’s Shot got with one push of the button.

in Ranger

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

If you love stacking vulnerability with a longbow, then why don’t you deplore the change? The new version of Hunter’s Shot requires twice the work and one subpar trait to get the same effect the old Hunter’s Shot got with one push of the button.

^This.

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

The most concerning thing to me is how to be dps competitive as a ranger you must be using melee weapons. Gone are the days of circle kiting with a decent bow that doesn’t mean a whole traitline to make a single bow usable.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

What sort of change were you looking for if you don’t mind me asking?

Not much really.

Normalized longbow damage so it does competetive damage with shortbow over the overlapping ranges. The extended range (900+ now) changed to a crit improvement. Either increased chance to crit or a crit damage improvement.

Rapid fire to be cut down to 3-3.5 seconds for the same damage.

Frost trap dropped (Why use Frost over spike? Not sure why both exist…) in favor of a modular skill that does different things depending on weapon used. Longbow would obviously get a ‘aimed shot’ type skill which is a large damage burst. 20-30 second cooldown would be ideal.

Then some trait improvements. Marks in particular is bloated with good traits, but the minors, while ‘good’ could be scaled down to 2 and one of the minors changed to allow arrows to pierce. Alot of other traits just don’t make sense where they are.

Nothing excessive as you can see. Just something to make the class feel like I’m doing more than running around auto-attacking while giving the class a true power build option that is more than a one trick pony.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Frost trap…dropped? It’s one of the best slot skills we have though. I’m the opposite of you because I can’t figure out why anyone would take muddy terrain or spike trap when they could use frost trap instead. Do you want to blast frost armor or give a tiny damage spike? Do you want some crappy cripple, or do you want them to have to suffer longer cooldowns on abilties as well as move slow? The choice is obvious to me because it’s a combo field. Rangers can blast it themselves now.

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Here’s my opinion:

- Shortbow needed to be differentiated from the Longbow between power rangers. Right now, both weapon vie for the same spot which shouldn’t have been the case. Shortbow needs to see an improvement on conditions in terms of length and reliability. It’d be cool if SB 5 had that new condition on a short duration to give more advantage to kiting, but that could go either way.

- Above all else, Longbow needed a kitten damage buff on it’s auto-attack more than just buffing the cast time. Something that ArenaNet has shied away from time and time again. If I still am having doubts as a power specced ranger between shortbow AA and LB AA, something is wrong. The problem with LB wasn’t necessarily in the skill mechanics themselves, but with the absurb amount you had to spec into MM to make it viable. My proposed changed would include a minimum range decrease on the AA, and very slight damage buff on AA, and a reduction of the barrage precast time.

- And for the love of melandru, consolidate those kitten MM bow traits so that bringing a bow doesn’t mean a whole traitline for one weapon.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Conan.8046

Frost trap…dropped? It’s one of the best slot skills we have though. I’m the opposite of you because I can’t figure out why anyone would take muddy terrain or spike trap when they could use frost trap instead. Do you want to blast frost armor or give a tiny damage spike? Do you want some crappy cripple, or do you want them to have to suffer longer cooldowns on abilties as well as move slow? The choice is obvious to me because it’s a combo field. Rangers can blast it themselves now.

For someone who played a Ranger so long you haven’t a clue.

Cripple for 2.5 seconds and 3 stacks of bleed – 20 second cooldown.
Chill for 1.25 seconds – 24 second cooldown

So cripple lasts twice as long and does damage and recharges faster. That’s why people prefer spike trap. This assumes your opponent isn’t completely stupid and moves out of the trap once triggered.

(edited by Conan.8046)

in Ranger

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

- Above all else, Longbow needed a kitten damage buff on it’s auto-attack more than just buffing the cast time. Something that ArenaNet has shied away from time and time again. If I still am having doubts as a power specced ranger between shortbow AA and LB AA, something is wrong. The problem with LB wasn’t necessarily in the skill mechanics themselves, but with the absurb amount you had to spec into MM to make it viable.

As a 30/0/30/10/0 ranger. I absolutely agree.

long bow and short bow just seemed to part of the same aspects so I moved to just shortbow longbow and swapped between the two for situational usage.
Shortbow for those I couldn’t lockdown, and longbow for those I could snipe out.
Short bow to chase and be agile, longbow for mass AoE damage on points.

Now its like short bow is the only real viable bow…
Longbow needed a change, the stealth wasn’t it.

I don’t get why Anet doesn’t want to balance out the longbow damage to match other options.
doesn’t make any kitten sense at all.

