Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: mystic att.1605

mystic att.1605

Has anyone had succes running a rabid build? Using sharpened edges on the skirmishing tree? Seems like a potent build to me but I really don’t have the resources to check it out in wvw and not much of a pvp player.
Anybody has some insight on this?
Also there is a sigil with a similar effect right?
Would this be a viable build after pet nerfs?

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

That’s a logical direction to go. Try stacking sigils and runes that proc bleeding. Bleeding on crit is good with high skirmishing. Then there’s spike trap and sharpened stone. Have fun!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: mystic att.1605

mystic att.1605

The thing is, I already have 2 weapon/gear sets (apoth + clerics) and it is cluttering up my bank/inventory. I’d like to know if people think if it is a viable strategy or if I am just wasting my time.

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Demus.4218

Demus.4218

I was in the same boat. I got a set and I run it sometimes with a Hybrid Trap build, 0/30/20/0/20 using the short bow and dagger(5) to stack conditions. I use celestial accessories all the time, so the difference between Apothecary with Undead Runes(cheap) and Rabid with Undead Runes is about 10% crit chance, 100 condition damage and 200-300 healing if memory serves. Honestly I prefer the Apothecary. The short bow already stacks a lot of bleeding, and I’m mostly using that to stop the other conditions from being cleansed.

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Rabid Gear is a very offensive setup on a trap build. It allows you to build for toughness as well, so you aren’t squishy. The “meta” in PvP for trap rangers was (and to a degree still is) 0/30/30/10/0 for traits.

Now you’ve optimized all of your stats, and even though you didn’t stack power, the DPS from crit chance, crit damage, and bleed on crits is a very strong sustained output. Couple that with unblockable AoE traps and you can literally melt hp off of targets.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Oeko.6470

Oeko.6470

I’m using a rabid build in pve, with shortbow, axe/torch and a rune of the undead.
With stacks and buffood+ tuning crystals i get nearly 2000 condition dmg and 3000 armor, works fantastic in all sorts of instances and in high fractals.
The traits are 30 10 30 0 0

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I use rampager’s gear over rabid gear. I’ve been thinking of switching to rabid too, but i don’t know how much better rabid is to rampagers or vice versa. having more condition damage would be nice, but it’s only a little more compared to rampagers and i’d have less crit chance to boot. with rampagers I also have the power for when I can’t always be in perfect position for the bleed from shortbow.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

I have a Rabid build for my ranger and it works nicely but is very limited. (sorry i forget it) But I’ve come to realize it’s very weak in 1v1’s or duels. In theory it seems like it would be very strong but in reality, with a few cond removals I end up getting most of my damage from just the base dmg on crossfire(shortbow #1) Which isn’t too strong if you’re not built for straight damage. I’d suggest Rampager’s if you want good damage or zerk

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I have a Rampager’s set for when i’m bored, Its a bleed build and you can stack a lot of bleeds with it very quickly.

Even more so with Keen Edges after the next patch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I have rabid as well, and fun as it is sometimes I find its not all that effective because you are only stacking 1 type of condition, maybe it extremely easy for people to cleanse continually.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Rabid Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I don’t understand, why aren’t you guys running traps with Rabid? There is burning and poison as well, don’t need to go all bleed. I agree that it is not the best 1v1, especially runing a trap build.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

(edited by nagymbear.5280)