Rampager Longbow: Hybird Glass-Cannon

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Using the Rampager stat, Sharpened Edges, Longbow/Torch multi-tick skills.

Edit to add build editor linky:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8fjEqQNL2sCusAVLGMEqP3v9av3gUvF4AY0bgCWVA-TVyCAB1pbpRlgAcQBs4IFc3+DK8AEiU9nqU+N9FAIAACwO3Z6sOjO351re1re1re25O35O35OLFwdLrA-w

Precision as major stat and getting ~90% crit chance while under fury boon. Why?

*Free 50% crit dmg
*Hunters Tactic’s
*Hidden Barbs
*Sharpened Edges
-Rapid Fire
-Barrage
-Bonfire
-Madking Runes/Entangle

*Wilderness Survival
-Lots of dmg mitigation for your glass cannon
-Survival Trait for free condi removal/fury/reduce entangle cd
-Sharpening Stone is survival, 5bleeds, insta cast

LB sigils, Sigil of Earth I recommend as 1, optionals:
*torment, possible cover condi, aoe, maintainable
*strength, hybrid dmg boon, easy to meet idc with mutli-ticking/high precision build
*blood, more leeching for a dmg/heal dual effect
*incapacitation, for easy kiting

Sword/Torch sigils, I recommend sigil of leeching as 1, optionals:
*corruption, solid if you can protect your stacks reasonably well
*battle, if you cannot protect your stacks (it is a glass cannon afterall)
*energy, because 2 dodges/2 evades are never enough
*mischief, because you are a funny one

Food, is expensive as all condi based foods are ;-(
*I use primers
*bowl of cactus fruit salad, 40% condi duration, 300ish life stealing 1sec icd(crit% based)
*Toxic Focusing Crystal, 100 condi dmg, 10% condi duration

For 3rd traitline:
*marksmanship works great for camping with piercing arrows. Also for targets with too many “minions” to hide behind.
*beastmastery is pretty cool in pvp encounters. Doesn’t add much to the camp flipping experience but the camp is already going to melt so might aswell improve your build with taunt.

Pets: Recommend Wolf, possibly Hound (if you like to lock people down instead of fearing them out of barrage/bonfire)
*Marksmanship
-Carrion Devourer if going marksmanship, f2 is good camp flipper. AA is good source of free poison and devourer is ranged tank so can utilize Refined Toxics for more poison upkeep.
*Beastmastery
-Hawk/Eagle, the bleeds are not spectacular but you can get some blind/weakness spam going and birds are good for snappy taunting.
-Owl, unique condition for the build (cover possibly) and aligns nicely with taunt icd.

Utilities are going to be obvious but here is my list:
*Troll Unguent
*Sharpening Stone
*Optional: Sun Spirit (default for me), Sic Em (cause I love hating stealth), SoS(if things are rough), SotH (for running distances).
*Lightning Reflexes
*Entangle

Vid demonstrating potential. I say potential not skill. I will leave the skill part for the “pros” ;-)
https://youtu.be/JBZy1sicFmA

So again, Why? For the lols ofcoarse !

(edited by Justine.6351)

in Ranger

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Wow using madking rune with rampager is a great idea I gotta test this out.
However it’s probably extremely squishy for possibly not as much dmg as marauder.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Wow using madking rune with rampager is a great idea I gotta test this out.
However it’s probably extremely squishy for possibly not as much dmg as marauder.

It is squish but wilderness survival has some excellent glass-cannon carry traits such as Natural Vigor, Companion’s Defense and Bark Skin.

I cant speak for spvp as I don’t play there other then occasional noob hotjoin. I think the reason I’m currently having any success with condi longbow is more along the lines "oh kitten I’m bleeding to death!’ 5sec after I’ve channeled rapid fire into the enemy. By then they ate ridiculous amount of bleed dmg trying to dodge/evade/los anymore longbow shots before condi cleansing. Its then they are open for condi bombing.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Could please link the build from here for example? ( http://en.gw2skills.net/ ) so we can see the actual numbers instead a video that doesn’t show the actual build you are using?
the video for the HP you show doesn’t fit with full rampager that is around 15K while you show like 19K.
Also you forgot the minor that ad crit chance when you are by the side or behind, and that makes more than 100%.
Also, have you seen mine?

You still get more than 70% crit chance under Fury more than 80% when you are in the side or behind. but you are have more power, condition damage, hp pool and armor. Add more condition duration is actually worthless, you need more damage per tick, no extend the battle to the oblivion.
With a glass cannon build you have to kill as soon as possible.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Its called hunter’s tactics. I did indeed list that which takes from ~90% to ~100%.

Its wvw, I have more hp through guard stacks.

I use condi extender cause my conditions are short already. Extending short conditions is better then making them do a little more dmg. And also its easier to add +50% all conditions, +100 condi dmg and life steal. The food is the correct choice.

I choose Precision main stat because I make near perfect use of it. free 50% crit dmg, near all my hits crit and sharpened edges trait calls for high crit to proc.

I considered sinister stat but I wanted to get 90% + critchance for sharpened edges.

In your build you are getting more power/armor/hp/condi dmg by trimming precision from trinkets, condi dmg from longbow. While I can appreciate armor/hp I generally don’t run gear with those stats, I run traits that help cover those missing stats. As for the zerker bow, that actually makes sense, I may switch to assassin though as I still want to keep precision high.

(edited by Justine.6351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I was running a build similar to this not too long ago. It’s a lot of fun and really strong. Even in SPVP I was able to have good success with it. With a Spike Trap→Entangle→Rapid Fire plus a bird pet attacking I was able to stack up to 31 bleed stacks in just a couple seconds, plus the direct damage with 20+ might stacks on my pet for added F2 taunt burst.

Not many people survive that combo.

My only lament is that you can’t take Sharpened Edges and Trapper’s Expertise. This would be an amazing set up given I already run with Healing Spring and Spike Trap untraited.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Its called hunter’s tactics. I did indeed list that which takes from ~90% to ~100%.

I use condi extender cause my conditions are short already. Extending short conditions is better then making them do a little more dmg. And also its easier to add +50% all conditions, +100 condi dmg and life steal. The food is the correct choice.

Amn ok. But those stacks are gone when you die and do somehow give the wrong impression about the viability of the build.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Amn ok. But those stacks are gone when you die and do somehow give the wrong impression about the viability of the build.

Don’t die, also I did note that if you cant protect your sigil stack you should be using sigils of strength/battle instead.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8fjEqQNL2sCusAVLGMEqP3v9av3gUvF4AY0bgCWVA-TVyCAB1pbpRlgAcQBs4IFc3+DK8AEiU9nqU+N9FAIAACwO3Z6sOjO351re1re1re25O35O35OLFwdLrA-w

I filled out the editor. Note that’s ideal what I will run. I still got 1 ascended zerker earring, celestial ascended backpiece atm, and lols no I don’t got Omni infusions on armor, working on those but they expensive ;-(

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I was running a build similar to this not too long ago. It’s a lot of fun and really strong. Even in SPVP I was able to have good success with it. With a Spike Trap->Entangle->Rapid Fire plus a bird pet attacking I was able to stack up to 31 bleed stacks in just a couple seconds, plus the direct damage with 20+ might stacks on my pet for added F2 taunt burst.

Not many people survive that combo.

My only lament is that you can’t take Sharpened Edges and Trapper’s Expertise. This would be an amazing set up given I already run with Healing Spring and Spike Trap untraited.

Yeah I know! Originally Trapper’s Expertise was slatted to go into master tier but rangers cried about the skirmishing line so it all got mixed around and those 2 traits ended up competing with eachother.

I need to learn how to might stack :-(
I’m thinking about ditching sigil of torment on lb for sigil of strength for easy might stacks. Also I need to start being more intelligent about sword leaping my bonfire for fire aura which = might stacks and burning ;-)

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

Yeah I know! Originally Trapper’s Expertise was slatted to go into master tier but rangers cried about the skirmishing line so it all got mixed around and those 2 traits ended up competing with eachother.

I need to learn how to might stack :-(
I’m thinking about ditching sigil of torment on lb for sigil of strength for easy might stacks. Also I need to start being more intelligent about sword leaping my bonfire for fire aura which = might stacks and burning ;-)

That is frustrating. Trapper Ranger could be a beast if we could get both those traits.

I actually get my pet’s might mostly from Companion’s Might in the BM line. Critical hits grant might to your pet and your pet’s critical hits cause minor bleeding. I was also using Nature Magic over Wilderness Survival for at least one of the variants I tested which meant that my pet got more might from a Sigil of Strength on my longbow. With all that might going to the pet it was super easy to maintain 20+ stacks on it at all times. Plus Protective Ward is really good at preventing surprise bursts when combined with Spike Trap.

My set up was way more vulnerable to conditions though, but Healing Spring’s condi removal seemed adequate for short melee fights, and the build doesn’t have a lot of sustain so I didn’t feel like I needed to prepare for really long, drawn out fights with a condi user. Evasive Purity also helped with keeping poison and cripple off.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

hmmm…
I might try compansion’s might with owl.

I might give nature magic instead a whirl with my carrion devourer/sylvan hound. Does the invigoration bond trait recharge on pet swap?

Edit: Tried and didn’t care for the changes. I like my lil blind/weakness bot eagle at the moment. I’m not very good at pet control so for now the beastmaster style of play is not for me. It certainly looks like the synergy is there for a min/maxer of this particular build concept. Right now though its not for me as I just got my razer orbweaver gaming keypad and its a tough change to swallow atm.

(edited by Justine.6351)

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

I actually have not used Invigorating Bond very extensively. I usually find Evasive Purity invaluable as there is no other way to shake off cripples or poison stacks without blowing my heal, which can both be deadly.

Edit: That is fine, we all have different playstyles. I’ve been doing beastmaster builds for the last year or two, so leading the enemy into pet bursts is kind of my natural playstyle with my ranger now.

(edited by Ehecatl.9172)

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Don’t die, also I did note that if you cant protect your sigil stack you should be using sigils of strength/battle instead.

I filled out the editor. Note that’s ideal what I will run. I still got 1 ascended zerker earring, celestial ascended backpiece atm, and lols no I don’t got Omni infusions on armor, working on those but they expensive ;-(

Thank you very much!!
Now i can see the value you say. Ofc i don’t need to see video, this is theory crafting after all.

Although i still think it’s very glassy and that means you most probably will die a lot. In my server is very difficult to don’t get ganged up by a zerg every time you try to do something, usually we are with the boon of outnumbered. Thus from there i’ve gotten the idea of not to like any kind of stacking sigil/buff.

About strength/battle: Wouldn’t be better fire/air instead? Don’t they do more damage overall?

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Thank you very much!!
Now i can see the value you say. Ofc i don’t need to see video, this is theory crafting after all.

Although i still think it’s very glassy and that means you most probably will die a lot. In my server is very difficult to don’t get ganged up by a zerg every time you try to do something, usually we are with the boon of outnumbered. Thus from there i’ve gotten the idea of not to like any kind of stacking sigil/buff.

About strength/battle: Wouldn’t be better fire/air instead? Don’t they do more damage overall?

I’m hod so we fight nsp/ebay and then face sbi/mag if we win too much and get hammered back into nsp/ebay. Its easy to get wolf packed running solo but really it doesn’t matter what build you run at that rate. Its kinda why I run so glass. When I get into a 1v1 I don’t want it to last to the point bob calls his guild group to run me down.

sigil of fire sucks unless you are power main on all gear and can might stack some. I considered keeping air on lb but I wanted another cover condi.

When I say strength/battle I mean strength on lb and battle on sword. I tested strength on spvp isle against golems and was only bumping 3-4 might stacks. I was hoping for atleast 5 so I’m thinking unless you run NM for +20% boon duration and the minor trait fortified bond (boons you get share to pet) its not worth it.

Do note that in the vid I was running without food/stacks at times and it could still burst somewhat. While I believe sigil of corruption is the best option it certainly is not the only one. I put a list up in main OP for possibly good alternatives.