Vamp Rook.7835

My post at CDI: here

Specific Game Mode

PvX

Proposal Overview

Preparations!

GW1 preparations: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Preparations

Adapt them to GW2 style, a few examples:

Read the Wind: Preparation. (10 seconds). +X damage. Your projectiles move twice as fast.

Apply Poison: Preparation. (10 seconds.) Your next X physical attacks inflict Poisoned condition.

Kindle Projectile: Preparation. (10 seconds.) Your next X projectile attacks inflict burning.

Ignite Projectile: Preparation. (10 seconds.) Your arrows deal +x damage to target and foes adjacent to target. Blast finisher.

Troll Unguent: Change to preparation. Add: Your next X attacks remove 1 condition.

You can only use one preparation at same time (no stacking problem).

Add a new grandmaster trait to survival:

Trait XIII: When you use a preparation skill, you apply the effects to all nearby allies as well.

Goal of Proposal

Improve power builds (Kindle Projectile), and condition builds(Apply Poison) without using pasive skills (spirits).

Improve party support sharing preparations like Troll Unguent

Discuss.

Preparations should come back

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Been discussed before. As usual, some would take it over pets, some get defensive about a band-aided mechanic being replaced by something that works as intended, and some don’t give two poops about prep or pets.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Preparations are already in the game. They just gave them to thieves as venoms.

As someone else said last time this came up, that’s one of the reasons GW2 rangers are so lackluster. They took everything that made ranger great in GW1, and gave those things to other classes in GW2.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

YES! I miss my preparations.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

We’ve got a preparation. sharpened blade. not very useful. maybe someone can shine some light on it.. xD