Quickness on pets still not working

in Ranger

Posted by: Alexander.6250

Alexander.6250

Quickness still doesn’t work on most of the original pets (or on the tiger). Why is this still not fixed? I had hoped with the recent improvements to pet attacks they would finally adress this issue but apparently fixing a core profession mechanic is not a priority…
(by the way is there a decent list to keep track of bugs anywhere on the forums? only thread I find for ranger was closed 3 years ago, and the known issue tracker page is a joke)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

It’s the typical reaction from ANET

Have you seen how badly hilt bash has been handled? Pretty much the same way as anything else.
Player- “ABC is broken, doesn’t work, proven, have video, multiple people report it”
Anet-“well get right on that…. next patch (4 months away).”
4 months later
Anet “We fixed ABC issue.”
Players “It’s still broke”
Anet /ignore playerbase. Add more pve content!

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

I still say they need to increase speed of the pet. I’ve never outran a bird, a wolf, or a lion in real life, I don’t see how another player can outrun one as well in the game. Or that the attack of an animal is timed in seconds, instead of random milliseconds.

I’ve never met a person yet whose been mauled by an animal, be able to count in seconds the number of bites and claw rakes they receive. This is how an animal in GW2 attacks. Run, reach target, if target moves or stays stationary, bite. The pet then counts, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, bite, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, bite.

Opponents never worry about a pet. In fact when they see certain types of pets, they know what to expect from that specific pet. “It’s a wolf, it uses howl, so i’ll use stability…” Most of my enemies know what my pet does, they can also sadly outrun the pet also whether it swims, runs, or fly’s.

The pets are kind of ‘slow’ in all regards, from movement, to attack. I shouldn’t be counting Mississippi’s during a pets maul, and that’s how I find out just how many times it actually bites a target.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Especially lame when you cast strength of the pack (no CC is going to stop my pet)
Pop Sicem (40% movement speed) and still people just run away.

Is there a reason a pet cant jump over a ledge, just like I can?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Especially lame when you cast strength of the pack (no CC is going to stop my pet)

That in my profession has a name: Bad Programming Skills.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

That in my profession has a name: Bad Programming Skills.

Good programming; low-functioning AI.

Though it becomes difficult to discern how to allow pets to jump and how to figure out the pathing. Even ANet’s existing pathing algorithms are okay at best for teleport-intensive professions like the thief which often fails to teleport for seemingly no reason. Similar pathing logic would need to be applied here. Most concerning is the performance hit would be expounded upon pretty massively given the nature of the need for potentially very large decision trees all contesting while performing shortest-path solutions.

And then you still have the issues where you have drakes jumping at all and birds being incapable of flying over most slightly-high-up surfaces.

I think one of the biggest issues with pet responsiveness is their auto-cast abilities sometimes getting in the way of mobility. The birds with their screech for example take several seconds to perform the animation before they’ll even start to move. Other pets operate similarly every few seconds with their default attacks.