Power Ranger is not OP

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

It just has a low skill floor on low skill levels aka it is very easy to wreck bad people with it. Also its weakness (like many beserker classes) is getting focussed, especially since much of the survivability is cooldown capped (SoS pop). This means coordination beats it which again makes it relatively good in the uncoordinated solo queue matches at lower skill levels.

SO STOP REQUESTING NERFS!

If anything Arenanet should try to raise the skill floor on lower skill levels. Make it harder to play, move more of the dmg to GS, etc. On highest skill level Power Ranger actually sees almost no play because it is just too weak. The rigth direction here would actually be buffs so again …

STOP REQUESTING NERFS!

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

People will keep requesting nerfs, mainly because they’d rather moan and cry than learn and adapt. After all, the latter requires them to actually think and work for it. I find it funny that they want to nerf a class so badly that’s not even anywhere near the current top tier of play. It’s probably because they want their “free kill” back. Ranger is, after a long time, now in a decent place in the meta and bad players can’t handle that. Like I said, they’d rather moan and cry than l2p. That’s how bad players stay bad.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Which is hilarious because ranger still isn’t really in the top tier and will be beaten by any moderately decent player running pretty much anything except maybe in a massive empty field. The problem is the terrible people stand there and eat a 10k rapid fire (literally 10 hits) without doing anything and then act like they got "1 shotted).

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

A lot of complaints come from duelling on wide, big, open areas with no LoS.

Yes, Longbow Ranger is broken easy there. But once you introduce area restrictions, objectives and proper LoS it suddenly becomes 60% less effective.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

The difference between rangers and other classes is simple.

When a mesmer comes to contest – you can fight back – but you’ll have harder time to contest than against a Ranger (more elusiveness and much higher burst damage).
When a Thief comes to contest – you can fight back – but you’ll have harder time to contest than against a Ranger (more elusiveness, higher damage and more disruptive tools).

When a Ranger comes to contest – you could fight back – but 30% of the community chose not to. Because they picked no gap closers / no ranged counter-measures.
Only one of those is needed. Both is an overkill that some people still use in practice.

People claim GlassBows OP because they are too lazy to move their fat a**es to actually contest. Because it’s easier to fight someone who’s in point blank range. But it’s too hard to think that YOU have to be the one to close the gap (especially for some people).
If they did – Rangers are practically a morning snack. But until people realize that, we’ll continue to stay somewhere in the meta as GlassBows.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Or maybe those that are crying foul don’t own a iPhone? I mean, if they did they could just press the button and ask Siri.

“Siri, how do I beat a long bow ranger in GW2”

/sigh

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I find it humerous that people using a new toy that a net gave them with the recent longbow buffs all of a sudden want everyone else to l2p and adapt their playstyles to counter it when before the buffs were the same people who cried that longbow just wasn’t good enough for them instead of learning how to use it and position yourself and use your pet to position your opponent etc. You say that the skill ceiling is so low??? You asked a net to lower it. And they did. And now you want everyone else to l2p. I say lol.

Again you can check my post history I’ve been playing power longbow since shortly after release. I am not crying for nerfs. I am calling out hypocrisy.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I find it humerous that people using a new toy that a net gave them with the recent longbow buffs all of a sudden want everyone else to l2p and adapt their playstyles to counter it when before the buffs were the same people who cried that longbow just wasn’t good enough for them instead of learning how to use it and position yourself and use your pet to position your opponent etc. You say that the skill ceiling is so low??? You asked a net to lower it. And they did. And now you want everyone else to l2p. I say lol.

Again you can check my post history I’ve been playing power longbow since shortly after release. I am not crying for nerfs. I am calling out hypocrisy.

The skill ceiling is only low on low skill levels. You can do relatively good with it relatively easy.

Versus actually good player the skill ceiling is really high and using certain skills wrong or missing will be extremely punishing. It is so hard to be efficient that people indeed hardly ever include a power ranger in their premades.

This is why the buffs were completely justified and actually still didn’t put the spec on the same level as other classes. Also I don’t get how it is hypocricy if you want people to adapt to a justified buff.

This thread is aimed at the rather vocal part of PvP players that want Power Ranger to be nerfed while it is actually not considered viable at top level by most. This discrepancy must be discussed and explained to new people.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Black Scoutsman.5830

The skill ceiling is only low on low skill levels. You can do relatively good with it relatively easy.

Versus actually good player the skill ceiling is really high and using certain skills wrong or missing will be extremely punishing. It is so hard to be efficient that people indeed hardly ever include a power ranger in their premades.

This is why the buffs were completely justified and actually still didn’t put the spec on the same level as other classes. Also I don’t get how it is hypocricy if you want people to adapt to a justified buff.