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

So cripple lasts twice as long and does damage and recharges faster. That’s why people prefer spike trap. This assumes your opponent isn’t completely stupid and moves out of the trap once triggered.

While a bit harsh, he’s pretty much right. The traps in general are used primarily for the condition damage and AE control on points. The slightly stronger snare isn’t worth the loss of damage that frost trap provides in my opinion.

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Here’s my opinion:

- Shortbow needed to be differentiated from the Longbow between power rangers. Right now, both weapon vie for the same spot which shouldn’t have been the case. Shortbow needs to see an improvement on conditions in terms of length and reliability. It’d be cool if SB 5 had that new condition on a short duration to give more advantage to kiting, but that could go either way.

- Above all else, Longbow needed a kitten damage buff on it’s auto-attack more than just buffing the cast time. Something that ArenaNet has shied away from time and time again. If I still am having doubts as a power specced ranger between shortbow AA and LB AA, something is wrong. The problem with LB wasn’t necessarily in the skill mechanics themselves, but with the absurb amount you had to spec into MM to make it viable. My proposed changed would include a minimum range decrease on the AA, and very slight damage buff on AA, and a reduction of the barrage precast time.

- And for the love of melandru, consolidate those kitten MM bow traits so that bringing a bow doesn’t mean a whole traitline for one weapon.

“Shortbow needed to be differentiated from the Longbow between power rangers. Right now, both weapon vie for the same spot which shouldn’t have been the case. Shortbow needs to see an improvement on conditions in terms of length and reliability. It’d be cool if SB 5 had that new condition on a short duration to give more advantage to kiting, but that could go either way.”

- I definitely agree on this, although when I saw SB skills I immediately thought that it caters to condition ranger or rampager build. But it is true that SB needs an improvement on condition, I believe you are referring to the new condition called torment. Honestly, I do not get why ANet didn’t give this to Rangers. We are into kiting and what best weapon to punish your enemy with a skill that prevents them from moving. I think if they decided to rework SB skill number 4 cripple and bleed should get torment or skill 3 on SB.

“And for the love of melandru, consolidate those kitten MM bow traits so that bringing a bow doesn’t mean a whole traitline for one weapon”

- LOL!! ^ and this, those marksmanship trait line for Rangers really need a rework. Combination of traits plus new ones should be considered. I don’t know who plays Ranger in ANet or who develops them but this seriously need some attention.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Frost Trap offers an alternate condition effect, that makes for better condition stacking. It’s also a combo field, which has more value now that we have a combo blast on warhorn. Basically, the two traps have two different uses.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Or in WvW just run all three – Muddy Terrain, Spike Trap, Frost Trap + Entangle. Oh my you’ve just made the enemy very upset.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Let me fix this for you, bud.

• Cripple for 2 seconds and 3 stacks of bleed – 20 second cooldown.
  • Chill for 1 second – 5 second duration for a potential 5 second Chill – 24 second cooldown.
    Reduces movement speed by -66% and skill recharge rate by -66%
    Grants a combo: Ice Field
    – Frost Aura reduces 10% damage for 4 seconds and inflicts a 1 second Chill when attacked.

Frost trap looks a lot better to me for a non traited Trap build.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

(edited by ItIsFinished.9462)

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Or in WvW just run all three – Muddy Terrain, Spike Trap, Frost Trap + Entangle. Oh my you’ve just made the enemy very upset.

I lol’d. But ya, my up in the face playstyle demands frost trap. I just get more out of it than I do spike trap. Replace your spike trap with it sometime in any build. You’ll notice the difference.

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

• Chill for 1 second – 5 second duration for a potential 5 second Chill – 24 second cooldown.
    – Frost Aura reduces 10% damage for 4 seconds and inflicts a 1 second Chill when attacked.

But if traited: (Direct quote from the wiki. inb4 wiki lol. The information is correct though.)

Spike Trap has a hidden effect in which it immobilizes foes hit by the initial trigger for 1 second without any condition duration modifiers. This only occurs if the Trapper’s Expertise trait is active.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Ranger

Conan.8046

Its not a trap build if you don’t trait traps.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Having tried both, I prefer Spike Trap just for the Root.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Some of us are getting tired of these repetitious fanboy troll posts that say the same kitten thing over and over again we’ve been hearing for decades on dozens of gamer boards.

We get it: everyone who doesn’t like a change or complains needs to L2P and stop qq’ing and go play another game and be positive and adapt and worship the Precious or they will feel the wrath of the Precious. Someone needs to come up with a standard fanboy response form you can fill out with blank spaces for things like class, game name and company so you can just fill it out once and then spam it to the forums ad nauseum. This will save you a lot of typing.

