[PvP] Hybrid build?

[PvP] Hybrid build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Is it possible to make a successful hybrid build for tPvP?
I currently play this but I find that I almost never use the shortbow because of the positioning requirement for the bleed.
And when I depend on a sigil for bleed on crit I can stay with the axe which gives me might.
Sword/dagger & axe/? would be an option, but sword does no condition damage with auto-attack, therefore I look for a hybrid build.

[PvP] Hybrid build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I think yes. That meta build is solid. If you are looking to make it more of a hybrid, just swap in LB for SB, use sharpening stone, keen edge, earth sigil and blood sigil, or doom. It sounds funny because LB is more of a power weapon (has no condition component built in) but it works…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

[PvP] Hybrid build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Isn’t longbow too slow?
Which amulet you suggest?

[PvP] Hybrid build?

in Ranger

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

but I find that I almost never use the shortbow because of the positioning requirement for the bleed.

Sharpened Edges still applies bleeding regardless of positioning, damage shouldn’t be a problem.

[PvP] Hybrid build?

in Ranger

Posted by: tyinkz.7813

tyinkz.7813

well i tried this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjEq0waLLesQ1aADhqXLwNAGA3x7Lc1Fs6A-TZBFwACuAANOIAKOCAAeAAXLDAA for some time it is okay i think but idk if it will be good for tpvp only treid it in 1v1 servers (runes shouldbe ""mad king" couldnt find em )