Putting our stealth into use

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Just creating this post to ask how you see stealth could be used effectively.

Since I am more of a dps-type person, I would use it to mess with my opponent in a battle OR as an escaping tool. There were times when I needed just 3 more seconds before my healing skills would come up. This is definitely going to save our lives a lot.

Beast Master usage. Cripple them using barrage, stack vulnerability on them, and disappear. Your pet can battle them alone. Now here is a curious question. “Whatever buff I get, my pet gets”. Does that include Stealth ? >=)

Trap and survival build (Shortbow longbow). Stack all condition on them, use stealth and throw traps around? Just a thought. Not my style but it’s definitely doable.

Feel free to share. Don’t have to if you have some epic ones. Show it off in battle >=) Good luck, Rangers.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Greatest utility, IMO, is the ability to stealth stomp reliably.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Fortifying bond doesn’t transfer Stealth or Stability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Only real value offensively is to use barrage more reliably or to have a crit on demand type attack. I’m really worried that even with these changes that the longbow and RANGEr aspect of the class still won’t be improved all that much.

In PvP the only thing that matters is burst and AE. Neither of which this class does well with at range.

in Ranger

Simon.3106

I understand, Atherakhia. I am aware that these updates alone are not going to let us be at par with others, but it is a positive step forward. Just improvise and we can get somewhere. Don’t overdo it before we hear “RANGER OP! NERF!” =b

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Crit on demand? Isn’t(wasn’t) that feature only for jaguars? Thieves have to get a grandmaster trait to guarantee a crit in stealth, And mesmer don’t have guaranteed crits in stealth. Besides safer barrages I a agree this change doesn’t really affect us offensively much

in Ranger

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

Remorseless + Opening strikes + 25 points in marksmen gives you 100% crit on opening strikes.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Simon.3106

It doesn’t affect us offensively is debatable. Like Racta says, Remorseless + Opening strike can help us a lot. Not to mention, vulnerability per opening strike.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here are some great ways to utilize the stealth:
Stealth → Stomp (as mentioned above)
Stealth → Start Barrage cast (mentioned by Jon Peters)
Stealth → Attack frequently when specced for Remorseless (as mentioned above)
Stealth → Rez ally
Stealth → Commune with place of power for skill point
Stealth → Drop aggro onto pet
Stealth → Kill time until you can rez pet while solo fighting tough mobs
Stealth → Stand around and heal from any regen ticks you have up
Stealth → Cast rez without worry of being interrupted
Stealth → Run away like Sir Robin
Stealth → Get in range to cast Entangle without interruption

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

It does affect us offensively because we can be more survivable with the stealth on glass cannons. That’s the reason why gc thieves were whined about so much. They can go all out attack, but still have a godmode out in the form of stealth.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Simon.3106

I think it was mainly the fact that they can “burst” dozens of combo in less than 2 seconds, and Backstab does lots of damage. The stealth, atm, is all about survival and putting on another stack of vuln on our target (open strike). Survival is good thing for glass canon, like you said. =b

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon