Quiting Ranger and probbably GW2

in Ranger

Posted by: Ankas.9023

Ankas.9023

Ranger being my fav profession to play but why bother seriosly I got 4 armors and all weapon sets for all 4 armors and builds. Even a legenday. Because rangers r complete crap now get nerfed and not fixed I seriosly have no desire to play. I have nothing to play for beside doing some major events.

When it comes to WvW im a beast but when faced with eavenely skilled player thats usinga thief or guardian or ele or mesmer I just get my kitten handed to me. Esp. Thiefs with stealth using pistol/dagger combo. that gets swaped into sword/dagger its stupid. our skills r crap our traits are crap and are bugged and our utility skills well we got like 2 worth using and thats it. Signets are crap that makes u have to trait 30 power so i can be affected by the kitten signet activation. If I didnt get so many achivmant points and all assended gear I sware I would of deleted my ranger. I seriosly curse the day I selected this proffesion as my main.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

thats funny, to me the ranger is the best duelist in the game while i find him utterly useless in larger wvw engagements.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: zeus.9634

zeus.9634

can you send me your ectos, lodestones and all t6 mats before ya leave? thx and hf with your next game.. dont forget to close the door behind ya!

Mariskah 80 Ranger
Lords of England Officer
Far Shiverpeaks

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

thats funny, to me the ranger is the best duelist in the game while i find him utterly useless in larger wvw engagements.

Give me videos and explain your video in-depth or you’re lying.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Rangers are deadly one on one. I don’t think any class could beat my bunker/condition specs one on one. Dunno where your attitude came from.

WvW and end game Mists is where we have issues.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

I’d say the Mesmer is the best duelist in the game. Only profession I can’t beat if they are equally skilled. But that said Rangers are the second best duelist in the game IMO

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

i been playing ghost recon, MoH, already finished those now dead space 3 and TR next week. Haven’t even done dailies in GW2 in a few days, maybe is time for a break.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Wanna mail me your gold/items?

Help out a brother here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I feel engineers and guardians are better duelists than rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

“Rangers are deadly one on one. I don’t think any class could beat my bunker/condition specs one on one. Dunno where your attitude came from.”

Condi specs are easily countered by top tier players, lol

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

“Rangers are deadly one on one. I don’t think any class could beat my bunker/condition specs one on one. Dunno where your attitude came from.”

Experience. I could beat your bunker/condi builds with my engi. Rangers are deadly 1v1 but imo other classes are better. memsers, engis, eles, guardians and possibly some necros are better.

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

omg nah way?! I guess that’s why I SAID BUNKER/CONDITION SPECS, plural.

Give it up, if you can’t fight 1v1 top tier with a ranger against any class and do very well then the problem is with you not with ranger.

This constant whine on issues like this totally take validity away from the actual issues. The class has issues, big ones that are troubling, 1v1 at a high level is not one of them.

(edited by capuchinseven.8395)

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

You didn’t watch his WvW videos?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/WvW-Bunker-Ranger-Play/first#post1524183

in Ranger

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/WvW-Bunker-Ranger-Play/first#post1524183

They might be nice videos but to be honest in MOST (not all) of these videos the ranger is fighting unskilled or/and upscaled opponents, which is not that impressing but entertaining..

in Ranger

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

They might be nice videos but to be honest in MOST (not all) of these videos the ranger is fighting unskilled or/and upscaled opponents, which is not that impressing but entertaining..

Precisely, most of the players could’ve just ran away but no! For whatever reason, they chose to stay and fight. Don’t get me wrong, this guy has good skills as a player.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The only class that gives me trouble 1v1 is a P/D Thief

I am running PI though, so that will make some classes easier then usual (Elementalist for example).

Engineer’s are kind of a joke to be honest.

Same with Guardians.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

Precisely, most of the players could’ve just ran away but no! For whatever reason, they chose to stay and fight. Don’t get me wrong, this guy has good skills as a player.

Why I never bother with videos, it’s always the same responses.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobran.6542

Tobran.6542

rangers are probably the best counter to theif…just sayin

Tobran Earnwood – Level 80 Human Ranger
Aurora Glade – [RDDT]
http://www.youtube.com/user/TobranEarnwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

rangers are probably the best counter to theif…just sayin

In PvP ?

I don’t agree with that statement in WvW …..although haven’t played yet with the new NPC stealth change

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

nerva.7940

Yeah u can find my recent vid or just look at xsorus or sol.

Condition bunker is probably the strongest 1v1 spec in the game. Thief is my easiest matchup p/d just takes a while if he doesnt run. Condi rangers are by far the strongest 1v1 condi based spec with the fastest condi reapplication.

In the vids I posted the only unskilled and upleveled opponents were the elementalists, who I demoed as a tutorial on dodging.

Dont get me wrong I get everyone’s grief. I just moved on after about 700 hours about 400 of which were in spvp. But if I wanna duel or skirmish against 5-6 people im bringing my ranger

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)

in Ranger

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Everyone has their strengths:
Guardian: High Armor/Healing, wears down players that don’t use conditions slowly.
Mesmer: Survival, good for escaping, and DPS ones are very nasty.
Thieves: Wins all times with their overpowered DPS except against Mesmers who can stealth and run away. Weak health and Disables hurt.
Ranger: Conditions and dancing around crippling your foe and rangering them with the bow, no huge burst DPS.
Elementallist: Can keep healing and healing while DPS’ing, but suffers badly from conditions.
Engineer: Good toughness and healing, moderate DPS, but burst damage badly kills them.
Warrior: Insane burst damage and heaps of disables, and good health, but not much healing nor condition resistance, and can be burned down by bunkers.
Necromancer: Extreme conditions and life stealing, and huge heallth, but not much burst or toughness.

Back on topic, as said above, Rangers have powerful cripple and conditions and kiting capabillities.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in Ranger

nerva.7940

Wvw is ruled by instant aoe damage and huge single target burst. Ranger does not belong in this meta sadly. Ranger is bauss in spvp tho. All profs except the necro and ranger can do both

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’d say the Mesmer is the best duelist in the game. Only profession I can’t beat if they are equally skilled. But that said Rangers are the second best duelist in the game IMO

Concur. Mesmers give me the most trouble as well. All the others tend to be cake. WvW is another story. But the zerg tends to be unforgiving for near anybody.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I think Anet moderator meant to close this thread and not the “a shame, how anet ignore the community” as that thread does not have any “I quit” stuff in it~

Please lock this thread and unlock the other.

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Posted by: Saba Med.2056

Saba Med.2056

@ kiwituatara
i can’t understand it too

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

“I quit” threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.