RAO changed to 60 sec CD (not traited)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

jsut watched this guy on tweech(http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports) knows nothing about rangers but he showed some of the new changes. RAO is 60 sec CD untraited.
also the the RAO+ remorseless thing is working.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

This was discussed when the stream previews were announced that none of them ran a Ranger or Necromancer as their main – so no surprise if some of them appear as though they know nothing on certain classes.

To be fair on the part of DPS, he at least showed some of the Ranger changes, including Beastly Warden + Wolf [F2]. Also, I caught that SotP has a shorter CD, but I did not catch if the duration was adjusted to match that.

Edited for grammar.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

This was discussed when the stream previews were announced that none of them ran a Ranger or Necromancer as their main – so no surprise if some of them appear as though they know nothing on certain classes.

To be fair on the part of DPS, he at least showed some of the Ranger changes, including Beastly Warden working with Wolf. Also, I caught that SotP has a shorter CD, but I did not catch if the duration was adjusted to match that.

ya, i also not sure about suration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Also watching him. Such a pain to watch him “show” Remorseless for like 5 minute while not understanding the concept of this trait and opening strikes at all.

He shouldn’t have covered classes he really doesn’t know well.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Ya, they told him on chat to try quickdraw + remorseless + offhand axe and tried to use the combo with Whirling Defense, saied its underwhelming, lol.

also lots of litle changes from from the release notes like Hidden Barbs is only 20% (down from 33% ).

The taunt on pet seemed very short 1-2 sec, he tried it with wolf. By the time the wolf finished to howl(the taunt activates on the f2 press) the taunt was over and got replaced by the fear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Some interesting buffs came our way. Of course nothing mentioned at Patch Notes. I’m strangely pleased.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

How long does it last then with only 60s cd?

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

How long does it last then with only 60s cd?

Couldnt realy tell for sure. I think i saw the opening strike being refreshed for 4-5 times, so its 12 -16 sec?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Uh. Holy kitten. I was actually hoping they’d do this as the original simply didn’t do enough for a 180s CD, or whatever it was. this is indeed great news for anyone going shouts and/or remorseless.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I saw it refresh that amount, too. I want to say SotP might have been reduced to 15s (similar to how Lich Form was reduced), but considering the cd was chainsawed, I think I’m fine with that.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I think signet/shouts builds(3 signets with HAO and RAO ) might benefit alot from the lyssa rune( i wounder if the bonus 4 also works with quickness and resistance) .

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Not too bad. You could start your combo with rao, then use your other utilities and traits for fury until its off CD again.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Not too bad. You could start your combo with rao, then use your other utilities and traits for fury until its off CD again.

to proc Remorseless? exactly. we also have Clarion Call.

The taunt on pet seemed very short 1-2 sec, he tried it with wolf. By the time the wolf finished to howl(the taunt activates on the f2 press) the taunt was over and got replaced by the fear.

excellent. this is very, very good news that BW activates independent of the F2 making contact with target. im so happy right now.

also hidden barbs was indeed OP at 33%, even 20% is more or less a must for condi builds.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

to proc Remorseless? exactly. we also have Clarion Call.

excellent. this is very, very good news that BW activates independent of the F2 making contact with target. im so happy right now.

also hidden barbs was indeed OP at 33%, even 20% is more or less a must for condi builds.

Well, the only thing he did right was using axe and quickdraw for like 30 bleeds combos that ticked for like 4k. Was kinda imressive.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Remorseless is just looking better and better.

Already saw the condi stacking with Quick Draw coming.

I can’t wait to test out the rest myself … much better than watching someone seemingly not familiar.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

quickdraw will indeed be a must for condi builds.

Remorseless is looking amazeballs, we’ll have virtually limitless fury procs. as was discussed before, 6/0/6/0/6 with Cavalier stats is looking soooo good.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I’m curious how Ambidexterity and Quick Draw are going to react.
Will we get 20% off baseline and 66% off baseline?
Or will we get 20% off baseline and 66% off of that reduced cooldown?

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

99% sure its, “20% off baseline and 66% off of that reduced cooldown”.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Are you sure?

With my Mesmer, if I took -20% on a weapon skill and -20% on illusion summoning, it would reduce the cooldown on Illusions summoned by that weapon by 40% of the base cooldown instead of 20% of the base and then 20% of that 80%.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

From what i understood, the quickdraw mechanic – is the opposite of freez(like the mesmer new mechanic on HOT) , it doesnt care about about the base CD of the skill, its just removing 1 sec from every 3 sec CD or somthing like that(might be 2 sec from every 3 sec). The mesmer traits you mentioned probably have some kinda of stacking mechanic but its different with quickdraw(I think/hope).

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Did anybody actually notice how abysmal the range is on Beastly Warden? It was used on the heavy golem and as far as I could tell didn’t even affect the nearest golem. It seemed approximately 240-300 radius at most.

I mean, I didn’t exactly think it would be game changing personally, but to me that seemingly awful range pretty much solidified my initial thoughts on taking it over any other option.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

I did notice that. I was hoping for at least 300, fantasizing about 600. I might be ok with this considering it’s basically spammable. theyre being very careful with this GM, understandably so. but then they allow engies to faceroll people for 8k burns per sec.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I’m not worried about a Condi Engineer. You know what they have trouble with? Conditions.

You know what a Survival Condi Ranger doesn’t have trouble with? Conditions.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

I’m not worried about a Condi Engineer. You know what they have trouble with? Conditions.

You know what a Survival Condi Ranger doesn’t have trouble with? Conditions.

Im not really worried too. Engineer are a bit like warrior in the predictable area. And they are weak in range combat. (pre patch that is).

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

oh im not worried about them too much. im just worried about the power creep, and the lack of cohesion within the dev teams. theyre just all over the place it seems.

back to BW, on closer inspection, he moused over the GM and it is indeed 240 radius range, which is equivalent to the traps. honestly, it’s not too bad. it will always snag one or two people. I would like it buffed to 300, but we just have to test to see how it plays out in practice. at least its INSTANT, meaning we should be able to get the taunt off reactively. a hard cc / status effect is probably the best CC you can get in the game.

all that being said, im actually really excited about RaO and how it constantly procs Remorseless. even LOYF is looking pretty good, compared to what we saw last.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Let’s be honest about Tuesday’s patch … it’s quite likely going to be followed by some balance patches. Accept it and go with it. It is a game after all … and an MMO … these things are part of it.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Let’s be honest about Tuesday’s patch … it’s quite likely going to be followed by some balance patches. Accept it and go with it. It is a game after all … and an MMO … these things are part of it.

Some balances patch of 3 months in between if the trend is continuing… Haha

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Well we definitely won’t see a balance patch until probably long after “the dust has settled” after the actual HoT release.

Like, and I haven’t really been seeing many people thinking of tomorrow’s patch in this manner, but even if the word balance gets used, this honestly doesn’t look like any sort of “balance” patch I’ve ever seen. More than anything, it’s a system revamp where ANet is going back and prettying up the old framework and preparing it for the new system in order to place the new elite specializations and future system for additional specializations in place.

In some regard, I actually think that a lot of the changes we’ll see tomorrow won’t be in any sort of context until we see all of the elite specializations. In a sense, we will be playing “incomplete” classes until HoT.

To some degree, I actually feel bad for the really competitive PvP’ers. The 3rd party tournaments and the WTS are still happening, and the metagame will be on very unsteady ground, with whatever “meta” that comes from tomorrows changes being the shortest lived PvP metagame in the lifespan of GW2’s release.

Overall though I think that we’re getting good changes, I think that every class will have some sort of build they can bring to the table until HoT releases, and I think that we just have to bunker down on the “torch and pitchfork” reactions and wait until HoT drops and we can judge all of the classes as complete versions of themselves in the new system.

Personally, I see that there was a substantial amount of power creep set in motion, and while that bothers me with my thoughts on how things should be balanced (creep bad, nerf good lol), to make a full opinion on what needs to be nerfed at this point before HoT would just be a waste of effort and in some ways, potentially futile.

Unnecessarily long post that ended up babbling on about nothing really valuable, sorry lol.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

LMAO jcbroe … just felt like seeing my thoughts but coming from someone else … just as rambling too … maybe a little less crazy :-p

Better yourself.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

it’s a reasonable, albeit optimistic, outlook. u two are always so positive, how do you do it =P

my view is that we’re thrown into this power creep after things weren’t internally tested properly (not so much on the ranger end but some other profs), and we’ll have to put up with some insanity for at least a few months. at least.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Well without TOTALLY derailing the thread, I think the tomorrow’s patch will be an overall mixed bag.

Warrior, Thief, and Elementalist will get the most beneficial changes (though ele might suffer with the amulet changes in some regards).

Engineer and Mesmer are getting some powerful options but still have glaring weaknesses that makes them easy enough to hardcounter in PvP, and I think personally that Engineer for the first time since launch will struggle to remain such a “go to” choice and will have quite a bit of competition, whereas this is nothing new for mesmer.