Anet is a corporation, not your girlfriend. They could care less about you so long as the money keeps rolling in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Range correction isn’t a nerf. People who’ve been playing since beta said that the range on sb shouldn’t have been what it was at launch.

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Range correction isn’t a nerf. People who’ve been playing since beta said that the range on sb shouldn’t have been what it was at launch.

The problem with the nerf is they basically made Axe and SB identical weapons. Same range, effectively the same #2 skills, and #3 axe is roughly the same as #4/5 bow. SB is already a better power weapon than longbow so now it’s up against axe in the power area too. It’s a toss between conditions and #3 shortbow vs offhand options for axe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

ok I just wanted to come in here and say a few things

1. if you are using signet of the beastmaster trait you should not be using long bow as your weapon to use when under the effects of signet of the wild, you should be using a weapon that can grant more hits and more reliably hit in the 8 seconds that the signet is active.
2. Remorseless actually grants more dmg to a longbow user than signet of the beast master cause it is a consistent way to stack vulnerability that increases your dmg on your target over a much longer time than the 8 seconds from the active signet and also guaranties that your first attack out of stealth is a critical hit (do not forget the minor that grats opening strikes 100% critical hit)
3. axe is actually a very good fire and forget weapon, it bounces you don’t even need to worry about aoe just sit there chucking axes if they get to close to you hit 5 and kitten em in whirling defense if you like the fire and forget playstyle.
4. rappid fire does not require every hit to get the 10 stacks of vuln (I didn’t actually keep trake it is something like 2 stacks every hit?) also the vuln from rappid fire lasts 13 sec not 10 sec

so there if you like using the longbow and you want to do more base dmg remorseless is actually a better option right now cause you will get more than 4-5 attacks in on your target with that is higher than your base dmg.

seriously those of you that are complaining right now have you even tried to play the game instead of forcing it to be something you want? if it isn’t working with your build using the longbow right now cause you cant get 10 stacks of instant voln that lasts less time and cant be kept up almost 100% of the time maybe you might want to consider using melee weapons in a power build which pairs a lot better with the signet of the beastmaster trait. please stop saying things are broken when it doesn’t fit your playstyle. if it doesn’t work for you ask for help from other rangers you will find someone who likes to play the same as you and would be more than happy to share a working build after all there is a crap ton of people playing this game and we all have tried different things those that found working things are more than happy to usually share their builds with others.

the only argument that I have with this patch is it makes power builds a lot more accessible to rangers, we can stack vuln fast enough now that we can constantly do a decent amount of dmg, we don’t have many utilities that fit this though. most of our utilities have something to do with the pet or req standing in one location or moving a foe to a location. we need some utility skills that are active that can actually benefit the ranger’s output directly without requiring any special traits or having to stand in a small area… hopefully we will see some in future patches right now all we got is a very few utility we can use and be mobile at the same time. Right now we only have 2 active utilities that affect our output and one does bleeding so it isn’t too usefull for power builds, the other QZ is almost a given for power builds.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

All I want is a power build that doesn’t involve mainly using a melee weapon and is effective for using with a bow. Right now rangers have a choice of condition sb which leaves much to be desired, or a power longbow which is most often relegated to the second slot. Sadly, this will never happen.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Ranger

Criminal.5627

All I want is a power build that doesn’t involve mainly using a melee weapon and is effective for using with a bow. Right now rangers have a choice of condition sb which leaves much to be desired, or a power longbow which is most often relegated to the offhand. Sadly, this will never happen.

right now lb is not in a bad place the stealth gave it a lot more survivability. it is just lacking in the utilities to make it a spike build though.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

4. rappid fire does not require every hit to get the 10 stacks of vuln (I didn’t actually keep trake it is something like 2 stacks every hit?) also the vuln from rappid fire lasts 13 sec not 10 sec

It’s 13 because you have +30% Condition Duration from the Marskman trait line. It was the same with the old version of Hunter’s Shot. That wasn’t the only thing wrong with your post, but at this point I’d just be beating the dead horse to go through the rest of it line by line.

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

All I want is a power build that doesn’t involve mainly using a melee weapon and is effective for using with a bow. Right now rangers have a choice of condition sb which leaves much to be desired, or a power longbow which is most often relegated to the offhand. Sadly, this will never happen.

right now lb is not in a bad place the stealth gave it a lot more survivability. it is just lacking in the utilities to make it a spike build though.