This thread is aimed at the rather vocal part of PvP players that want Power Ranger to be nerfed while it is actually not considered viable at top level by most. This discrepancy must be discussed and explained to new people.

I understand where you are coming from. But I also disagree with the thought process that just because something isn’t used by high end players means that it can’t be too strong. High end players are always going to be able to adapt on the fly and find ways to counter a seemingly uncounterable build. That’s what makes them high end. But just like you can’t balance a game around the desires of the worst players in the game, you also can’t balance it around the highest skilled players in the game. And as someone who has spent many hours killing people in the middle ground, I can say with a high level of confidence that the majority of players simply cannot handle a semi skilled zerker longbow ranger

Case in point. How many players out there are capable of bringing a short CD stunbreak (for pb shot, wolf leap and wolf fear). A short CD reflect, a gap closer, and some form of condi clear (to get out of entangle) and some form of dmg mitigation during the six seconds that SoS is up?? Yeah you could probably make a build for this with most classes, but then every other spec in the game besides ranger will wreck your face.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I understand where you are coming from. But I also disagree with the thought process that just because something isn’t used by high end players means that it can’t be too strong. High end players are always going to be able to adapt on the fly and find ways to counter a seemingly uncounterable build. That’s what makes them high end. But just like you can’t balance a game around the desires of the worst players in the game, you also can’t balance it around the highest skilled players in the game. And as someone who has spent many hours killing people in the middle ground, I can say with a high level of confidence that the majority of players simply cannot handle a semi skilled zerker longbow ranger

Case in point. How many players out there are capable of bringing a short CD stunbreak (for pb shot, wolf leap and wolf fear). A short CD reflect, a gap closer, and some form of condi clear (to get out of entangle) and some form of dmg mitigation during the six seconds that SoS is up?? Yeah you could probably make a build for this with most classes, but then every other spec in the game besides ranger will wreck your face.

Or, instead of all of that crap, you can just bring one cc and one block/blind skill, which will actually help against most builds that you’ll face. Or stability, which also helps against other setups.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Well the developers didn’t agree with you and made improvements. Are you done stroking your ego and kitten. Tell me this did you enjoyed the time when players could strafe dance to avoid the projectiles from the longbow?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Because the longbow used to have no damage per second option better than spamming the auto attack. This made it almost impossible to get a kill unless your opponent made a mistake; since there was no crucial skill for them to dodge, they could just use dodge and heal mindlessly every time those were available and never had to be worried about being unprepared for a spike.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

There are plenty of counters for lb rangers. The fact that one doesn’t consider it a high enough priority to use it doesn’t mean that its op and/or unbalanced.

The reason that LB ranger are not used in high lvl pvp is because most build naturally counter rangers at that level. Even if this wasn’t the case Rangers lack inherent defence that a lot of the classes have. 10 second or less the ranger would be dead or his target needs to be dead.

Not to mention that ranger is mainly single target lot of classes output more dps as their skills are aoe and hit more then one target.

Yes, ranger is unbalance as one reflect skill can kill and infinite number or rangers.
Rangers could be calling for a nerf to reflect but that would be ridiculous as all the ranger had to do is stop his rapid fire. The same is so with those calling for nerfs to the ranger because there was a smart choice to make but they didn’t make it.

Dps wise Rangers are not in the top 3. Ranger damage is decent but not op. Ranger need some sort of inherent defense. Mesmer get stealth, close and the rules for targeting have been change for them (clone cant as player for targeting ).

Ranger have a pet to tank for them, but even mobs bypass them most of the time. Player disregard them( except thieve).

Not to mention that if you go up against a tanky warrior as a zerker ranger with the amount of healing and toughness he posseses you are pretty much done not to mention you cant run because he can out run you.

A thief can kill in like 3 hit but people are crying because they take 10 arrows to the face and live. At least with a ranger its your own fault for not being aware of your surrounding. With a thief most of the time you don’t see them coming because they are in stealth.

This was once a l2p issue ,but at this point in time its an adapt or die issue.
Rangers do have issues but being op isn’t one of them.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

Ranger is bull poopoo, and everyone knows it.

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I also find it humorous that you do not know the old rapid fire’s dps is LOWER THAN AUTO ATTACK at 1000+ range, so basically there’s 0 reason to click that slow-hitting skill that hit less than AA, and forces you to channel for 5 seconds and unable to do anything. (Old RF doesn’t even have vulnerability, and hunter shot does not grant stealth either.)

Old LB doesn’t has RtW, and the default projectile speed is even slower than the untraited LB (now if LB is untraited, it’s still slow as hell), that you can just side straf and dodge all arrow.s

The improvement is warranted because the weapon was just BROKEN back then. Now people want to break it again because they’re so used to ranger being useless, just like you. Now go L2P and get better before you ask for nerf because this magic LB doesn’t carry ranger to the meta unlike what those QQers fantasized.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Ranger is bull poopoo, and everyone knows it.

And losing and crying about a bull poopoo, what does that make you?

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I think we may be running out of horses…last couple of days we beat several to death. P.E.T.A I’m sure will visit these forums shortly.

It really is a learn to play issue. The change(s) to long bow have not dumbed down the class or made it any stronger. There is risk, there is reward. If people on the other side of the fence cannot see it then there isn’t much more we can do.

Last time:
1. Dodge – you have two with default endurance bar…
2. Use the land, trees, NPC’s, friends,
3. Reflect
4. Retaliation
5. Bring a friend
6. Situational awareness – don’t be that Zebra
7. Supply caravan / dead yaks – yes, they block LB
8. Apply pressure
9. Close the gap
10. Ask Siri

Seriously, 9 out of the 10 are all serious and viable options to counter your long bow friend. Beyond that and you fail at any of those 9, they thank you very much for the fish and loot bag. Chances are high that the ambient creature would have downed you also.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Apparently 10k (if lucky with crits vs a full glass opponent) over 10 hits (assuming they all land) is OP but a 9k arcing slice is not, 7k rush is not, 8k+ backstab is not, a massive shatter is not, 6k life blast is not, 6k heartseeker is not etc…

Could go on all day but there’s not much point because the people that hate ranegrs are just the worst of the worst.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

There is a low skill floor for killing people, but actually helping your team win is very difficult.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

There is a low skill floor for killing people, but actually helping your team win is very difficult.

There is a low skill floor for killing up leveled, unskilled, unaware, or otherwise occupied, people. This will apply to any and all classes in GW2, not just the ranger.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its a comfort to know that the Skill Balance team generally doesn’t even look at these boards until they see a problem visible in the metrics.

Buff or nerf, it doesn’t start in here.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Black Scoutsman.5830

I also find it humorous that you do not know the old rapid fire’s dps is LOWER THAN AUTO ATTACK at 1000+ range, so basically there’s 0 reason to click that slow-hitting skill that hit less than AA, and forces you to channel for 5 seconds and unable to do anything. (Old RF doesn’t even have vulnerability, and hunter shot does not grant stealth either.)

Old LB doesn’t has RtW, and the default projectile speed is even slower than the untraited LB (now if LB is untraited, it’s still slow as hell), that you can just side straf and dodge all arrow.s

The improvement is warranted because the weapon was just BROKEN back then. Now people want to break it again because they’re so used to ranger being useless, just like you. Now go L2P and get better before you ask for nerf because this magic LB doesn’t carry ranger to the meta unlike what those QQers fantasized.

I don’t understand what you are getting at? I said nothing about rapid fires damage? And I do know the old AND new rapid fires DMG is less at over 1000 range, it just comes faster now. Before you used it after your enemy used their gap closer. And I don’t want longbow to be useless??? I would like it to require a little bit of skill. I do t see why so many people are opposed to that.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Black Scoutsman.5830

Well the developers didn’t agree with you and made improvements. Are you done stroking your ego and kitten. Tell me this did you enjoyed the time when players could strafe dance to avoid the projectiles from the longbow?

I enjoyed the time that it took some coordination with a cc pet, positioning and some skill to use the longbow. I know you play a lot of ranger cus I’ve seen you post on these forums a lot. Can you honestly tell me that when you play power ranger you don’t win most of your encounters?

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

I don’t understand what you are getting at? I said nothing about rapid fires damage? And I do know the old AND new rapid fires DMG is less at over 1000 range, it just comes faster now. Before you used it after your enemy used their gap closer. And I don’t want longbow to be useless??? I would like it to require a little bit of skill. I do t see why so many people are opposed to that.

You do not know how dps works at all…

I can say I do 200k damage, but it takes 60 secs for all the 200k damage to get by, that is NOT a high damage. But if I do that 200k damage in 1 second, then the damage is insanely high, and I have 59 additional seconds to dish out more damage.

The current dps of RF is higher than Auto for sure. The old LS takes 5 seconds to finish, so you not only dish out less damage over 5 seconds, you wasted your potential 2.5 second on the channeling, while the new version of RS finishes in 2.5 seconds, so you not only finish the RF in 2.5 seconds, but also you have 2.5 additional seconds to do other stuffs such as more AA.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I can say I do 200k damage, but it takes 60 secs for all the 200k damage to get by, that is NOT a high damage. But if I do that 200k damage in 1 second, then the damage is insanely high, and I have 59 additional seconds to dish out more damage.

