Quivers!

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

I, as a bow user, would really like to see a quiver for bow users. Without a quiver a bow user just looks like he/she is naked, not finished and unreal. How can you shoot when you have no ammunition?! How do you come up with the idea of characters using a bow, but not adding a quiver? Don’t the developpers themselves see it?

What do you all think about this?

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

There are quiver back items. Quivers tied with equiping bows were in original design plan but were removed due to alot of issues with clipping and stuff.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

There are quiver back items. Quivers tied with equiping bows were in original design plan but were removed due to alot of issues with clipping and stuff.

Which is funny because the back piece quivers clip like crazy with bows.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

(edited by Arsenic Touch.7960)

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Avandor.5743

Avandor.5743

Leg quivers… quite common, won’t clip and keeps your pets from humping your leg !

Make it so Anet

80 Human Druid of Piken
Stomp for Píken [PS]

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

There are ascended backpieces which have the skins of quivers.

Better start grinding dem fractals, son.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

get rare and exotic quivers in the game already!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: vitigis.4160

vitigis.4160

How about taking all that time that could be spent on making awesome new quiver models and using it to make pets that don’t suck in all types of PVP?

I vote for that

Q-everyone has it better than me-Q

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

How about taking all that time that could be spent on making awesome new quiver models and using it to make pets that don’t suck in all types of PVP?

I vote for that

+1

Not just PvP, but fix ALL of the pet classes regardless of PvE, PvP, or WvW.

If you want a quiver, do like we all did and pony up the gold for one.

Quivers!

in Ranger

deepwinter.9015

I vote for that

+1

Not just PvP, but fix ALL of the pet classes regardless of PvE, PvP, or WvW.

If you want a quiver, do like we all did and pony up the gold for one.

Two completely different teams of people with completely different skillsets.

A graphic artist does not equal a programer.

Tarnished Coast

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Too bad for us who want to avoid the horrible flavor dungeons don’t even have a way to get a quiver skin.
Or is there?

All is vain.

Quivers!

in Ranger

deepwinter.9015

Too bad for us who want to avoid the horrible flavor dungeons don’t even have a way to get a quiver skin.
Or is there?

Mystic Forge. See my post to the Wikis above.

Edit: In fact, that’s the only way to get a quiver skin – no dungeons required!

Tarnished Coast

Quivers!

in Ranger

Boomstin.3460

Or is there?

Hmm, seems all those need a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence for the forge which i thought is account bound or did i miss something?

All is vain.

(edited by Boomstin.3460)

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Or is there?

Hmm, seems all those need a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence for the forge which i thought is account bound or did i miss something?

Yes, but that’s all you need from dungeons. I got my vial of condensed mists within 5 fractal runs, although I haven’t seen one since. The real issue is the cost of materials, the berserker version costs upwards of 50 gold in mats.

@deepwinter: you forgot these two…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowyer's_Delight
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sights_Be_True

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Boomstin.3460

Ah nevermind then, guess as a wvw player i’m not deemed worthy of a quiver skin by Anet.

Thanks for the info though

All is vain.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

Yeah you will need a vial from fractals as they are account bound. I don’t enjoy fractals but really wanted a quiver so I put some magic find on (not sure if it even works for those) and just ran lvl 1-2 fractals over and over for 2 days until I finally got a vial to drop.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

You can get a quiver but only through the treadmill dungeon with over 5000 ectos involved.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

You can get a quiver but only through the treadmill dungeon with over 5000 ectos involved.

????

Quivers take 50 ectos, the only thing you need from a dungeon is 1 vial of condensed mists essence, which drops from fractal level 1.

Mystic Forge ingredients

250 T6 mats (specific mat depends on the stats you want)
50 Glob of Ectoplasm
240 Philosopher’s Stone
1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

Not cheap, but doable. I’m forging my quiver today.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

????

Quivers take 50 ectos, the only thing you need from a dungeon is 1 vial of condensed mists essence, which drops from fractal level 1.

Mystic Forge ingredients

250 T6 mats (specific mat depends on the stats you want)
50 Glob of Ectoplasm
240 Philosopher’s Stone
1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

Not cheap, but doable. I’m forging my quiver today.

