Quantify says power druid not recommended

in Ranger

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

So i saw the quantify build for power druid and it says that dps is still lower than condi Druids even after the nerfs, is that true?

I thought power druid builds were viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I use a power druid hybrid for my primary build in all aspects of the game. I’ve found it to be extremely effective, fun, and provides a great deal of survival as well.

Take a look at the video below from Princess Cay. She’s pretty much been my inspiration in building my power druid.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Viable means able to be successful, so it is. It is, however, not the most efficient build to play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

In instances (raids, fractals), yes, Condi Ranger is better. In all other modes, Power Ranger is better.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So i saw the quantify build for power druid and it says that dps is still lower than condi Druids even after the nerfs, is that true?

Condi is more damage due to condis ticking while you’re in the avatar state and thus can’t deal any damage, where a power Druid would go into the avatar state and lose all damage but what their pet is dealing.

That being said, power is still viable, it just won’t bring as much damage, but if you’re a Druid your damage is gonna suck compared to anything else anyway so it’s really irrelevant you’re bringing less damage. Your goal is to heal and buff, the damage is just the bonus.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Condi is more damage due to condis ticking while you’re in the avatar state and thus can’t deal any damage, where a power Druid would go into the avatar state and lose all damage but what their pet is dealing.

That being said, power is still viable, it just won’t bring as much damage, but if you’re a Druid your damage is gonna suck compared to anything else anyway so it’s really irrelevant you’re bringing less damage. Your goal is to heal and buff, the damage is just the bonus.

So druids are pure healers? What kind of gear do i want for healer? i was told by guildy i want magi gear.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So druids are pure healers? What kind of gear do i want for healer? i was told by guildy i want magi gear.

Magi if you want maximum healing, otherwise you can spec into condi and have more damage. Magi is literally the lowest damage set you can have. I think Seraph has some serious potential for Druids and am playing around with builds atm for it. It’ll only have 900 healing power compared to 1500, but you over-heal a lot with 1500. It’ll have +62% outgoing healing though and lots of buffs for the party. I have Zealots gear that I use now and it’ll definitely out DPS that.

Maybe something along these lines I’ll make armor to try this out at some point, but I think it’s a pretty good compromise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The new stat set I saw last weekend from the preview is Power/Healing Power for the high stat and Precision/Concentration for the low. That could be a really decent stat combo for druid.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Ranger

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

The personal dps loss when you enter avatar is the same on condi as it is on power if you only use healing skills (100%). If you use CA5 the dps loss on condi is actually higher than the dps loss on power.
The damage that is ticking is the delayed damage from the attacks that you have hit before (on power the damage would have already been done). People keep coming up with this flawed logic that conditions deal damage while you do something else but you are not adding damage but instead you are waiting for your previously added damage to be applied:
Power attack that deals 5k damage: You hit it and the damage is done, you then enther CA for 10 seconds – 5k total damage done
Condition attack that deals 10*500, You hit and then enter CA for 10 seconds, after those 10 seconds you have done the exact same damage: 5k.
That said, condi druid still deals higher dps because power damage on ranger is lacking due to bad weapon skills and few damage modifiers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The new stat set I saw last weekend from the preview is Power/Healing Power for the high stat and Precision/Concentration for the low. That could be a really decent stat combo for druid.

Oh wow, so we can be absolute glass healers now too…. now if only they would give me menders

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

The personal dps loss when you enter avatar is the same on condi as it is on power if you only use healing skills (100%). If you use CA5 the dps loss on condi is actually higher than the dps loss on power.
The damage that is ticking is the delayed damage from the attacks that you have hit before (on power the damage would have already been done). People keep coming up with this flawed logic that conditions deal damage while you do something else but you are not adding damage but instead you are waiting for your previously added damage to be applied:
Power attack that deals 5k damage: You hit it and the damage is done, you then enther CA for 10 seconds – 5k total damage done
Condition attack that deals 10*500, You hit and then enter CA for 10 seconds, after those 10 seconds you have done the exact same damage: 5k.
That said, condi druid still deals higher dps because power damage on ranger is lacking due to bad weapon skills and few damage modifiers.

Agree with your logic but it’s not a perfect representation. Axe auto on a condi build is filler that does really poor damage. It’s easy to replace a few axe autoattacks with CA4/2. For power builds, while certain skills are more bursty than others and worthy of quickdraw, the auto attacks are still a significant portion of damage.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Oh wow, so we can be absolute glass healers now too…. now if only they would give me menders

I’d murder for Vipers that had the Power swapped for Healing Power, so Healing Power/Condition Damage with Precision/Expertise.