Quick Trait Book Question

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeqevan.5729

Jeqevan.5729

Hey guys, I just hit level 40 and am wondering if I need to buy the Master Book from the Ranger Tutor to up my traits? Or can I wait until 60 and just buy the Grandmaster Book to save a gold (since I’m pretty poor, lol)?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

Don’t consider buying until you’re 60, since I think you can’t use it until then anyway, so it’d just take up space. But even when you reach 80 you don’t need it exactly, depending on what traits you like.

Edit: Sorry, read question incorrectly. They’re right, you can’t skip books, but you can wait on buying them.

(edited by Tsubaki.2508)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

If I recall correctly, you cannot skip a book to save money, you have to use them in order to be able to use the next one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Yeah you have to buy the master book first. But you WANT to buy the book, it unlocks great new traits for you that are probably more useful than most things you could spend your money on.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeqevan.5729

Jeqevan.5729

Thanks for the replies everyone! I know this really isn’t the place, but does anybody have an easy way to get an easy 2 g for the Grandmaster book?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aarioch.9650

Aarioch.9650

I made 2 gold selling small gift boxes in about 2 days worth of looting…. had a bunch and don’t care about the things you can get from them….

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

You’ll start making gold much faster soon, I really wouldn’t worry about it. I had no problem affording the trait book by the time i was lvl 60, and I wasn’t even doing dungeons. Depends how much wvw and crafting you do I guess, both of those can be a big cash drain and can level you quickly without the loot.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

You cant skip books. I tried and you cant. This is a real pro tip if its making money then run AC (Ascalonian Catacombs) path 2 for cash. Use the http://gw2lfg.com/lfgs and just post that your forming a party for money runs. You’ll make all the cash you’ll need in very little time.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele