Raid condi build

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Gibon.1705

Gibon.1705

Q:

So with some condi buffs that ranger got recently do you think that some interesting builds might make it to the ‘meta’?
Right now only possible build for condi was with just axe/torch quickdraw, no other weapon to swap. And it was niche probably possible to get party with just guildies.
Will a/t+shortbow be more popular now? I mean in pug reality?

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

burnzerker is effectively dead after this patch so the next in line would be the viper engi for condi spots in raids. the only thing in the ranger kitten nal that even comes close to the engi is the quickdraw torch build. unless shortbow gets some serious buffs it won’t make it into the meta. the ferocity buff for axe should actually bring a bit more dps to the sinister/viper ranger build.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Hard to say for me.

Ranger Builds that outDPSed other classes never made it to meta. People never started playing rangers correctly. And nothing really changed that would make it easier for ranger to have their way.
They buffed a few numbers here and there but nothing that would make a change.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

No. Not in PUG reality. Condition Ranger will only be seen in a PUG on two conditions:

1) PUGs are desperate for a(nother) condition player and are growing impatient waiting.
2) You are friends with some of the PUGs and they vouch for you.

Shortbow won’t be getting anywhere either. A/T only and it thrives best with Sab and to an extent, Gors, if doing the method to phase him rather than use updrafts. Only buff we received condition-wise was Hidden Barbs, and that isn’t quite enough to compete with a Condition Reaper, which are now more powerful and flexible, especially in pairs.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

No. Not in PUG reality. Condition Ranger will only be seen in a PUG on two conditions:

1) PUGs are desperate for a(nother) condition player and are growing impatient waiting.
2) You are friends with some of the PUGs and they vouch for you.

Shortbow won’t be getting anywhere either. A/T only and it thrives best with Sab and to an extent, Gors, if doing the method to phase him rather than use updrafts. Only buff we received condition-wise was Hidden Barbs, and that isn’t quite enough to compete with a Condition Reaper, which are now more powerful and flexible, especially in pairs.

The thing is that Condi DPS ranger has been better in damage than Condi Engies for a long time. And there hasn’t been anything that would nerf us back below.
Naturally, the DPS goes for stationary fights. But Sebetha and Gorseval both are.
We can’t compete at Vale Guardian.

The thing is that playing condi ranger right is much more painful to execute than any other profession. It’s more … situational.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

You should quote the other person as I never mentioned Condition Engineers. Competition in Raids on the condition spot is against Condition Reapers since their rotation is much easier, provide natural boon corruption for fights like Vale Guardian, and in pairs, are much deadlier bouncing Epidemic.

Ranger can compete with Condition Engineer all it wants, everything that you said makes not a lick of difference in the PUG reality the OP was asking for because when PUGs see a condition Ranger, they will never take one unless they’re tired of waiting for that condition Reaper.

Also, yes, I realize Condition Ranger is more situational, hence why I said it thrives at those 2 fights. As for being painful for playing it correctly, Condition Engineer greets everyone.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hmm I got now viper (ascended) Necro And engie (ouch my wallet), and honeslty while necro is very good, and I even WANT it to be the best, at VG i don’t see it surpassing Engineer anytime. (Epidemic is useless there almost). The best I got was 10k bleeding, 2k poison, 1k chill, with some power damage to support. That was spikey, holding that up is hard and relies on rng (bleed on crit). The most high number on bleed (that stays that way and doesnt drop often below) i could get was 5500. +2000 poison, +1000 chill. About 8200 dps give or take a bit. I could be slightly more in perfectly buffed situations (sun spirit, druid damage buffs, banner of warrior), but not by all to much. So i doubt even at gorseval necro rules (apart from mob killing utility with epidemic). I’d love to be proven wrong, but so far, engie can do double damage, easely as necro without the ultimate buffs. That being said, i love the survivability of necro, and it’s hidden support. And that it’s way easier to do some heavy combo’s then engie (same for breakbar, easier to hit the bar).

Will have to test ranger later, but since no raids accept them as condi dps, i have my doubts (my condi reaper was not allowed several times too, in favor of engineer).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

As a pure DPS character, Condi Ranger is pretty poor in raids. Why?

1. Don’t benefit much from Quickness or alacrity. Quickness = more auto attacks. Auto attacks are worthless to condi ranger. Alacrity is better, but not amazing because your money skill is still bound by weapon swap cool down.

2. there is almost no loss of DPS for a condi ranger to go into druid. In a raid, a pure DPS condi ranger might get up to 18k DPS. A condi druid is likely to get 15k dps, and thats while also providing healing to his time and buffing with Glyph and Grace. when you consider how little the condi druid gives up and how much value there is in the heals and the buffs there is no question of which is better.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Raid condi build

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Thanks everyone, i’ll stick with my Zealots/Clerics setup for now. I need to get a condi class setup with ascended gear so that i can be available for multiple roles. I’ve got my ranger, a rev and now i’m thinking either a berserker or (most likely) a necro.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.