That was my main problem, I didn’t need more survivibility (in pve!!!!!!) and I rather grew accustomed to the extra thought that it took to swap between aggro and dps pets while maintaining range. I wanted the longbow to be the go to ranged power weapon, and arena net apparently did not want that as it clashed with their pvp ideals.

Don’t get me wrong its a great change for pvp, but I think it did so at a cost to rangers who wanted a main ranged power bow.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Criminal.5627

It’s 13 because you have +30% Condition Duration from the Marskman trait line. It was the same with the old version of Hunter’s Shot. That wasn’t the only thing wrong with your post, but at this point I’d just be beating the dead horse to go through the rest of it line by line.

people use LB with no marks? didn’t know players were that stupid with a power based weapon
and dark you know you can hit 25 stacks of vuln now in about 4 sec if you really want to when we couldn’t do that before you know that right?… it just seems like you are kitten ed you cant get 10 stacks from 1 button pressing, if you really like simplistic play warrior is exactly that, hell they keep making it simpler every patch it looks like, 1 button can do way more on them then any other class.

(edited by Criminal.5627)

in Ranger

Criminal.5627

That was my main problem, I didn’t need more survivibility (in pve!!!!!!) and I rather grew accustomed to the extra thought that it took to swap between aggro and dps pets while maintaining range. I wanted the longbow to be the go to ranged power weapon, and arena net apparently did not want that as it clashed with their pvp ideals.

Don’t get me wrong its a great change for pvp, but I think it did so at a cost to rangers who wanted a main ranged power bow.

and the stealth can help in pvp pets cant hold agro if you dump a lot of dmg in a very short period of time. it would be nice to kill something after it breaks off of you pet and runs to you with a heavy burst cd that we don’t really have atm though

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

people use LB with no marks? didn’t know players were that stupid with a power based weapon

I find that it’s always best to talk with base numbers when doing comparisons, and while making assumptions, making them painfully clear.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

and the stealth can help in pvp pets cant hold agro if you dump a lot of dmg in a very short period of time. it would be nice to kill something after it breaks off of you pet and runs to you with a heavy burst cd that we don’t really have atm though

I would have rather there had been a channeled cripple added to the longbow 2, the vulnerability on 3 spread out over two shots, a minimum range decrease on the AA and a reduction in the precast of barrage, but I guess that wouldn’t have looked as pretty on their nice patch notes.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

^This.

This x1,000

In WvW especially. Try rapid fire on any enemy player and you will get “obstructed”, “miss” “miss” “miss” 1,356 “miss” “miss”. It’s called dodge rolling twice. Anyone can dodge roll twice through rapid fire and now your precious vulnerability has only stacked 4 times instead of our old guaranteed 10.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Well, it’s not that I don’t agree. It’s that you’re wrong. Players are valuable—not professions. .

This is no more right, or less wrong, than the individual you refer to.

This is not necessarily correct. For example, anyone who dislikes the use of stealth mechanics might find the change to be worthy of complaint regardless of skill level in game.

This analogy struggles for the simple fact that the new tool is designed for a completely different purpose. An ,“improved wrench,” is still a wrench, a tool designed to loosen (or tighten) bolts.

The changes to Hunter’s Shot alter its basic functionality. It no longer serves the same purpose, it is a completely different tool, not an improved version of an existing one. To use your analogy, it is now a hammer rather than a wrench. It is no longer capable of functioning as a wrench. Those who needed a wrench no longer have it available as such. It may be the best hammer ever invented, but you will find that it does poor service at loosening bolts.

Hunter’s Shot is no longer capable of providing a group wide damage buff via debuff. That means that it is either a complete failure as a debuffing tool, or it is a different tool entirely.

in Ranger

Criminal.5627

^This.

This x1,000

In WvW especially. Try rapid fire on any enemy player and you will get “obstructed”, “miss” “miss” “miss” 1,356 “miss” “miss”. It’s called dodge rolling twice. Anyone can dodge roll twice through rapid fire and now your precious vulnerability has only stacked 4 times instead of our old guaranteed 10.

this argument can also be applied if someone dodged the old hunters shot only then you would get 0 stacks of vuln which most people usually dodge the first shot you fired at them anyways since it is telegraphed much more and a lot of people admitted to opening with hunters shot previously for their rotation

(edited by Criminal.5627)

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

^This.

This x1,000

this argument can also be applied if someone dodged the old hunters shot only then you would get 0 stacks of vuln which most people usually dodge the first shot you fired at them anyways since it is telegraphed much more

And then that’s the problem they should have fixed, instead of adding something else which compromised a playstyle.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]