PvE Ranger: So How Are They Now?

in Ranger

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Just as the title asks. How are Rangers with the new tweaks? Used to be a mob just looks at my pet and it dies. And dmg was subpar making Ranger the joke of a class (which might have a bit to do with bots too, not sure).

Is Ranger considered the “scrub” class? Can they actually put out damage now? I really don’t care about WvW/PvP. I just want to know what people think of the new changes to Ranger in PvE.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Just as the title asks. How are Rangers with the new tweaks? Used to be a mob just looks at my pet and it dies. And dmg was subpar making Ranger the joke of a class (which might have a bit to do with bots too, not sure).

Is Ranger considered the “scrub” class? Can they actually put out damage now? I really don’t care about WvW/PvP. I just want to know what people think of the new changes to Ranger in PvE.

Ranger is a class that’s a part of speed dungs, if you know what are you doing. \we are even better than before the update, with spoter and frost spirit, plus a 15% damage buff only from a passive trait. We can outdps many classes at the moment.

With Sword/x and LB on 6/5/0/3 traits, rangers are top PvE class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Ranger is a class that’s a part of speed dungs, if you know what are you doing. \we are even better than before the update, with spoter and frost spirit, plus a 15% damage buff only from a passive trait. We can outdps many classes at the moment.

Do you mean 6/5/0/0/3?
What do you use for condition removal in your build?

in Ranger

Posted by: TheAvocadoKing.6953

TheAvocadoKing.6953

Do you mean 6/5/0/0/3?

6/5/0/3/0. Condi removal usually isn’t considered, but in a worst case scenario either healing spring or signet or renewal should work (do try to avoid the signet if at all possible though)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Have DNT done any updated numbers yet? Would be good to see where rangers are in the overall rankings now.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Have DNT done any updated numbers yet? Would be good to see where rangers are in the overall rankings now.

Yup. According to them we’re number 4. Although spotter and FS make us more valuable than just #4.

Thief
Ele
Engineer
Ranger
Warrior
Guardian
Mesmer
Necro

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

Wow above war and guard. Have you got a link fluffball?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

Ty awesome news

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

So much for the boring sword build. Im actualy very interested into the potential of axe main hand right now.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Ranger

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Do you mean 6/5/0/0/3?

6/5/0/3/0

Healing spring for condi removal. With other classes removing your conditions also, you don’t have a problem in groups.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ranger was always viable in PvE. They now have a solid reputation in speedclear dungeon groups as well.

If you choose the tankier pets (bears, drakes, devourers), they can also sustain a lot of punishment. Bears in particular, although I personally prefer Drakes for their cleave attacks and blast finisher tail attack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Ranger is great in PVE, you can adapt in everything.

Full zerker ranged and melee dps.
Full support.
Support pets, dps pets, tank pets.
Tanky Melee dps-support meta.

Anyone calls ranger “scrub” class, They are ignorant or never met decent ranger.

in Ranger

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Ranger was always viable in PvE. They now have a solid reputation in speedclear dungeon groups as well.

If you choose the tankier pets (bears, drakes, devourers), they can also sustain a lot of punishment. Bears in particular, although I personally prefer Drakes for their cleave attacks and blast finisher tail attack.

If you chose tankier pets, it’s most likely you’ll get the boot.

Maybe drake for AoE in trash, and that’s it. 2/2 cats in boss fights or you’re nerfing yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For speedruns, maybe. But I run with PUGs for dungeons and Fractals all the time and I’ve never been kicked or told to change pets. (Drake + Devourer for everything.) Once they see I have Frost Spirit and Spotter it seems they don’t care what else I’m using.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

There is still some ignorance leading judgement against Rangers in dungeons.
The Ranger is indeed in good shape and with a spec like the one suggested by the DnT crowd (linked above), I think you will have no problem whatsoever, even in PUG groups.
If any group kicks you with that build, then you are better off without them:-)

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Ranger

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Ranger is great in PVE, you can adapt in everything.

Full zerker ranged and melee dps.
Full support.
Support pets, dps pets, tank pets.
Tanky Melee dps-support meta.

Anyone calls ranger “scrub” class, They are ignorant or never met decent ranger.

Unfortunately the latter. All those buffs don’t change the fact that average ranger spams his skills as soon as they off cd.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr