Post the Ranger version of...

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

The invincibility build. (WvW)

You’ve all seen them; the Warriors, Guardians and Mesmers that simultaneously take on two or more opponents—and walk away victorious like it was a stroll in the park.

Please post the Ranger version.

>
>

Bonus issue;
Unless you run with the Zerg 100% of the time, what is the point in gearing up with a build that doesn’t grant permanent invincibility?

in Ranger

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

So heres the problem…
Ranger doesn’t have one.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Wha, whaaat?? But is it not what some would call the “Regen Ranger”?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aurawind.8429

Aurawind.8429

The only ones I can think of are… Spirits and Regen Ranger like Pure said. That’s about it. Both builds give a lot of HP overtime.

2/0/6/6/0 Spirits or….
I think the regen ranger build is like 0/0/6/4/4 with dwayna runes and tough/heal/condi dmg armor(As long as you are traiting in the wildernerness, nature, or beast trees it should be fine). Youd run Troll Unguent, signet of the wild, signet of renewal, and rampage as one. Leaving an optional utility open. Weapons would probably be Mainhands sword and axe with offhands dagger and torch.

(edited by Aurawind.8429)

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Invincibility in WvW is very difficult to define since it depends on the situation. You can ready my signature on my personal builds for WvW and however successful I have been in 1v1, 1v2, 1v3… etc, I cannot say they are truly invincible, it depends entirely on you and even then its not an easy feat to accomplish.

In case the signature is tldr: make sure you have at least 3000 toughness and that your source of damage is at least 2000 in power (with medium-high crit chance) or 1200+ condition damage with at least +50% condition damage duration and -50% incoming condition damage duration. Have a stun breaker, means to create a big gap between you and your enemies, and 1 way to recover quickly or become immune to damage.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Well, here it is:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsY3fjEq0ya/KWsQ0aAMhqdBssBwzcIVd2sLQFv9A-TVCFABup/Rm9HAw8niq/YqSwIORAhp8bhnowyHkgAAIAzsMLzysMn5Mn5lrclrclrcIFATSjA-w

Take Signet of the Stone ans Bark Skin against direct damage enemies (most warriors, guards, eles, thieves, longbow rangers) or Signet of Renewal and Empathic Bond against condi-spammers (most ingis, necros, mesmers, sword/axe rangers).

Pro: A lot of healing sources, almost 100% vigor and regenertion uptime. Good protection uptime. A whole lot of dodging and evasion. Good condition damage. Really high toughness (up to 3869 armor).

Contra: Little group support and bad synegy with other classes. Easily countered with good condition removal.

Direct damage Bunker-Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAR8XjEq0yaJL+rw1aABhaVA0uGu3Wwd+mDfdGPVisJ-TVCEABJ8AAKUJoN7PElyv4OigunJV/piDGAAXggHOACBAQAu5NzmtZbezbezDdoDdoDdoN0bO0bO0hWKAmUGB-w

Greatsword to stack might, fury and weaponstacks. Signet of Renewal and Empatc Bond against condi builds. “Protect me” (with murrelow also for might stacking on RaO) and Bark Skin against direct damage builds.

Pro: Better condition remove, more damage, high amount of might and fury uptime, a lot of evades, good protection uptime, viable in Zerg-play (with two bears or drake/bear), high toughness.

Contra: Little healing, only good direct damge, little group support, untrained pets.

Why I don’t use these builds all the time: Lack of group support as I hardly play alone…

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)