PvE build request

PvE build request

in Ranger

Posted by: iSammyJ.2037

iSammyJ.2037

Can anyone direct me to the general setup of a build that lets me be effective in dungeons and possible not drop dead on my kitten whenever something looks at me (this is more fractals and Orr than general dungeons but still)
Ive been running 30/30 Zerker SB/GS and i feel…lacking
Besides the fact that when anything decides im dying im dead dodge or not
I dont feel like i put out alot of damage to actually contribute

Been looking at the BM builds posted on the forums, seem to be aimed towards WvWvW, so yeah….need some help

PvE build request

in Ranger

Posted by: kozeljko.8201

kozeljko.8201

Try using your Bear for tanking and go zerker yourself, worked for me since launch. 30/30/5/0/5 is quite popular. Also maybe try out the LB instead of the SB. AoE attack and a push back, with some nice dmg.

PvE build request

in Ranger

Posted by: iSammyJ.2037

iSammyJ.2037

Try using your Bear for tanking and go zerker yourself, worked for me since launch. 30/30/5/0/5 is quite popular. Also maybe try out the LB instead of the SB. AoE attack and a push back, with some nice dmg.

up till 3 days ago i was useing LB….doesnt offer enough damage in dungeons….rapid fire speed = shortbow normal speed
also i am useing zerker…pets are 1 hit in dungeons (as am i lol) so i generally use devourer occasionally jaguar if i can risk a melee pet

PvE build request

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Here’s what I do:

Healing / Support build for groups with many DPS players that may down due to beig glass cannon:

Clerics armor with rune of mercy; berserker trinkets for high dps, magi for more healing power

30 (signet of beastmaster / signe mastery / 10% dmg trait)
10 (30% crit dmg pet)
10 (vigorous renewal)
20 (regen 33% dration / +35% spirit proc chance)

River Drake / Red Moa

Greatsword / Axe / Warhorn or Axe offhand depending on situation and be careful of ace ricochet when that is not desired

Healig Spring / Frost spirt / stone spirit / signet of renewal or signet of stone (situational) / spirit of nature

For groups with existing support but in need of DPS, I typically go something like

30 (signet of beastmaster)

With berserker gear and rune of the ranger. The same weapon theory basically applies.

Stalker / River Drake

Heal as One or Troll Unguent or HS depending on situation

QZ / LR / Signet of Stone

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”