Guardian and Necro took some hits and gained some tools. Necro has always been the theoretical best 1v1 class though (as in, on paper, with perfect play, they have the edge in every match up) and a lot of their changes make them even better at that, but they will still be potentially thief food and easy to focus targets in teamfights, which is where they suffer the most. Guardians on the other hand just got hurt all over from the reorganization and are almost entirely shoehorned into meditations or a “more lackluster than warrior” shout build.

Where does ranger fit in with all of this? Well, our utilities got some pretty significant and ultimately underwhelming changes, as far as traps and spirits go. However, the trait reorganization helps us immensely as far as condensing desirable traits into builds in which they are all available, covering weaknesses (the amount of inherent damage reduction, fury/swiftness, and vulnerability one build can output is insane), and giving us some teamfight tools we previously lacked (vuln is better than ever, we can give out perma-fury which is rare in PvP, good damage and ability to focus and kill targets), as well as opening up new roles for us (Quickdraw makes evasion bunkering scary, and the duality of it being condi bursts getting super scary potential as well).

So ultimately I’m cautiously optimistic for rangers for tomorrow. We have lots of tools that make us strong, so really, the only thing that even has the chance to hold us back is the builds the other classes fall into and how we play against them, both individually and how the builds perform on a team.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

The thing taht puts me in a pessimistic mood is that most other professions got their mechanics enhanced. I don’t care about the numbers, but the fact that the Ranger has still wonky or useless mechanics bothers me a lot. Traps have gotten their viability reduced; yes they are stronger now, but not being able to throw them is limiting the situations you can use them. Spirits still seem to not do anything specifc or particularly good (I may be wrong here, but they don’t get me excited), and the changes shout(s) have recieved shows that ANet has literally no clue what to do with them.

The only thing that will get stronger are the weaponskills, through Remorseless and Quick Draw.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

The Rampage as One/Strength of the Pack effect lasted 10s in the stream, but it did look like some boons were refreshed on a 2s interval instead of 3s, we’ll see tomorrow.

But traited to 48s with Runes of Lyssa like someone suggested can be extremely interesting

EDIT: Fury was applied on SHOUT CAST and then 3 more times… so it really is every 3s for 3s + On SHOUT Cast

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

All this time I had been planning on using “Lead the Wind,” but it’s getting harder and harder to resist Remorseless when things like THIS exists. There’s going to be some crazy synergy here, it’s exciting.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Remorseless

Fury on traited Wep Swap
Fury on traited GS use
Fury on 3s interval with SotP (and ON activation)
Fury on Dodge (with Rune of Evasion)
Fury on pet swap with the pet swap Call of the Wild trait
Fury on Call of the Wild
Fury on traited Survival Skill use
Fury on Red Moa F2

…I’m sure I’m missing some AHAHAHA
(I want fury on ‘Signet of the Hunt’ active just for that trait hehe)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Had been calling for a halving of RaO’s duration and CDs for years! SO SO SO glad they did that! 48s with regen and more swiftness, cool, combined with Remorseless? Golden. So much more useful now.
I’ll be running with this now for sure, either Hoelbrak or Altruism runes.
Don’t use the link, they don’t work, cut and paste it.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jg-F7;0sEFu-g2cDV-0;9-02;1Y_b;0237156247;4SkG6R;1CoF2CoF2b0H

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

RaO with SotW will be nice. Throw a SotH buff in there and that is a 200% Maul/PoS.

That would be running signets though, and trading more fury sources for a bigger burst.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It lasts 9 seconds now and has a 1 second cast time. Weird.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

I think that’s fair, give how low its cd is with Resounding Timbre. it went from nearly useless to a very viable elite.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

9 seconds? Couldn’t they just have adjusted the boons to apply every 2.5s and have a 10s duration? Some of these changes seem very stupid.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Nearly useless? You’re saying ridiculous things to get a reaction from people and “prove” we got buffed.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

RaO was never slotted by any good ranger

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Dude, seriously. You’re not contributing anything and are sort of getting annoying.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Yeah well in PVE you don’t exactly have a plethora of options now, do you?

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

It was, and still is, the best elite option for PVE.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

when people say “good ranger” it usually implies pvp. and yes, it was useless compared to Entangle, which has been the only reasonable choice since spirits got nerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It was, and still is, the best elite option for PVE.

I think it’s pretty kitten bad in an organized group, but we really don’t have anything better :-)

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Opinions and all that funky jazz, Sina…

when people say “good ranger” it usually implies pvp. and yes, it was useless compared to Entangle, which has been the only reasonable choice since spirits got nerfed.

Heh… I don’t think of PVP at all when someone says “good xxxxx”.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…