The current dps of RF is higher than Auto for sure. The old LS takes 5 seconds to finish, so you not only dish out less damage over 5 seconds, you wasted your potential 2.5 second on the channeling, while the new version of RS finishes in 2.5 seconds, so you not only finish the RF in 2.5 seconds, but also you have 2.5 additional seconds to do other stuffs such as more AA.

Learn to react.
Learn to doge.

Rapid Fire – Dodge = 0 DPS

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Its a comfort to know that the Skill Balance team generally doesn’t even look at these boards until they see a problem visible in the metrics.

Buff or nerf, it doesn’t start in here.

Very true.

I recall a few weeks back playing a non rated PvP match. Arena Net dev was on their Mesmer. Ironically never once in that game did the developer say anything bad about my ranger when I finished them off fighting on a node. Nor did I ever say how OP the Mesmer was when they finished me off.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Learn to react.
Learn to doge.

I was just correcting his false knowledge of how dps works. Nothing personal, and nothing related to RF’s damage.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Black Scoutsman.5830

Is there someone else talking in our dialogue that I’m not seeing?? Your first post quotes me and then you started talking about rf’s damage which I have yet to mention. Your second post you quote me again and give me a lecture about dpa (I’m fully aware the new rapid fire does the same amt of DMG in a shorter time thus more dps. In fact I even said that in the quote). You are disagreeing or “correcting mynfalse knowledge” of things I never even said..

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Learn to react.
Learn to doge.

I was just correcting his false knowledge of how dps works. Nothing personal, and nothing related to RF’s damage.

Oh, I’m sorry then. I misread or just hit reply too soon.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Black Scoutsman.5830

To add to my previous point. The DPs of the auto is insanely higher now that read the wind is present because a significantly higher percentage of shots actually land on the target. Even if they are moving. So the DPs of a 1500 range longbow aa full zerker with air and fire sigils (couldn’t have two sigils like that before either) is still higher than rf because most people with a brain stem will mitigate at least some of rf

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Alright, time to end this:

Thief:

• Infiltrator’s Signet
  • Steal
    if necessary, into:
  • Shadow Shot
  • Infiltrator’s Strike
    or even:
  • Shadow Step

Guardian:

• Judge’s Intervention
  • Wall of Reflection

Elementalist:

• Lighting Flash
  • Ride the Lightning
    Scepter is now fine, arguably staff too otherwise:
  • Burning Retreat (towards)
  • Burning Speed
  • Magnetic Grasp → Magnetic Leap
  • Reflects

Mesmer:

• Blink
  • Reflects
  • Win with Greatsword

Necromancer:

• Dark Path
  • Flesh Wurm → Necrotic Traversal

Warrior:

• Rush
  • Whirlwind Attack
  • Use Sword + Greatsword, hammer, etc
  • Blocks
  • Win with Rifle

Engineer:

• Rocket Boots
  • Magnet Pull
  • Gear Shield
  • Use Rifle and Jump Shot to gap close as necessary and win
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Grenades

Ranger:

• Not going to list them, we’re all rangers

This is a list of all of the skills that can be used to close the gap and win against the ranger, or mitigate damage long enough to get within damaging range and/or kill the ranger. While there is a varying skill ability for all of the different professions in order to do this and while half of the classes have it easy enough to where there attempts to get close can’t be mitigated in any way, some classes actually have to, gasp, think about there skill use while gasp, dodging Rapid Fire and Point Blank Shot and moving forward, ultimately, on an equal skill level, every class has a fair chance to win if they dodge they right skills and use their skills appropriately.

The only arguments I’ve seen against the longbow all boil down to the same contradicting and ultimately ridiculous paraphrased concept: A ranged mechanic in the game for dealing damage shouldn’t be able to deal damage at range.

Every game that has both melee and ranged combat deals with the ranged portion of the combat in the same way. You either dodge, block, gap close, or counter range, or a mix of the mechanics. People that are asking for nerfs do not comprehend these mechanics, can’t make use of these mechanics, or got outplayed by a better opponent.

There is only one actual issue with the longbow, and it’s arguable. Read the Wind makes longbow arrows unable to be actively strafed. However, other ranged weapons that deal similar damage (Mesmer GS for starters) have the same mechanic working for them untraited, and is by no means a unique or game breaking mechanic that makes Ranger Longbow anything more than a high priority target that shouldn’t be let free cast.

If anything, Ranger Longbow is a completely linear build that devotes every single possible thing to doing damage at range. The offhand swap serves as either a run weapon or a baddie check (GS rotation is the most predictable and one of the most easily avoidable damage rotation in the game), and all of the utilities are built around surviving for a few seconds longer.

