PvP Ranger Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

PvP Ranger Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Will work well on thieves and most mesmers but may have difficulty with other classes. Sigil of intelligence on GS and signet mastery trait might make this build a little stronger.

Also, have a look at using Valkyrie or cavalier amulets. The extra toughness will come in handy. Skill 5 on both weapons can be devastating with MoC. Your condition removal is a little low…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

PvP Ranger Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Shortbow is a condi weapon, don’t try to shoehorn it into a power build. I1d change everything from traits to sigils.

If you’re willing to give up on that build I’d recommend
GS/Longbow for power and Condi Survival for condi/shortbow.

PvP Ranger Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Shortbow is a condi weapon, don’t try to shoehorn it into a power build. I1d change everything from traits to sigils.

Erm, I think meta battle has GS/Longbow rated way to high. I would put that at 2.5/5 for conquest. It has no armor or condition removal, which makes you a walking rally bot.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

PvP Ranger Build?

in Ranger

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Erm, I think meta battle has GS/Longbow rated way to high. I would put that at 2.5/5 for conquest. It has no armor or condition removal, which makes you a walking rally bot.

Not like shatter mesmer has any condi removal Plus if you acually take a look at the build’s page you can go with the survival version, which gives you decent condition removal.

It’s under the meta section because it’s what most rangers run atm, even if there are better options. Most people however underestimate power rangers and I can completely understand that, because it’s the spec that most bad players pick up these days and pew pew 1.5k range away from the fight with no clue about PvP – and because of that many associate power rangers with bad players. But that should not diminish what a power ranger can do in the right hands – it has decent damage, multiple CC options, a block, access to steath, stability, etc.

While it’s still not a thing on the very highest levels of teamque/tournaments, it’s not nearly as bad as you think it is.