PvP Build discussion: 'The Burn Druid'

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Hi all fellow Rangers,

I like to try different builds in PvP, so I made this Burn Druid build recently for PvP. Most Druids seem to use Signet of Stone and Signet of Renewal these days, in combination with the standard (meta) Druid build from last season. Signet of Renewal is an important condi cleanse, but has as disadvantage that your pet dies easily. As we know, the pet was the main source of damage in this build. Therefore I have been trying to figure out a new build with a bit more damage posibilities, and came up with this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8fnUqAFsitrAWsCctglOB7pFEqOcO/tAQhDelOT3plox0A-TphAQBA4gA4hjAgELDAj9HGxDAYDXAAA

It felt quite good during the matches I tested it. Large teamfights can be a problem, but in the smaller fights it seems strong. You can 1v1 every class with this. I am not going to elaborate on every piece and bits of the build, but it would be nice if you guys try it out as well so you can post your findings here.

Condi cleanse can be somewhat of a problem in the build, so I keep testing further with for example Wilderness Survival;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8fjEqQHL2uCmsAXLW4EsnXwoKxB3Svp90mhVlKAUwjG-TphAQBb4CA4hjAgELDAj9HAwBBYEPAAA

I have also tested the Axe instead of Sword, mainly to get a projectile finisher, but I didn’t feel it was really worth it.

You can PM me in-game anytime. Cheers.

Eleanorrrrr

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Try fire wyvern if you wanted more burn damage.

Bad Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

My question is …
… Why hound over Wolf? To proc taunt on CD? Is it worth the trade for the chain-CC?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

i’ve been playing burn druid as well, this is what ive been running

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW3fnUqA1CitrAWsActglZB7JAUn+Ww/zE6D1JqNnyalMtzA-TZhAQBA4gAIxyAeZ/BpdBAGxDAAA

basic game play is use bleeds and burns for pressure and you pet is for spike damage

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Thanks Eggyokeo, I was hoping someone would go for Forge rune.
It has amazing synergy with our PvP setup, especially for this game-play. I was a great fan of it myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Try fire wyvern if you wanted more burn damage.

I tried the wyvern at first. It creates a fire combo field, but this build does not have projectile finishers to make good use of that. The CC of the hound with lower cooldown is better I feel.

Tragic Positive

My question is …
… Why hound over Wolf? To proc taunt on CD? Is it worth the trade for the chain-CC?

Yeah the cooldown is lower. But also the fire trap + Bonfire will be your main source of damage. You want to keep the enemy in those fields (Fear will put them out of it). Therefore Immobilize on a shorter cooldown than the Fear of the wolf is more worth it in my opinion. Also the stability spam of warriors/engi’s puts the wolf in kinda bad position.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive

My question is …

Yeah the cooldown is lower. But also the fire trap + Bonfire will be your main source of damage. You want to keep the enemy in those fields (Fear will put them out of it). Therefore Immobilize on a shorter cooldown than the Fear of the wolf is more worth it in my opinion. Also the stability spam of warriors/engi’s puts the wolf in kinda bad position.

Yea, now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense. It forces people to use their cooldowns regardless.
I can still imagine you suffer when a 20sec Resistance Berserker comes to join your party but that’s just methinks.
Thanks for sharing the build. Looks like having a potential.