Question for the actively raiding Druids

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

what gear combinations are you running? did you break the bank and go for zealots or a magi/cleric mix? what foods and oils are you using? monk runes for the 10% or something else?

biggest question, are you using exotic gear or ascended and how useful does it feel outside of raids?

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

So far this is my current build. Eagerly waiting to see those healer rings drop for me on a kill so I can slot in the exotic for their ascended counterpart.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Prophet.1584

So far this is my current build. Eagerly waiting to see those healer rings drop for me on a kill so I can slot in the exotic for their ascended counterpart.

thanks! that looks pretty interesting, you have a decent amount of power, healing and crit chance.

most of the builds i’ve looked over either sacrifice everything for healing which is ok but useless outside of raids or sacrifice healing for dps which seems like a mistake to me.

in Ranger

Prophet.1584

what kind of tank do you run with in your group? I pugged with a mesmer tank using cleric trinkets and I kept pulling aggro because he only had 1400 or so toughness.

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

what kind of tank do you run with in your group? I pugged with a mesmer tank using cleric trinkets and I kept pulling aggro because he only had 1400 or so toughness.

The group I run with either alternates from a Knight’s/Berserker Dragon Hunter or a Chrono tank. Not sure what the Chrono in my group runs, but I’ve made sure that my toughness won’t mess with agro with both.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

I usually run just a zealot’s staff, the only problems I find on healing is because players expect the druid to heal them all when half the raid is scattered all around, the offensive buffs are insane, a friend that runs daredevil was frustrated because he could just hit 34k vaults, with the GotL,Glyph, Spotter, 25 vuln, 25 might, banners and food he achieved 43k vaults. I feel that if I ever need more healing then Ill just run zealot shoulders and gloves, IMO healing shouldn’t be a problem in raids given that the group is coordinated and know the fight mechanics, most of the problems people have in raids are that they don’t use cc fast enough on break bars and mechanics are played wrong or way too slow.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsXWn0rCtqgFsC2sCEtil9ADOueX3rL3uAwojZgFwGBp8swMVE-TxRBABWcKAua/R53paCwTPAAPBAKV/xMlgkCwv9WA-e

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

For progression I used a zero DPS Magi/Cleric mix with monk runes. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNBmYD7keVomVsZFwVFgoVsYIYwb1waZ1p1F76BMBg1VDokn9A-TxxGABAcBAwTJoiq/M0+DLp8j8nAAb6AIFgfjBA-e

For farming, i’ve been experimenting with a zealot build more, but I prefer the cleric/magi build more: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNBmYD7keVomVsZFwVFgoFsYIYwb1waZ1p1F76BMBg1VDokn9A-TBSBABZt/gZKBPV3Qqq/wq5HVV+p/FBAgnAApA8bMA-e

The first set is obviously useless outside of raids and I don’t use it there. The 2nd set is fine for open world but I can’t use it in high level fractals

in Ranger

Prophet.1584

For progression I used a zero DPS Magi/Cleric mix with monk runes. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNBmYD7keVomVsZFwVFgoVsYIYwb1waZ1p1F76BMBg1VDokn9A-TxxGABAcBAwTJoiq/M0+DLp8j8nAAb6AIFgfjBA-e

For farming, i’ve been experimenting with a zealot build more, but I prefer the cleric/magi build more: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNBmYD7keVomVsZFwVFgoFsYIYwb1waZ1p1F76BMBg1VDokn9A-TBSBABZt/gZKBPV3Qqq/wq5HVV+p/FBAgnAApA8bMA-e

The first set is obviously useless outside of raids and I don’t use it there. The 2nd set is fine for open world but I can’t use it in high level fractals

That’s the issue i’m having. I moved my ascended set to my engi because i could use 1 set for fractals and raids. I can’t seem to find the same balance with druid, I was hoping someone had.

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

There won’t be one set that’s optimal for both fractals and raids, you’ll need to get a separate set or just play healer in fractals, or zerker druid in raids.

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

You really don’t need to break the bank for raids.

I’m running zerk armor and clerics trinkets with the exception of a zerk backpiece. Zerk longbow, Zealots staff. Drop the clerics trinkets for more zerk, or celestial if you’re interfering with your tank. Food is riceballs and furious tuning crystals.

Everything is ascended except for my gloves which I still need to work on. Works fine for raids, got VG on farm and still banging skulls against Gorseval.

It’s a fine budget build. Didn’t have to do anything except buy clerics trinkets and transmute a staff for zealots. I didn’t even swap out runes, I’m still using cheap ranger runes.

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

You really don’t need to break the bank for raids

Going to have to strongly disagree with this one. Raiding is hard, and it’s not for everyone. It is difficult enough to warrant having separate full ascended gear and builds for that you wouldn’t normally use. Food for dps builds can also add up as the best foods in the game are expensive, especially when you are still progressing on the raid. Raids do require extreme flexibility in what each player can play, and players with more gold and multiple ascended geared characters have a big advantage over other players. Raiding is the one place in PvE to not be cheap and every little bit helps. If you are serious about raiding, you need to be willing to spend the gold, otherwise you will be struggling to kill bosses after Vale Guardian.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

You really don’t need to break the bank for raids

Going to have to strongly disagree with this one. Raiding is hard, and it’s not for everyone. It is difficult enough to warrant having separate full ascended gear and builds for that you wouldn’t normally use. Food for dps builds can also add up as the best foods in the game are expensive, especially when you are still progressing on the raid. Raids do require extreme flexibility in what each player can play, and players with more gold and multiple ascended geared characters have a big advantage over other players. Raiding is the one place in PvE to not be cheap and every little bit helps. If you are serious about raiding, you need to be willing to spend the gold, otherwise you will be struggling to kill bosses after Vale Guardian.

I was referring to his quote about breaking the bank specifically for zealots. You don’t need full ascended zealots for raids, zerk works fine and most people should have their rangers in zerk already. And compared to other classes, gearing up a druid is positively cheap. Just crafting the ascended armor is already cheaper than any light armor due to leather prices. Food in the forms of riceballs are pretty cheap. The tuning crystals are pricey because you need to level up artificer to 450, but luckily I already had one there. Even the runes you buy are ridiculously cheap compared to the 12G strength runes other classes need.

Since a heal druid is perfectly viable for all the later bosses, one really doesn’t need to break the bank to craft alternate sets of armor.

Maybe eventually when they release more raids, he might need an alternate set of gear for vipers/sinisters, but that’s later.

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

Hmm, didn’t know you meant specifically Zealots, but I was referring in general not just speciffic to healer Druids

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

I went from a fully ascended sinister set prior to HOT to a fully ascended cleric set after HOT…

This is what I run now… the almost constant bursting of the seeds when using a glyph means I very rarely have to go into Celestial Form…as long as my party members are in the radius of the burst.

The fern hound adds extra regen…the blue moa provides a damage reduction…you cant buy the furious tuning crystals but I have an alt that makes them…just kind of expensive to make.

I didn’t sacrifice everything for healing…but darn near a lot, but really love playing this build.

How it feels outside of raids… Heal all the things!! (But honestly…very little damage when running all alone)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmOD7keVomVskVwgVgoVsgJYw30e6Q1Jx14qZNLrBQAoi3eA-TBSDABOcRAMUJYWK/0T3wlq/gxRAAgHAgK7PEAABYjbMNWjBjckjckjckNyROyROyRWKgv1bB-e

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)