Potential Spirit build help

in Ranger

Posted by: Tamashii.7513

Tamashii.7513

After getting a necro to 50, I realized that supporting with marks and wells doesn’t work as well when you are going into pve and wvw with idiots in kaineng server, so I want to support but do substantial amount of damage from a distance so I’ve been looking at rangers. Now I’m wondering if this build is viable since i would mostly be supporting from the rear.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMAQNBjODbEoqqusypC0OQsesn9HIWBD5eUKTdqKsSF

The one thing im torn about this build is sacrificing damage to go for wilderness survival so I can get the trait that decreases the cast time on warhorns, so I can keep the party buffed for 26 secs on buff duration on call of the wild with runes of water equipped as well as keeping the regen from the aoe heal constant for most of the duration before having to recast. But I want to be able to do damage as well which is more worth it?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Spirits are not useful for support in their current state.. their buffs are mediocre at best, have a short range, and your spirits will be one shotted by the slightest aoe damage they take from trash mobs, (let alone veterans or bosses), even if you trait.

Using a spirit build is cool for roleplay value, but they die so fast, any aoe attack from players or trash mobs one shots them, that they are not useful for either dungeons or pvp.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)