Mesmer GS and Warrior Rifle are both also great ranged weapons that deal similar damage and kill equally, if not more effectively than Ranger Longbow. Why are people complaining more about rangers? Overuse. Mesmer population is a lot lower in most cases than ranger, and most people playing warrior are playing it to play in melee range or one of it’s other millions (hyperbole, but comparatively large) of working weapon and trait combos that isn’t rifle.

At the end of the day? The lowest common denominator of players is going to complain about the most common thing they see that they cannot comprehend or that kills them. The game is balanced towards being a competitively PvP (not WvW which will always be imbalanced and broken) oriented game, and in the current metagame, no ranger build is competitively viable against any of the other available choices.

Learn to play is absolutely the correct argument to use. Developers tend to build in mechanics that are intended to teach players more advanced concepts through experience over time. The ranger longbow is mechanically easy to play, competitively one of the most difficult because of it’s linear nature, and playing against it is designed to push players out of their comfort zone and playstyle, and learn to utilize their dodge mechanic in order to win against a build that when utilized at its highest potential, can still only do damage. Players arguing for nerfs are saying that they have reached their skill peak, which is lower than any functioning human beings skillset should peak at, and that the game should now be balanced around them, and hold their hand instead of teach them to be better.

The game is already about as casual friendly as it can be. This should be the line that we draw the “learn to play” barrier at. The “look, we understand you want to play Greatsword/Greatsword and autoattack and faceroll and win against everything, but now you need to learn where the dodge button is” point.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

It just has a low skill floor on low skill levels aka it is very easy to wreck bad people with it. Also its weakness (like many beserker classes) is getting focussed, especially since much of the survivability is cooldown capped (SoS pop). This means coordination beats it which again makes it relatively good in the uncoordinated solo queue matches at lower skill levels.

SO STOP REQUESTING NERFS!

If anything Arenanet should try to raise the skill floor on lower skill levels. Make it harder to play, move more of the dmg to GS, etc. On highest skill level Power Ranger actually sees almost no play because it is just too weak. The rigth direction here would actually be buffs so again …

STOP REQUESTING NERFS!

Exactly this, i would love so much that we actually get rework of entire ranger and actually get advanced ranger that would bring a lot of skill to gameplay.

BUT HEY, i’m waiting for druid changes, maybe then something would change.. BUT… if they don’t people would say.. now you demand rework.. no.. i request it now.. but i still hope Druid will bring something awesome and changes to old ranger… (while i already think it will be fail) idea of druid in general is to me backstep, because AI is not intelligent or advanced enough to deal with this upgrade, but hey, lets give it a go.. in next few days we might see some BETA tests.

I would love to see ranger entirely reworked. (i’m ranger main with 1,4k hours), and to be honest, i’m enjoying my own build that is full berzerker with power/blast/trap build with longbow and sword/horn. It’s mainly built for team fights.

What i would love to see is:
- shortbow and longbow changes swap some skills between weapons
- changes to traits because currently we have a mess with mixed stuff in trait lines that doesn’t even fit in there.
- removing Signet of Hunt, and making it a trait to free 1 utility spot for something more useful
- +300 range trait should become a skill that would be optional
- traps need kind of rework (it would be awesome if we could trigger them on our own) lets say blast it with horn? or projectile finishers that could trigger them ranger only( this would bring trap viability outside of trapper build)
- power ranger is very good with sword/dagger and i think sword needs changes
- sword changes(remove leap on skill 1, and remove self root on skill 1, reposition is key we need that)
- bug fix a pet, that would actually work on distance path-finding and not location path-finding. Difference? (distance, would constantly calculate distance between target, location pathing “what we have now”, is checking if pet is in range once pet is on location where command was given to attack which is fairly BAD and pointless pet AI)
- axe rework skill4, needs more velocity faster throw + faster comeback ( to easy to dodge ) or at least the returning velocity after reaching max range should have faster return. (pull is what i aim for and if target moves left right it’s impossible to hit unless you predict motion, remove target manually and throw axe in direction, which in this combat is unrealistic).
- ranger should be able to ground position traps in default in order to make them viable out of trapper build
- spirits should be duration wise and immortal (in my opinion spirits are nothing but worst necromance petmaster currently)
- longbow3 hunters shoot should be looked, because it fails in 50% of time even if that was a clean shoot and had totally no reasons to fail to stealth. Skill fails fairly often even if you were not blinded, aegis, reflected or what so ever. Same goes with LB4 point blank shoot.
– pat leaps should be more natural with smaller leap charging time is fairly to quick for poor pet positioning ( ranger has no real control to set up the leap direction or side of leap)
- general ranger problem lack of blast and finishers
- change how axe and longbow projectile finishers work ( i rather have 1x 100% and 2 sec cooldown then 20% chance and no cooldown)
- PET REMOVAL SPECIALIZATION WOULD BE MOST WELCOME ( OPTIONAL PETS TY) GW1 GAVE RANGER PERFECT CHOICE OF SETUP

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Alright, time to end this:
The game is already about as casual friendly as it can be. This should be the line that we draw the “learn to play” barrier at. The “look, we understand you want to play Greatsword/Greatsword and autoattack and faceroll and win against everything, but now you need to learn where the dodge button is” point.

THIS.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I have yet to see a nerf post on melee power rangers, really don’t know why nobody complains about them. Melee aa hits almost as hard as lb aa, all that while that power ranger afk’s at safety of melee distance.

Mind-boggling o_O

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

I have yet to see a nerf post on melee power rangers, really don’t know why nobody complains about them. Melee aa hits almost as hard as lb aa, all that while that power ranger afk’s at safety of melee distance.

Mind-boggling o_O

I hope you aren’t serious. A thief calling ranger power melee no-risk?

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

Mind-boggling o_O

If you had ever played a thief, you’d know how silly you sound.

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

On the off chance that some people really don’t know how to deal with LB rangers, the following might shed some light on what glassbow truly is.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/How-to-fight-longbow-rangers/first

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

1. Dodge – you have two with default endurance bar…
2. Use the land, trees, NPC’s, friends,
3. Reflect
4. Retaliation
5. Bring a friend
6. Situational awareness – don’t be that Zebra
7. Supply caravan / dead yaks – yes, they block LB
8. Apply pressure
9. Close the gap
10. Ask Siri

i’d also like to add flowers in borderlands

i’m not sure why, but you can’t fire projectiles through tall grass/flowers

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Mind-boggling o_O

If you had ever played a thief, you’d know how silly you sound.

I have a level 80 thief. Guess what? When I hit ‘dodge’, he actually dodges immediately, not two seconds later. When the fight isn’t going well, I can stealth and leave. When I’m fighting near a cliff or other environmental hazard, I don’t have to forgo the use of half of my skill bar, including the auto attack, in order to avoid it.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

“Power ranger is not OP.”

No, it isn’t. A vast majority of the damage dealt by RF is avoidable.

Fire/Air procs, however, are not, and that’s what people seem to fail to recognize is a huge source of damage from this build and many others offering burst damage.

A player being caught off-guard by a power ranger using RF can reasonably avoid 7/10 shots when reacting with a stun break and double dodge, of which are at around 1-1.4k damage per hit on average, meaning RF’s damage range is 3 to 4.2k damage or so.

That’s not totally unreasonable – that’s being hit by a thief’s cloak and dagger and double dodging two subsequent backstab attempts.

What’s problematic, though, is that an additional 3-4.3k damage is statistically guaranteed to happen from fire/air procs from the hits that do indeed land. This leaves one skill doing bare minimum around 8k damage after a double dodge negating most of the damage from this skill alone.

It seems a lot of people seem to neglect to consider just how broken these sigils are and why burst is artificially high on so many builds which shouldn’t have that kind of damage.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Fire/Air procs, however, are not, and that’s what people seem to fail to recognize is a huge source of damage from this build and many others offering burst damage.

This is also true for any sigil – you get to customize it so it is a equal playing field. Torment, corruption, etc. They all play a roll so it is up to us, the player, to choose. I run Fire and Air. But I also run incapacitation and a few others just to keep it fun. It doesn’t make it anyway OP than say a scepter wielding Mesmer with their torment sigil.

What’s problematic, though, is that an additional 3-4.3k damage is statistically guaranteed to happen from fire/air procs from the hits that do indeed land. This leaves one skill doing bare minimum around 8k damage after a double dodge negating most of the damage from this skill alone.

Fun with math. The funny thing is though that people can rearrange the numbers and math to paint there statistics in their favor. What doesn’t change is that we all have the same base endurance to tuck and roll

It seems a lot of people seem to neglect to consider just how broken these sigils are and why burst is artificially high on so many builds which shouldn’t have that kind of damage.

Not really broken since they have been around for a while now. Sigils, much like runes, are hard choices. We can’t have it all as much as the various OP thread starts try and paint it. To be a power berserker Ranger you give up a lot of defensive abilities. The Ranger forum has tried to play and provide countless ways to avoid both the range and rapid fire ability to no avail.

Every class in the game in 2 of the 3 metas of play, sPvP and WvW, players have to choose their setup until “THEY” find their comfort level. Remember, GW2 is built for comfort, not speed.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Aidan.7120

Aidan.7120

Rangers are not OP, they are just bad-balanced. People don’t need high skill to get good results against other classes, especially in tf.
I don’t say the class should be nerfed, it should be balanced, nerfed in some aspects and buffed in some other.
If i’m fighting 1vs1, then a ranger come to +1 and kill me just by pressing 2 and 5, there something wrong, cause early every other class have to toil more to achieve the same result.
I really really would like to use my ranger as i was used to, but the most used build are so boring.