I’m having trouble getting powerful bloods. I need 250 of them yet I’ve only had 2 drop in the past week or do. I suppose I could buy them from the TP but I’d be looking at around 60 gold:(

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Yeah forget it, I run full berserker and wanted Quiver of Swift Flight too, but no flavor item short of a legendary can be worth 60 gold to me. The stats on that quiver just aren’t exceptional enough to justify that kind of expense, for my bank account at least

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: purelife.4795

purelife.4795

I have been doing fotm for weeks in hope of a vial but no luck

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Yeah forget it, I run full berserker and wanted Quiver of Swift Flight too, but no flavor item short of a legendary can be worth 60 gold to me. The stats on that quiver just aren’t exceptional enough to justify that kind of expense, for my bank account at least

I wanted that one too,but I went with the ancient bone one as its about 8times cheaper,I’ll just transmutate it onto something else later :P

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Use your noggin bro: get the backpiece with stats you want, make the cheapest quiver(AFAIR ~10-15g), transmute.

Voila, quiver with the stats you want AND the look you want w/o spending 50-60g.

That said, 50-60g is CHEAP. I’ve seen a lot of “too bad for WvW players like myself” comments…yea that doesn’t work, because I WvW TOO and I have one. Spend an hour a day doing CoF p1+p2, salvage the tokens, and you will end up with an easy 3-4g. Throw in another dungeon or so on top and you’re probably near 5g. That’s less than 2 weeks to get the quiver with stats you want(w/o having to transmute).

Not that hard.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Use your noggin bro: get the backpiece with stats you want, make the cheapest quiver(AFAIR ~10-15g), transmute.

Voila, quiver with the stats you want AND the look you want w/o spending 50-60g.

That said, 50-60g is CHEAP. I’ve seen a lot of “too bad for WvW players like myself” comments…yea that doesn’t work, because I WvW TOO and I have one. Spend an hour a day doing CoF p1+p2, salvage the tokens, and you will end up with an easy 3-4g. Throw in another dungeon or so on top and you’re probably near 5g. That’s less than 2 weeks to get the quiver with stats you want(w/o having to transmute).

Not that hard.

Well duh. I got my Endless Quiver yesterday (the cheapest) and will transmute it if I come across any better backpiece, I ruled out the berserker version as soon as I calculated the cost for all that powerful blood.

Two weeks of solid gold grind is indeed ‘hard’ in my book, that’s some serious time spend that I could have put towards other stuff (a legendary, gear for alts, even RL!). For an item that only gives me 1% more crit damage than what I’m already wearing, it just ain’t worth it. I was able to easily afford the Endless Quiver just with the gold I had on my character and banked ectos, so it was a no-brainer really.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

But why should they be so expensive? It should be that every Ranger got one. A simple one and a more complex flashy looking at higher levels!

Where else are the arrows coming from?!

And if that isn’t happening. Which one of the quivers is the cheapest?

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Not that hard.

Well kitten it. I didn’t think about it too much and just went and bought the last 200 Vials of Powerful Blood off the TP. That itself was 60g (guess I didn’t watch the price too closely and bought it when it was expensive). All together with everything, I think it was near 100g total.

Well I guess it was okay since I wasn’t saving up for the Rainbow Unicorn Shortbow anyways.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

But why should they be so expensive? It should be that every Ranger got one. A simple one and a more complex flashy looking at higher levels!

Where else are the arrows coming from?!

And if that isn’t happening. Which one of the quivers is the cheapest?

Well if everyone had one it wouldn’t be worth wearing, I like that quivers aren’t so accessible.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

You can slolo the starter areas of many level 1 fractals and it will drop from any mob, will take a while but it’s more than doable.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Really? I didn’t know it dropped, I wouldn’t have crafted one if I had.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Sorry I wasn’t being clear. Not the bow, the vial that you need to make one, the rest you still need to buy.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Sorry I wasn’t being clear. Not the bow, the vial that you need to make one, the rest you still need to buy.

Oh right I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah you can only get the vial off of drops, can’t buy it on TP so you have to farm fractals for a little bit to get that drop. Doesn’t take too long though, as you said they start dropping from fractal level 1.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Or is there?

Ermm…how are Fractals not dungeons??

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Quivers!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Or is there?

Actually, I noticed they don’t count towards monthly dungeon achievement for some reason.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Quivers!

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Or is there?

Actually, I noticed they don’t count towards monthly dungeon achievement for some reason.

Fractals are not considered dungeons (mechanically speaking) due to how they are instanced.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer