Raid/Fractal Healer idea, please critique

in Ranger

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7keVomVskVwXFgoFswIYMhrvVAwZ0V6iBwR1qaWF-TFyGQBTS9nKp8bI7PIRlg97gAAgLAA5eCARS3ApAcaLA-w

Some highlights I think are..

2461 power
56% crit chance
1236 healing power (if change food would be 1136
+40% outgoing healing
+68% boon duration (could get 88% with different food)
100% uptime on fury, regen, might, swiftness (if the build editor showed the missing 53% boon duration)

I am curious as to what the community thinks, would this make a good healer for raids or even fractals and help with damage as well? I have it setup with cheap food but I can certainly change if needed.

Also, not sure on pets…

Thanks for the input.

(edited by Siphon.8405)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Seems like a standard Zealot Druid healer to me, except the concentration sigil. The base 35% boon duration (Nature Magic + Monk Runes) has only a slight gap in protection uptime and there is usually plenty of might/fury/swiftness in (proper group) raids.

Use Delicious Rice Balls for +100 healing AND +10% outgoing healing rather than the food you have slotted. That is, unless, you really need the +5% karma boost.

As a side note, even though GW2Skills build editor does not show an increased boon duration stat when Nature Magic is slotted, the boon durations on the icons, weapon skills, and utilities are updated (might have to give it a few seconds if the stat changes).

For pets, Tiger for additional group fury and as one of the highest DPS pets. The second pet can be whatever the group or encounter requires. If the group is pretty solid on all bases, then take a Bristleback or Lynx as your second.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

Seems like a standard Zealot Druid healer to me, except the concentration sigil. The base 35% boon duration (Nature Magic + Monk Runes) has only a slight gap in protection uptime and there is usually plenty of might/fury/swiftness in (proper group) raids.

Use Delicious Rice Balls for +100 healing AND +10% outgoing healing rather than the food you have slotted. That is, unless, you really need the +5% karma boost.

As a side note, even though GW2Skills build editor does not show an increased boon duration stat when Nature Magic is slotted, the boon durations on the icons, weapon skills, and utilities are updated (might have to give it a few seconds if the stat changes).

For pets, Tiger for additional group fury and as one of the highest DPS pets. The second pet can be whatever the group or encounter requires. If the group is pretty solid on all bases, then take a Bristleback or Lynx as your second.

thanks for the advice. I figured it has been done before. I will also use it in WvW karma trains which is why i threw the concentration sigil on the horn. Can’t hurt I have 2 sitting in my bank.

Because of quickdraw i can double tap call of the wild for over a minute of boons if needed.