I’d like to have spirit ranger back, or a beastmaster build, or even a LB ranger, with a more difficult build, which reward player skill more.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Rangers are not OP, they are just bad-balanced. People don’t need high skill to get good results against other classes, especially in tf.
I don’t say the class should be nerfed, it should be balanced, nerfed in some aspects and buffed in some other.
If i’m fighting 1vs1, then a ranger come to +1 and kill me just by pressing 2 and 5, there something wrong, cause early every other class have to toil more to achieve the same result.
I really really would like to use my ranger as i was used to, but the most used build are so boring.

I’d like to have spirit ranger back, or a beastmaster build, or even a LB ranger, with a more difficult build, which reward player skill more.

That’s a terrible example. If you are already fighting and get blindsided by any zerk player the results will be the same. Having to press 1 or 2 extra buttons isn’t as big of a challenge as people try to make it out to be.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Any class can +1 and kill anyone easily just so you know.
Thief and mediation guardian does the job exactly the same as ranger.
It’s a +1 and you’re SUPPOSE to die, otherwise the game is imbalanced. (I’m talking about 2 v 1, 4 v 3 may be different, but 2 V 1 it’s like 200% manpower. If you can’t win in a 2 v 1 basically you just suck)

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Rangers still dont have the damage to overhit a cele ele or a medi gua (or a tanky warrior)
I fought a lot of that guys and a lot of them was not even a good player but they just tanked me.
Once a cele ele just standed, jumped rapiditly, not even fought back and just healed and tanked the damage of my full glass pewpew ranger

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I enjoyed the time that it took some coordination with a cc pet, positioning and some skill to use the longbow. I know you play a lot of ranger cus I’ve seen you post on these forums a lot. Can you honestly tell me that when you play power ranger you don’t win most of your encounters?

I really only play my rangers and I win most of my encounters no matter what build I use I also win most my encounters on my:

Warrior (I don’t really know how to play it)
Mesmer (I don’t really know how to play it)
Guardian (I don’t really know how to play it)
Engineer (I don’t really know how to play it)
Thief (I don’t really know how to play it)

etc…

This doesn’t lead me to think I’m a natural talent at this, it leads me to think most players are really terrible and/or beginners they are also the ones that complain the most.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Aidan.7120

Aidan.7120

That’s a terrible example. If you are already fighting and get blindsided by any zerk player the results will be the same. Having to press 1 or 2 extra buttons isn’t as big of a challenge as people try to make it out to be.

yeah, okay, u misunderstood.
LB rangers are too braindead, that’s what i meant.
it’s not a matter of opness, it’s a matter of balancing.
If i stay far away and just press 521111521115211 there’s something wrong.

I know that u need GS too and whatever but there will be many situations where you’ll just sit on a rock and shoot arrows.
If there’s a TF mid, at temple, you’ll probably do that.

The class is just not used in competitive since a single grd wall would destroy all those noob LB rangers who just spam skills, killing themselves, but in a pug, this won’t happens everytime, and 2 LB rangers, with a bunker holding a point, will destroy lighter classes without so much effort.

I repeat, i used to play my ranger a lot, it was my second character, and i’ve played it since beta, but nowdays ranger is just a braindead skill spammer, like thief was. Do you need personal skill to achieve better results? ofc! but if a noob tries to use an ele, he will be wrecked apart, if i give him a ranger he could still do a lot, and that shouldn’t happen.

The class should be nerfed in some ways and buffed in some other.
I don’t know, maybe buff his damage but slow every skill, make stealth last longer, or maybe make it usable without a target, but shrink the AoE.
There would be so many cool things to make this class (and expecially this build) awesome, but i know we have to wait soooo long to get them

ps: same with SB rangers, too much bleeding with just autoattack, it’s boriiiiiiiing

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I know that u need GS too and whatever but there will be many situations where you’ll just sit on a rock and shoot arrows.

The class is just not used in competitive since a single grd wall would destroy all those noob LB rangers who just spam skills, killing themselves, but in a pug, this won’t happens everytime, and 2 LB rangers, with a bunker holding a point, will destroy lighter classes without so much effort.

I repeat, i used to play my ranger a lot, it was my second character, and i’ve played it since beta, but nowdays ranger is just a braindead skill spammer, like thief was. Do you need personal skill to achieve better results? ofc! but if a noob tries to use an ele, he will be wrecked apart, if i give him a ranger he could still do a lot, and that shouldn’t happen.

I don’t know, maybe buff his damage but slow every skill, make stealth last longer, or maybe make it usable without a target, but shrink the AoE.
There would be so many cool things to make this class (and expecially this build) awesome, but i know we have to wait soooo long to get them

ps: same with SB rangers, too much bleeding with just autoattack, it’s boriiiiiiiing

Maybe GW2 isn’t for you then because all classes have similar nuts and bolts.

I mean, when you hot lap any of the WvW maps you are telling me you never have to port due to death and taxes? Seriously, you just are free to run around the maps flipping camps and reigning arrows down on people causing all sorts of death and destruction without any recourse at all?

To the unaware or unattended players, I agree you are pressing auto attack and rapid fire for an easy kill. That is not the primary dance though because aware or alerted players actually engage. You are no longer doing a slow waltz. It is time to go now like you are running from the coppers.

Last time, Rangers have an advantage with range. There is a fine line with traits, gear, food, and accessories in order to frontload damage. Once the gap is closed the waltz is over and the foxtrot ensues. It involves weapon swapping and all skills to survive if you went more towards dps/damange than defense which most people playing power/zerker.

Why everyone continues to think Rangers get a hall pass to do whatever they want is beyond me. Unaware, unattended, poor map awareness = respawn and a goodie bag for the victor. This is no different than if you play any of the other classes.

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Stick a noob ele in that exact same situation and you will get the same results as a noob ranger. If the players decide to ignore the ele sitting off point dropping meteor shower on them they are going to get wrecked while the ele brainlessly spams skills. You can put any profession in that situation and say it is brainless.

The scenarios you are complaining about only occur with low skill players. Playing a zerk ranger against another player in a 1v1 requires skill to survive. The main source of damage comes from 3-4 skills depending on what weapons you are bringing, the rest of your skills are used for kiting and control so that you can land your burst skills. Good players save dodges, evades, blocks, etc. for your burst skills, so it becomes a game of positioning, interrupting heals, and outplaying your opponent.

You might find that boring but I personally love drawing out dodges, cooldowns, and setting up chain cc’s to burst players down. I find that a lot more fun than running a build like d/d ele where I simply run through the same combo and out sustain my opponents.

Longbow rangers not being competitive has nothing to do with stupid players that allow their rapid fire to be reflected back into them. It has to do with the game mode and the maps. Longbow rangers compete for a spot with thieves but thieves are much more mobile on these maps and have access to boon stripping which is sorely needed in the cele meta. Thieves also have greater burst, better escape potential, and can stealth rez allies. Nerfing longbow will not make rangers more competitive, if anything rangers need buffs.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Power Ranger is not OP

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This is also true for any sigil – you get to customize it so it is a equal playing field. Torment, corruption, etc. They all play a roll so it is up to us, the player, to choose. I run Fire and Air. But I also run incapacitation and a few others just to keep it fun. It doesn’t make it anyway OP than say a scepter wielding Mesmer with their torment sigil.

Fun with math. The funny thing is though that people can rearrange the numbers and math to paint there statistics in their favor. What doesn’t change is that we all have the same base endurance to tuck and roll

Not really broken since they have been around for a while now. Sigils, much like runes, are hard choices. We can’t have it all as much as the various OP thread starts try and paint it. To be a power berserker Ranger you give up a lot of defensive abilities. The Ranger forum has tried to play and provide countless ways to avoid both the range and rapid fire ability to no avail.

Every class in the game in 2 of the 3 metas of play, sPvP and WvW, players have to choose their setup until “THEY” find their comfort level. Remember, GW2 is built for comfort, not speed.

Thing is, it has little to do with rangers. Fire/Air procs are pretty much equally broken on all classes. It only is emphasized on rangers because it’s extremely likely to happen even if a double dodge is used – moreso than other classes because of RF’s multi-hit speed.

Not all classes can dodge the same, sorry. That’s just blatantly not true. Some classes have access to vigor, some permanently, some not at all.

Berserker longbow ranger is easy for what it offers and hard to master. Pressing 2 and dealing a massive sum of damage is not hard. I measure ranger skill mostly by position use and how well a ranger can fight without range. I’ll say it straight in that most of them suck.

I main a ranger and a thief, and can tell you as a fact the rune/sigil choice is not hard. Fire/Air or you’re doing it wrong. It mathematically offers the highest DPS and burst damage increase, and the utility options are not worth it based around other class features and pet utility. Even the best theorycrafters in the game like Nike openly admit these sigils are too much and offer too much damage with no counterplay options/reasonable alternatives. I refuse to use fire/air on my characters – even my crit strikes signet burst thief – on the sheer basis that I do not like to contribute to broken power-ups.

And don’t try to preach sacrificing defenses please. I go to my glass cannon ranger after playing my full valkyrie thief when I need something durable.