PvP theorycraft Cele Druid Bruiser

in Ranger

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

Hey guys,

As a mainly pvp player I thought I would share my idea for the backbone of a druid pvp build that’s not a healer. Obviously everything we know is very provisional but it seems to me that we have the option for a build similar to the current cele necro and cele ele in playstyle and efficiency.

The playstyle would be similar to that of cele ele, using the staff and general ranger mobility for the ability to get out of fights resetting with cele form and re-entering the fight. For damage the new might stacking with WHAO would bring us up to par, with both condi and power variations being plausible.

For weapons staff would be mandatory I think based on current idea of celestial form charging, this weapon also provides great CC, mobility and not bad damage. The damage of this build would initially seem lackluster however with the changes to We Heal As One the might stacking potential is great. As for the second weapon set I am currently unsure, waiting to see the changes on Tuesday. However we do have some great options, with Longbow if you wanted double range and rapid fire/barrage if you wanted the BM trait of crits giving pets might. Mh Axe would also be a viable option for might stacking and condi pressure. I am also hopeful for some kind of fix for MH sort on Tuesday buy hey, who knows.

In regards to traits I think Druid and Beastmastery would be fundamental to the build.

I have literally written/come up with this now on the train and it’s just an idea. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

I was thinking something similar, although more condition-oriented than hybrid. Unfortunately, the stat combo I was considering (Shaman’s) is not available in PvP, so I might try Settler’s instead. My general idea was to run a build similar to the current PvP condition damage ranger, but substitute shortbow and beastmastery for staff and druid. I considered using Celestial as well, just because of the nice combination of power/healing/vitality/toughness/conditions, although I’m worried that build might be spreading the stats a bit too thin. Where did you say the might would come from on this build? SotP and Companion’s Might I’m assuming?

It’s definitely interesting, and I think Druid will see a whole lot of use in PvP/WvW, simply because of the massive survivability it gives to an already resilient class. It’ll be a lot of fun to try out next weekend

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

(edited by Maximum Potato.5923)

in Ranger

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

There is a thread on here or reddit that goes over the new might potential. But WHaO offers great potential.

Companions might is one option. As are axes (maybe even Sword AA and Warhorn), strength runes/sigils, the fire field on new pet with staffsWH blast finisher. It will be important to see how all this works with fortifying bond in NM.

Massively depends on what else gets reworked on Tuesday though.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |