Question about Protect Me

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Q:

Can the taunt cause an interrupt? Can it proc on-interrupt sigils/runes?

What about Beastly Warden? Can that proc sigils/runes as well?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

A:

Anything that says interrupt only is YOU interrupting, and technically beastly warden and protect me is your pet interrupting, not you, so it wont trigger anything that requires YOU to interrupt the target (like every sigil and rune).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Anything that says interrupt only is YOU interrupting, and technically beastly warden and protect me is your pet interrupting, not you, so it wont trigger anything that requires YOU to interrupt the target (like every sigil and rune).

Cheers. So the taunt from Protect Me is from the pet? But I think the taunt duration is affected by your condition duration, so shouldn’t it be from you instead?

EDIT: Yea both Protect Me and Beastly Warden are affected by condition duration from the ranger and not the pet… unless the tooltip is wrong.

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Cheers. So the taunt from Protect Me is from the pet? But I think the taunt duration is affected by your condition duration, so shouldn’t it be from you instead?

EDIT: Yea both Protect Me and Beastly Warden are affected by condition duration from the ranger and not the pet… unless the tooltip is wrong.

I have not done enough testing on protect me to know if it’s actually based on you or not, but it’s wording is the same as multiple other skills that make our pet perform the action and not us, so i’m assuming it’s the pet.

Also, our tooltips have been doing calculations based on our stats for our pets since launch, it’s annoying, but not new.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Since launch it shows our condition durations on our pet skills but it doesn’t work like this. it only takes the pets very own condition duration/damage.