PvP builds

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Gildos.8460

Gildos.8460

So I feel like condi ranger may have lost too much survivability, as its lost a lot of hp and has about half the condi cleanse it once did. I’ve switched to playing ranger using this build http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jo-g;1sE-u-d2cDV-0;9k1E;1YZb;0257136247;4LBl6I;1Z;55K

What are you all running in pvp?

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

Currently a Trap/Survival hybrid, snake and spike trap are REALLY good.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Gildos.8460

Have been playing some condi but dont like the lessened survivability from before, as it was my main build. I feel what I linked above will become my main.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Currently?

I told myself I won’t run anything PvP for a while.
7K per second of condi damage where Direct Damage is pointless and has a single role of Structure-destroying is too strange for me. No diversity, no strategy – just spam as much AoE burning as you can – is the key. Even if you die – a couple of people will die with you.

Once a target goes down there’s no reviving him. And condi bombing a downed target is much more powerful than trying to stomp. By stomping you make yourself vulnerable to yet another 7K per second condis – meaning that you will go down with him.

And yes – the once so powerful condi cleanse we had is long gone. But Brown bear is becoming meta, strangely enough – from useless to priceless.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

I tried to run a similar build with crusader’s ammy. Went into Nature Magic instead of Skirmishing though, which lowered the damage quite a bit but the survivability was pretty great.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Gildos.8460

I tried to run a similar build with crusader’s ammy. Went into Nature Magic instead of Skirmishing though, which lowered the damage quite a bit but the survivability was pretty great.

Was considering that but preferred the higher damage, still deciding between berserker and marauder though.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Tell me how terrible/niche this survival build is. Messing around against golems/creatures in HotM I felt like I was doing a pretty good job- things died quickly and I didn’t take much damage at all. The real test will be against actual players, but I am horrible at theorycrafting, so I have no idea of this would be viable beyond ideal testing situations.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Tell me how terrible/niche this survival build is. Messing around against golems/creatures in HotM I felt like I was doing a pretty good job- things died quickly and I didn’t take much damage at all. The real test will be against actual players, but I am horrible at theorycrafting, so I have no idea of this would be viable beyond ideal testing situations.

one thing to defo change would be:

you got enough condi clear with everything being survival so i’;d ether swap Evasive purity for Windborne notes as your using Clarion bonds you’ll be the well needed regen with that Cele Amulet.

the second is of preferance or choice Go with Allied Aid with the healing power and resing downed targets you can Start to res and the pet will Carry on resing for you , even though your not resing yourself , so you can trigger the res cancel yourself and Proceed to Maul/attack your assailants while resing someone.

7% from a Cele healing stat won’t be missed if you change Instintive reactions though the quickness is Tempting your damage is two skills and rest doesn’t really need a quickness boost, and waiting till at 50% hp can be hard to time you’ll have to find out your Hp threash hold then manage it for a Quickness>Rf+wolf fear>wolf Leap combo, though you’ll have to swap pets before you hit the thresh hold to give the pet quickness for that Kd combo , if not its Straight up dps increase for those 3secs.

its better than Allied Aid but much harder to use effectively.

third
would be Keep Oakheart as with Windborne notes and Clarion bonds you’ll have a lot of regen up time keeping that 5% damage reduction+ bark skin and Protection vs opening attacks, it’ll allow you to sustain your hp much more easly while actively swapping pets.

forth :

might be a choice to swap the Red MoA for a different pet you have more than enough personal Fury and could be changed for
Spider
Lynx
Pink MoA since you have moment of clarity , time it right to get a Quickness Daze.)
Furn wolf(allies regen+ yourself)
Blue MoA (get some protection up time so you don’t have to dodge)
Drakehound (for a second KD and immo)

hope this helps

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

one thing to defo change would be:

you got enough condi clear with everything being survival so i’;d ether swap Evasive purity for Windborne notes as your using Clarion bonds you’ll be the well needed regen with that Cele Amulet.

the second is of preferance or choice Go with Allied Aid with the healing power and resing downed targets you can Start to res and the pet will Carry on resing for you , even though your not resing yourself , so you can trigger the res cancel yourself and Proceed to Maul/attack your assailants while resing someone.

7% from a Cele healing stat won’t be missed if you change Instintive reactions though the quickness is Tempting your damage is two skills and rest doesn’t really need a quickness boost, and waiting till at 50% hp can be hard to time you’ll have to find out your Hp threash hold then manage it for a Quickness>Rf+wolf fear>wolf Leap combo, though you’ll have to swap pets before you hit the thresh hold to give the pet quickness for that Kd combo , if not its Straight up dps increase for those 3secs.

its better than Allied Aid but much harder to use effectively.

third
would be Keep Oakheart as with Windborne notes and Clarion bonds you’ll have a lot of regen up time keeping that 5% damage reduction+ bark skin and Protection vs opening attacks, it’ll allow you to sustain your hp much more easly while actively swapping pets.

forth :

might be a choice to swap the Red MoA for a different pet you have more than enough personal Fury and could be changed for
Spider
Lynx
Pink MoA since you have moment of clarity , time it right to get a Quickness Daze.)
Furn wolf(allies regen+ yourself)
Blue MoA (get some protection up time so you don’t have to dodge)
Drakehound (for a second KD and immo)

hope this helps

Definitely helpful- you caught a lot of redundancies that I would have never even considered. Thank you!

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Eloid.4569

Eloid.4569

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Someone try this for me, since I cannot play and let me know how it goes! Please!? hehe
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VKF7g;1sEFu-g2cDV-0;9-6E;1Y_b;0237156247;4XkW7R;1nBnBnBnBb0K

Just swap the runes to Altruism instead of Dwayna, the calculator doesn’t have those.

PvP builds

in Ranger

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

Incredible trap tank build……WAY to op won 5 games in a row and took on a 4v2 today for extended periods of time.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J73Fk;0wE-v-v2ZEF-0;9k1E;1Z_a;0256136237;48-17E;1R;59o