Questions about Rangers.

Questions about Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tzar.3514

Tzar.3514

Hi guys, just purchased GW2 and am currently downloading the client.

I have decided to play a ranger as my 1st toon.

Just a few questions. Do rangers excel at PvE and WvW? What builds are viable for each?
I’ve read about the rangers using longbows and sniping enemies. I think that is pretty cool. Are Ranger’s squishy? Or can they be tanky and still be able to deal massive damage? Gear wise would 1 set of gear do for PVP,PVE and WvW? Or is it possible for me to fine tune gear sets for each of the modes?

Thank you in advance. Any links about gear, gameplay and skill usage would be greatly appreciated. I am new so would understand if you guys get ticked off if these questions have already been answered.

Regards,
Tzar.

Questions about Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Griften

Questions about Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Rangers aren’t exactly the top-tier class in Guild Wars, but they still fill a unique niche as a high damage support class. For PvE, berserker stats are good (Power, Precision, Crit Damage), since rangers have a whole bunch of dodges and evades. Longbows are definitely a viable weapon, despite what some people say – but it’s a good idea to carry a melee weapon as well (we can use shortswords and greatswords as well) versatility is one of the class’ strengths!

How tanky you are depends largely on how you build. I run berserker, and I’m quite squishy in PvE, but I use a tankier build in WvW with heavy protection, burning and regen. So yeah, it all depends on what you spec for.

In PvP, you get to choose a new set of armor without any price, so the most you’ll need is 2 sets for PvE and 1 for WvW. A zerker set and a tanky set should be enough to let you experience all the different modes this game has to offer ^^

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-