Quick Draw and Celestial Avatar

in Ranger

Posted by: The Blog.1824

The Blog.1824

Q:

I read in the wiki that the Quick Draw trait triggers after exiting Celestial Avatar form aslong as you don’t abort any of the CA skills during casting. But I can’t get it to work. I tested it in PvE and in the PvP training area golems, but it won’t work. To test it I Attack ones with the LB to initiate combat, activate CA form, cast the 2 skill without aborting it, then exiting CA form and use the Rapid Fire skill of the Bow. However the skill doesn’t loose any of it’s cooldown. It’s still 10 seconds.
Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Quick Draw has a cooldown on it.

Although wasteful, you can use CAF to get quick draw without swapping weapon sets. This may or may not be useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

If you initiate combat with LB, you will proc Quick Draw upon entering CAF. So when you cast CAF skill 2, it will get 66% CD reduction which is quite un-noticeable. You’d then need to spend 9 seconds in CAF after which leaving the form will proc Quick Draw again.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Wait, what? I thought it was my imagination or that quickdraw was bugging out, I’d seem not to get it sometimes on weps. CA has been consuming it for ~zero CD heals?

That’s actually incredibly annoying. Devs could we get CA to not trigger Quickdraw please?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Wait, what? I thought it was my imagination or that quickdraw was bugging out, I’d seem not to get it sometimes on weps. CA has been consuming it for ~zero CD heals?

That’s actually incredibly annoying. Devs could we get CA to not trigger Quickdraw please?

Hm, I don’t really use skirmishing in PvP, as it is a little weak, but wouldn’t you want quick draw to activate in CA so you could double cast skill 5?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Quick Draw is bugged in interaction with CAF.
Has been ever since day 1.

That’s probably why you can’t get it to work sometimes.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Lunar impact cast back to back is nice. I don’t know where people are finding it to be bugged.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Hi, its working, i dont incounter any bugs.

In order of this to work you need:

1)The quickdraw tarit to be off colldown.
2)when you enter CA you cant use any skill other than CA 1 as even CA 2 got 1 dec cooldown and it will use the quickdraw proc without giving you any benefit.
3)When you go go out of CA you need to use the skill you want redcued very fast becuase quickdarw proc duration is 5 sec and it counts for end of the skiil dration.

So rapid fire got 2.5 sec duration, if you want to get it work with quickdraw and CA you need to go in and out CA in less than 2.5 sec and use RF as you exit CA. quickness will help in this process. But i recommand you to use this combo on LB 4 or 3 as thouse skills dont have active time duration so it will be much easyer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Quick Draw + Avatar 3/4 is amazing additional heal/sustain – you just need to keep track of the cd.

in Ranger

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

I read in the wiki that the Quick Draw trait triggers after exiting Celestial Avatar form aslong as you don’t abort any of the CA skills during casting. But I can’t get it to work. I tested it in PvE and in the PvP training area golems, but it won’t work. To test it I Attack ones with the LB to initiate combat, activate CA form, cast the 2 skill without aborting it, then exiting CA form and use the Rapid Fire skill of the Bow. However the skill doesn’t loose any of it’s cooldown. It’s still 10 seconds.
Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Avatar counts as a weapon swap, just like switching Ele Attunements counts as weapon swap. What you are doing is initiating combat, activating CA – Quick Draw immediately procs when you activate CA. You cast 2 skill in CA, Quick Draw reduces that skill cooldown by 66%. (As noted already, reduction is so small for that skill as to be pointless.) You then exit CA – BUT – Quick Draw has an internal cooldown of 9 seconds. That internal cooldown has not finished yet, so there is no reduction on rapid fire. If you let CA run out naturally, or exit after 9 seconds, Quick Draw should proc just fine and you can use it on Rapid Fire.

Alternatively, you can start the fight with your non-bow weapon, then swap to your bow and use Quick Draw then. It’s a very versatile trait, useful to burst a bit more healing or use it on Rapid Fire with Strength of the Pack + Bristleback F2 skill to get you and your pet to 25 might stacks fast. It’s also great for double Lunar Impacts – combined with the extra daze duration trait, CA 5 skill, and Glyph of Equality, you can take out break bars with ease or turn large groups of trash mobs into pinatas.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Lunar impact cast back to back is nice. I don’t know where people are finding it to be bugged.

Same here. Natural convergence or rejuvinating tides also are just working fine with QD. Definetly not removing it from CAF because it works. Problem with one and 2 is, that they have so short cd that it is unnoticable.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

wolfyrik.2017

Hm, I don’t really use skirmishing in PvP, as it is a little weak, but wouldn’t you want quick draw to activate in CA so you could double cast skill 5?

Why would you ever want to cast CA5, even once? It’s completely useless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Why would you ever want to cast CA5, even once? It’s completely useless.

CA5 does some of our highest damage, and it’s AoE, AND it slows. Not only that but you can cancel-cast the skill to get the stab so you can get your other skills like 3 and 4 off.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

CA5 is the cat’s pajamas, what are you even talking about wolfy? It does pretty much everything you could want a skill to do, damage, hard CC, soft CC, AoE, stab…

in Ranger

wolfyrik.2017

CA5 is the cat’s pajamas, what are you even talking about wolfy? It does pretty much everything you could want a skill to do, damage, hard CC, soft CC, AoE, stab…

Does it not still root and require channeling for a pitiful 360 range? The only thing a player has to do to negate all of the skill’s effects and melt the caster, is stand slightly further away. Even within it’s AoE the damage is poor enough to ignore and your attacks, while slowed still eventually hit for full damage while the druid can do nothing. Clearly though I should give it another go.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s not a beginning of the fight type of skill, that you’re right will get you melted. But after everyone blows their wad, we have enough AF to turn on the AoE damage. 3-5-3 on rezzes, stomps, people healing, etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Does it not still root and require channeling for a pitiful 360 range? The only thing a player has to do to negate all of the skill’s effects and melt the caster, is stand slightly further away. Even within it’s AoE the damage is poor enough to ignore and your attacks, while slowed still eventually hit for full damage while the druid can do nothing. Clearly though I should give it another go.

CA3 into CA5 allows you to AoE proc Ancient Seeds. It’s incredibly strong utility in PvP, the pulsing stability can save you, and if you get the full channel off, you do strong damage.

But yeah, it isn’t something you can just use on cooldown, it has risk.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat