Primal Echoes

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This is an awesome PvP trait that I think doesn’t get enough attention because of the competition in that tier. In addition to an up to 5 target instant, on-demand interrupt that also triggers ancient seeds, you get the reduced CD on staff. Staff skills are already amazing support for both you and your team, and the reduced CD bumps up your map movement and healing capabilities dramatically.

In wanting to find a use for it, I have a few things I’ve been trying. I’ve got a sigil of generosity and a sigil of purity on my staff. It’s random which is not ideal, but the goal here is to simply cull conditions before they get out of hand. This works mainly because of lack of other good options, and either one can be removed for an understandably wanted sigil of energy. Layer 2, I already love Lyssa runes, so for some steady and heavy condi removal on demand, this is an easy choice. It pairs well with generosity as well. Finally, a look at the enemy team comp changes SoS to SoR or vice versa. Note that SoR also double as another stun breaker against something like a druid that is spamming CC and lacks huge power spike.

Thoughts? I have a new baby and don’t have the sheer number of games under my belt I’d like to get a good grasp on every druid nuance, however I am really loving the bump up in utility you get from this.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I think your approach is interesting and that the trait does have good value for staff. Unfornately every time I want to make use of this trait, I find it often better to take druidic clarity. Having CAF double as a stunbreak and condi clear is too valuable and frees up a spot where I would have to take SoR or an additional survival skill when using WS line.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

In this meta where Conditions rule and you can’t get out of CC chain even with 5 stability and 3 stun-breaks –
I believe having full-cleanse and stun-break is much and much better than the daze.

Mostly for TeamFights. For small-scale skirmishes the Primal Echoes are definitely better.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

In this meta where Conditions rule and you can’t get out of CC chain even with 5 stability and 3 stun-breaks -

Ya mesmers are obnoxious, but I can’t imagine they don’t get toned down next update.

I’ve been toying around with Lyssa runes plus Glyph of Unity, which cures 7 condis and damages the CCers on a good CD. It’s such an awkward skill though…

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

In this meta where Conditions rule and you can’t get out of CC chain even with 5 stability and 3 stun-breaks -

Ya mesmers are obnoxious, but I can’t imagine they don’t get toned down next update.

I’ve been toying around with Lyssa runes plus Glyph of Unity, which cures 7 condis and damages the CCers on a good CD. It’s such an awkward skill though…

I just wish Glyph of Unity had any use at all. If it was supposed to be a Tank-oriented glyph – it failed. It doesn’t deal any damage without being berserker and then taking damage is a wrong choice.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I think you can skip druidic clarity and still stand strong in the meta with somthing like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAlsiVsC+rActgFMBzZxtAecNLrBQAAOn2TLqlI9dA-TpxHABAcEAC4BAI2FAooyADcIAEf/BA

I think you should skip MM traitline for somthing more defensive. Like you i’m a big fan of lyssa rune but in spvp leadership is supirior, with NM ia 50% boon duration, thats tons of might and protaction duration so you can pass on SoS. Somke can deal with EB punishment and also moa. Take hydromacy with echos build to trigger roots.
The build will shine in group fights but will probably lack damage in 1v1.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Those are some really interesting ideas Lugh. How does hydromancy interact with multiple dazed opponents? The closest get the roots?

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Those are some really interesting ideas Lugh. How does hydromancy interact with multiple dazed opponents? The closest get the roots?

Nope, all enemies that get dazed and then damaged by hydromancy will be rooted, as they are all damaged at the same time. same as Glyph of Equality

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by Hepatolith.6389)

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

As @Hepatolith.6389 mentioned, echos+hydromancy = aoe daze+root. You might even want to try and run double staff to abuse this combo ^^

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

As @Hepatolith.6389 mentioned, echos+hydromancy = aoe daze+root. You might even want to try and run double staff to abuse this combo ^^

you don’t really Need to
double hydromancy would be enough as going into Avatar proccs Primal Echoes, at least i think it did when i used it the last time.

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m loving hydromancy now. That little extra time saved with the instant roots makes a much bigger difference than you’d think, and multiple roots on recharge is amazing for small skirmish fights.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I guess you could get around Druidic Clarity when you have the Wilderness Survival line but without it nothing beats Druidic Clarity in PvP imo. I for my part swapped WS out for Druid so I pretty much need Druidic Clarity.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

WS on a druid gets weird for me. You need BM for the swiftness and cool down on RaO, yet you’re also traited for TU and entangle. You could take natural stride, but then you’re looking at untraited glyphs, and those glyphs are very powerful.

You could make due with just the weapon movement and tail wind or something I suppose.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

WS on a druid gets weird for me. You need BM for the swiftness and cool down on RaO, yet you’re also traited for TU and entangle. You could take natural stride, but then you’re looking at untraited glyphs, and those glyphs are very powerful.

You could make due with just the weapon movement and tail wind or something I suppose.

I run Skirmishing, BM, Druid. Quickdraw, Taunt, Druidic Clarity, Celestial Shadow and Ancient Seeds and it works great for me. The only problem I have right now are good condi-Revs but I just have to get used to their movement.

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I run Skirmishing, BM, Druid. Quickdraw, Taunt, Druidic Clarity, Celestial Shadow and Ancient Seeds and it works great for me. The only problem I have right now are good condi-Revs but I just have to get used to their movement.

Ya I am settling on something similar, I could never fit WS in. Quickdraw is very powerful, especially paired with primal echoes. It’s very easy to get and hold decaps with so much CC. I tag with staff then swap to LB for the double PBS, then swap to staff for interrupt and double staff 4, or double up on staff 3 or 5 if things are going badly. I’m also really preferring wolf bristleback for that instead of SS bristleback.

It is SO much CC spam I hope anet doesn’t nerf it because bad players aren’t seeing the glaring weaknesses of that type of setup. If you let me kill you, I’m going to kill you. And I get obliterated by aware condi reapers.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Primal Echoes

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

Ya I am settling on something similar, I could never fit WS in. Quickdraw is very powerful, especially paired with primal echoes. It’s very easy to get and hold decaps with so much CC. I tag with staff then swap to LB for the double PBS, then swap to staff for interrupt and double staff 4, or double up on staff 3 or 5 if things are going badly. I’m also really preferring wolf bristleback for that instead of SS bristleback.

It is SO much CC spam I hope anet doesn’t nerf it because bad players aren’t seeing the glaring weaknesses of that type of setup. If you let me kill you, I’m going to kill you. And I get obliterated by aware condi reapers.

Haha, yes. QD is just so nice for every situation, DMG or utility-wise. What I really love against Necros for example is the smokescales following rotation: I let it attack, it smoke assaults to the enemy, I hit my PBS, Rapidfire, enemy is rooted, Then smokescale F2, taunt and often it also uses the knockdown additionaly. And the necro can’t send the immob away because the smokescale stands in its smokefield an I’m simply too far away.

(edited by Shirk.6421)