Predator's Instinct Replacement

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Disrupting Accuracy: Critical hits have a 10% chance to daze your target for .25 seconds.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Disrupting Accuracy: Critical hits have a 10% chance to daze your target for .25 seconds.

ICD?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I dislike RNG traits. Why not follow a more active approach from Robert Gee’s line of thinking so there’s some predictability and chance to actively apply the daze?

“Gain a charge when you or your pet deal a critical strike. After 10 charges, your next strike dazes a foe for ¼s.”

It would scale better in group scenarios with cleave/aoe skills, and be flexible with low precision builds since they can use a high precision pet to gain charges.

The daze, from how I read it, only affects a single, so that limitation there works well enough so this trait isn’t too wild.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I dislike RNG traits. Why not follow a more active approach from Robert Gee’s line of thinking so there’s some predictability and chance to actively apply the daze?

“Gain a charge when you or your pet deal a critical strike. After 10 charges, your next strike dazes a foe for ¼s.”

It would scale better in group scenarios with cleave/aoe skills, and be flexible with low precision builds since they can use a high precision pet to gain charges.

The daze, from how I read it, only affects a single, so that limitation there works well enough so this trait isn’t too wild.

You should do a revamp thread, very curious to see your ideas.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilToaster.7406

EvilToaster.7406

Passive RNG CC isn’t good design.

Id rather have something like “Gain might when you strike a crippled target. Your pet gains might when it strikes a crippled target.” give it a 1 second ICD or make it so you can only get one might at a time to prevent just Barraging onto a teamfight for instant 25might.

Or they could just lower the ICD.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

NO.

This trait is used by every pro spvp build (team and solo). I mean lol when it activates it slows an enemy by 50% for TEN seconds. If you invest in some cripple duration you can easily get that to FIFTEEN seconds. That’s 50% uptime on this, its almost OP for an adept trait.

Unless you are playing in spvp at my leet lvl (38 wolf) you really cannot appreciate how wildly strong this is in hotjoin (where all the true pvpers roll).

About the only way they could make this trait even more OP is have its cooldown be per target, raise threshold to 75% and add 500 life steal every time you inflict cripple .5sec ICD.