Protect Me vs Endure Pain

in Ranger

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

Protect me!
Endure Pain

Comparing these two, protect me is incredibly bad.
For only 2 Seconds more duration you might kill your pet, which is cutting off a huge part of your overall damage while the warriors do not have to sacrifice ANY of their damage while using their skill pendant (which is a stunbreaker in addition).

why?

there are so many skills doing nearly the same thing on multiple professions and in most cases the rangers version is total crap. :/

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Spirits vs. Banners is my favorite example. But the fact that none of the Ranger’s shouts affects allies, is funny as well. Or how about Signet of the Wild vs. Healing Signet; 62 healing vs. 200 healing per second, active skills gives more damage vs. more healing (healing is arguably more useful on a regeneration signet), and 60 second recharge vs. 20 second recharge. Signet of Stone is also the weakest toughness signet of them all; the active is “pet takes no damage” vs. “retaliation to nearby allies and weakness to nearby foes”, “gain stability”, or “immobilize”. But even though it’s the weakest toughness signet, Signet of Stone also has the longest recharge time of 80 seconds.

I don’t know what ArenaNet were thinking when they made the Ranger skills. Maybe they though the pet was going to be better then it actually is?

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

All ranger shouts suck dongs. That’s why intelligent players don’t use them for the most part. Hint hint.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

My favourite example is how ranger deal with conditions. SoR is good for general use but against a condition build 1 per 10 seconds isnt going to help you. Our only other option is to transfer 3 condtions to our pet every 10 seconds which again, effectively ruins our pets usefulness. You’re forced to swap pets as often as you can just so they arent perma crippled along other things.

It is annoying how most of our boon-making goes to our pet, not us, and instead of shrugging off damage or conditions like other classes we just transfer then to our other half.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Healing Signet occupies the Heal slot. It isn’t a utility slot so it makes sense that it would heal for more… afterall, if a warrior runs it, that is their heal. There are no healing warrior utilities unless you go 30pts into tactics and run shouts or banners.

While Protect Me isn’t super fantastic, that 30 sec lower CD sure looks nice. No doubt that factors into the “balance” between the two.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Often you can’t really compare skills straight up like that though because they are just a part of a bigger picture and the sum is what needs to be somewhat balanced not each individual skill, there are cases where this doesn’t apply though like spirits vs banners for example there is no reason one of them should be so much more vulnerable while giving lesser buffs.

in Ranger

kitsuneKyo.6824

Often you can’t really compare skills straight up like that though because they are just a part of a bigger picture and the sum is what needs to be somewhat balanced not each individual skill, there are cases where this doesn’t apply though like spirits vs banners for example there is no reason one of them should be so much more vulnerable while giving lesser buffs.

exactly! especially the banners on my warrior give way better buffs and still are way more flexible and cant die.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Right, all warrior skills are better, but in 1v1 ranger wins anyway Maybe let’s compare our traps to warriors ones? Oh wait, he doesn’t have any! Hey, there is also 50% faster endu regen for free. Health regen? From some reason I see rangers with 600hp/s, not warriors.
Jest because some skills work in similiar ways, doesn’t mean they can be compared directly. Imagine if we got our spirits replaced with warriors signets, GS with his GS and were able to equip healing signet. Kinda OP, eh?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

If you count both the healing/ranger of there utility signet its 180ish, compared to warrior’s 200.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Protect me… 60s CD, 6s duration, can be traited to a 48s CD.

Endure Pain 90s CD, 4s duration, can be traited to activate at 25% health (can’t find the ICD).

If you tell me, it looks like Protect Me is a better option… Oh yeah, then we can also take SoS for ANOTHER 6s immunity, so tell me, how is this in a worse scenario?

PS: If you run a pig you can get Elixir of Heroes which is ANOTHER 6s invuln (the tooltip is wrong, surprised?), granted it’s RNG (33% chance) but still, that’s kittening 18s of invuln you can have in a fight, yet you’re saying warriors are better off…. do you even play?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Are rangers seriously comparing their skills to those of warrior? I lol’d.

in Ranger

kitsuneKyo.6824

Protect me… 60s CD, 6s duration, can be traited to a 48s CD.

Endure Pain 90s CD, 4s duration, can be traited to activate at 25% health (can’t find the ICD).

If you tell me, it looks like Protect Me is a better option… Oh yeah, then we can also take SoS for ANOTHER 6s immunity, so tell me, how is this in a worse scenario?

PS: If you run a pig you can get Elixir of Heroes which is ANOTHER 6s invuln (the tooltip is wrong, surprised?), granted it’s RNG (33% chance) but still, that’s kittening 18s of invuln you can have in a fight, yet you’re saying warriors are better off…. do you even play?

for that invuln you’d have to cripple your dmg output permanently. protect me just redirects the dmg to the pet (one of your main dmg sources), and to trait all that stuff you’d have to leave out the real usefull traits to deal significant damage.

and pig ability? most useless bs ever since the 90% “shinies” are totally underpowered and when trying to pick them up a warrior would burst the crap out of you while you are stuck in the “pickup animation”.

on the other hand a warrior would just spec full kitten CoF burstmode, switch in one utility. no need to switch any trait and hit like a truck while being invulnerable and not having to fear that he kills one of his damage sources (pet).

and thus I know we can not directly compare warrior utilities with ranger utilities you have to admit that for example the spirit buffs are WAY to kittenty to even consider using them. not even considering that every tiny aoe attack of any foe will instakill them. oh…and right. they cant be moved unless you waste a huge chunk of your traits on a badly designed tree.

yeay! ^__^

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Then you compare Warrior Traits to ranger ones and realize the warrior class is a complete joke.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Then you compare Warrior Traits to ranger ones and realize the warrior class is a complete joke.

Anyone who thinks Warriors have it better than Rangers needs to give their head a shake. Dungeons are likely the only place that Warriors > Rangers.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Warriors are supposed to play the offensive support role, while rangers are raw DPS. It’s not a surprise that warriors have better offensive support skills. That’s like warriors complaining that guardian hammers have better support abilities than theirs, or guardians complaining that mesmer phantasms are better than their spirit weapons. Every class has their own strengths, which is why warriors tend to be the only class that gets +10% damage traits on weapons, while pretty much every other class is +5%, but meanwhile guardians get a universal +15% crit chance boost to all 1H weapons.

Also keep in mind that banners and spirits aren’t mutually exclusive. You can and absolutely should be stacking all the banners and Frost Spirit, on top of guardian symbols and mesmer phantasms and whatever else your party can bring.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

So take signet of stone with 30 in marksmanship. 6 second of Invulnerability with no , and instead of killing your pet he’s protected as well

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

PI, SoS and Protect me do NOT equal invulnerability.

Running a condition build, there is nothing more funny than seeing a warrior use Endure Pain and then watch them still get kittened because it does nothing to block the conditions on them.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

PI, SoS and Protect me do NOT equal invulnerability.

Running a condition build, there is nothing more funny than seeing a warrior use Endure Pain and then watch them still get kittened because it does nothing to block the conditions on them.

It’s even better when you’re a mesmer who just threw 15 stacks of confusion on the stupid warrior who just popped endure pain and watch him kill himself as he tries to heal xD.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna