PvE Short Bow Build?

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

Hi, what would be the best build simply for world exploring (no dungeons, raids or HoT content)? Pet, runes, traits?

Thanks in advance!

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Do you want the best build, or a short bow build? And do you want the best possible SB build? Because literally anything will work for exploring open world core Tyria, so take what you find fun.

Best possible core-game SB build is probably full sinister gear with axe/torch. Check out this build for an idea, and ditch the spirits for solo play.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_A/T_Condition

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

Do you want the best build, or a short bow build? And do you want the best possible SB build? Because literally anything will work for exploring open world core Tyria, so take what you find fun.

Best possible core-game SB build is probably full sinister gear with axe/torch. Check out this build for an idea, and ditch the spirits for solo play.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_A/T_Condition

Sorry, should’ve specified, best possible SB in terms of damage. I’m not new by any means, just to Ranger, so I just want to speed up the killing process. I really want to use either SB or LB, but LB seems a tad too slow for open world.

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ok, definetly full sinister then, similar traits to the metabattle. Cats are the best PvE DPS.

Unfortunately SB is our crappiest weapon, but it’s more than adequate for open world. If you have quickdraw, bonfire is your best source of damage, and you can shoot projectiles through it for more burning. I’d take flame trap and signet of the hunt in place of the spirits.

BTW, full zerk LB + GS is very quick for open world. GS helps with movement, and rapid fire plus maul will melt even vets to the point you never even stop running forward.

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Psst. Fluffball.
Bristle has the highest DPS. Not cats.

And I wouldn’t bet my right hand but definitely a few fingers that Viper will bring the DPS higher than Sinister. Naturally, both are fine. Since OP decided he doesn’t care about pure results, Sinister is not that behind in DPS. It will do.

Here, eXeD, this might be of interest to you. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/PvE-WvW-Bleed-druid

“Observe, learn and counter.”

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I assumed he didn’t have HoT, although maybe he owns it and just doesn’t want to play it.

PvE Short Bow Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I assumed he didn’t have HoT, although maybe he owns it and just doesn’t want to play it.

Oh, well… Yea, might be the case. My bad

“Observe, learn and counter.”