Prediction about MoC and Lunar Impact

in Ranger

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

So since we know Arena Net is pretty fast when it comes to Ranger Nerfs, what do you think how long we keep the “interesting” fact of a 6s Daze on 5s CD?

There are 2 Ways for ArenaNet to fix that:

• Nerf MoC to 50% or something
  • Nerf Lunar Impact’s CD to 10s or higher

I predict that we will keep the Combo for the Weekend but with the first “Changes after BWE3”-Post from the Devs, this synergy will be destroyed either way. I doubt that ArenaNet will let this slip into the Full Release.

And before everyone cries: “pssshhh don’t tell them”, 5 Minutes after the Start of the BWE, someone dazelocked by a Druid will open a Thread about how OP Druids are, so they will know either way.

in Ranger

Posted by: JKLeetro.6935

JKLeetro.6935

I really have to add though, given how we don’t have access to any kind of aoe daze/stun to make use of Moment of clarity easily, it should be tweaked. Not nerfed, but tweaked. If we can chain-daze multiple foes it is very close to being OP. Only reason I don’t say it won’t be OP out-right is because unlike warrior who can deal additional damage with higher critical chance on the enemies that are stunned or apply confusion when interrupt (geez warrior gets a lot) we gain additional damage on one hit from us and pet. Also it is NOT a weapon skill but is a skill of celestial avatar that MUST be charged before usage, it may not even be that threatening in the actual practise.

So hopefully A-net won’t kneejerk on this one like they did with WHAO

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It would be absurd to nerf MoC now that they just added so much synergy.

Just reduce the Daze on Lunar Impact to 1.5s and reduce the cast time to 1/4 second also, then the daze can only get to 3s, still useful to interrupt, but you can’t lock people out with it.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Actually do we know how often can we cast Avatar state? and how long will it last?

Anyway: Increase the CD to 6 seconds decrease the Daze to 2 seconds.
4 seconds daze in 6 seconds Cd i think is balanced.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Unless i’m mistaken it is:
- a celestial avatar skill
- an AOE RED CIRCLE OF INCOMING DEATH skill
- a skill with a 1s cast time and an unknown delay between the end of casting and the impact

So it can only be used during a limited time after certain conditions have been met (the transform), is telegraphed, interruptable and dodgeable.

Wouldn’t anyone daze-locked by this skill be the equivalent of “those” wvw players that manage to die to a longbow from 1800 range?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I dont c this getting nerfed.
1)This one of the druid only skills with flavor and synegie to trait lines other then healing.
2)While in celec from you have litle access to damage so its hard to kill someone while thy’r dazed.
3)Druid will realy want to take the defensive trait lines(BM/NM/WS) so by tempting them go to MM over one of bunker trait lines is a big +.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Or just move the daze to another skill. Lunar Impact has already massive heal and blast finisher.

I dont c this getting nerfed.
1)This one of the druid only skills with flavor and synegie to trait lines other then healing.
2)While in celec from you have litle access to damage so its hard to kill someone while thy’r dazed.
3)Druid will realy want to take the defensive trait lines(BM/NM/WS) so by tempting them go to MM over one of bunker trait lines is a big +.

Why? I can clearly see a pvp druid going for more control and less healing, and dominate teamfights with 30+ seconds of daze + 30k heal + blast every 5 seconds.

It will make druid mandatory in every pvp/wvw team.

Also if raids are cc oriented because of breakbars, then that’s even worse.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Or just move the daze to another skill. Lunar Impact has already massive heal and blast finisher.

Exacly, and therefor longer CD mopared to 1-3 celec form skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Lunar Impact does simply too much compared to other skills. Plus that blast finisher right next to Tidal Surge that is also a water field… Just give it 10k heal…

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Lunar Impact does simply too much compared to other skills. Plus that blast finisher right next to Tidal Surge that is also a water field… Just give it 10k heal…

The water field doesn’t seem to last that long to give you time to blast the field. The field looked like it lasted only for the channel of the skill in the stream. The devs even commented of its ‘’huge visuality’’ so your allies can combo off it.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The water field doesn’t seem to last that long to give you time to blast the field. The field looked like it lasted only for the channel of the skill in the stream. The devs even commented of its ‘’huge visuality’’ so your allies can combo off it.

TS is a channeled skill, so you cannot finish the water field yourself except for with Clarion Bond and a pet swap.

@ Kidel

How are you calculating this Daze up time? It seems to be somewhat far fetched. You’ll only be able to stack 100% uptime, so to stack 30s of it, it would take 30s as well. 5s CD with a 1s cast time = 6s total for a 6s total daze.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

TS is a channeled skill, so you cannot finish the water field yourself except for with Clarion Bond and a pet swap.

It is an overlasting skill, dont think its channeled.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The cast time is 2.75s and it pulses 5 times.
Edit: Definitely channeled

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Actually do we know how often can we cast Avatar state? and how long will it last?

Anyway: Increase the CD to 6 seconds decrease the Daze to 2 seconds.
4 seconds daze in 6 seconds Cd i think is balanced.

Seems like it has a 10s CD. I’m gonna test all forms of healing to see what regens the celestial energy, in theory Troll Unguent should regen 75% (2.5% x 10 for you + 10 for pet + 10 for Life Vicarously if pet is considered an ally) of that bar.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

The cast time is 2.75s and it pulses 5 times.
Edit: Definitely channeled

Ya, u’r right. So HS for our new blasts?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

we don’t know how long we can stay in avatar form, so its best to see that first. Me might only get the option of using it once if we want to use other skills too Twice if focus towards it maybe

in Ranger

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I really have to add though, given how we don’t have access to any kind of aoe daze/stun to make use of Moment of clarity easily, it should be tweaked. Not nerfed, but tweaked. If we can chain-daze multiple foes it is very close to being OP. Only reason I don’t say it won’t be OP out-right is because unlike warrior who can deal additional damage with higher critical chance on the enemies that are stunned or apply confusion when interrupt (geez warrior gets a lot) we gain additional damage on one hit from us and pet. Also it is NOT a weapon skill but is a skill of celestial avatar that MUST be charged before usage, it may not even be that threatening in the actual practise.

So hopefully A-net won’t kneejerk on this one like they did with WHAO

Rune of Eq is a 4s Daze with MoC and Storm Spirit 6s with MoC. Both AoE. Not the easiest to hit AoE, but AoE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I hope they nerf the daze, but reduce casting time in compensation actually, as the healing and blast is more significant.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

druid’s access to daze is somehow getting nerfed for sure. with Mesmer runes, we can throw out multiple aoe 3-4 second dazes. we’re the new lockdown Mesmer essentially.

in Ranger

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

It is definitely going to get nerfed. WAY too overtuned.

A 6sec dazelock is a death sentence. Scrapper also has some daze potential that may also require so nerfs as well.

Hopefully DPS is significantly upped in the process though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It definitely sounds a bit scary.
Especially combined with Natural Convergence, MoC and Ancient Seeds. Some crazy lock down potential.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Made this prediction at the reveal. A daze duration reduction on Lunar Impact down to 2s or the cooldown would be increased to 8-10s are the most-likely outcomes. Wouldn’t surprise me though if both measures were taken.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.