Range shout build LB/Staff - feedback plz

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

I’ve been running a LB/staff build since the last balance patch. I know some people don’t like the build but I would like feedback anyways. Both builds are close. Been using the build in PvP and WvW.

Here is the new build I’m thinking of switching too.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9sg1CC+CCctgl8ADeu2XHsP1h01UbJAUCWbA-TZRBABxXGYijAAAPCAi2f4hLAAA

Current – http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9sg1CC+CCctgFMBrZZNACAP3gVVFDum+TLqA-TpRBABbcIAIa/h4LD8wDAQjjAAAXAAA

Thanks,
Ghorman

(edited by Ghorman.1368)

in Ranger

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

If you’re going Marksmanship to trait for Longbow – you might want to consider Clarion Bond over Predator’s instinct for the extra Swiftness/Fury/Might on pet swap (further stacked by WHAO).

Most of your DPS is coming from your pets (I imagine you’re running classic Smokescale/Bristleback?) so maximising boon stacking helps their burst.

The usual alternative to Marksmanship is running Nature Magic to increase you (and more importantly your pet’s) boon duration considerably – something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA9sg1CC+CCctglOBDelGT3pOBuAQh7pFEqWYlMtzA-TJBFABAcJAEvMABPBgi2fAA

With virtual perma-swiftness from your combined shouts, I’d personally drop Natural Stride for Celestial shadow. Celestial Shadow = you can pop in and immediately out of Celestial Avatar to res team mates invisibly after a successful Search and Rescue which can be game changing.

Seeing as you’re running 5 shouts, I’d definitely consider going with Rune of the Soldier for the regular Condi-Cleanse. I also prefer Paladin over Mercenary ammy for the extra toughness, but this is subjective.

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

I had NM for awhile with this build and that would mirror the one on metabattle. But I was thinking Marksmanship would increase DPS over NM.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Here is what I run with Marauder as a well balanced offensive shoutbuild.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA1CiNsA+sActgFCB75LMt6ZLluAQVDurOWXrlMtzA-TZBFABLcIAA4CA0++DiXGggnAAA

High ranged pressure combined with the team utility of SnR. Potent ways to escape focus with celestial stealth, traited SoS (which unlike guard stops all damage and wont kill your pet) and the general survivability of staff (mobility, heals) and longbow (stealth).

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

hi please kindly explain why use protective ward? since even you are hit range it will activate making worthless

anyway im using the second build probably the best for beastmaster druid

(edited by EvilZombie.6801)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

hi please kindly explain why use protective ward? since even you are hit range it will activate making worthless

on Bones build the protecton uptime is 6.5seconds/15seconds and the weakness will protect vs stealth melee spikes weakening the following damage.
protective warden triggered + heal as one total time in additon to that if the pet has protection already it increases it to a maximum of 8seconds , or 6.5 after the heal as one cast time.

that triggers grants protection and then using heal as one Buffs that boons Duration while granting any regen ect ect , just using protective warden gives Heal as one a better Sustain recovery rate and a potentional change to gain Aegis too as the pet will be in combat most likely near Guardains or Auramancers.

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

on Bones build the protecton uptime is 6.5seconds/15seconds and the weakness will protect vs stealth melee spikes weakening the following damage.
protective warden triggered + heal as one total time in additon to that if the pet has protection already it increases it to a maximum of 8seconds , or 6.5 after the heal as one cast time.

that triggers grants protection and then using heal as one Buffs that boons Duration while granting any regen ect ect , just using protective warden gives Heal as one a better Sustain recovery rate and a potentional change to gain Aegis too as the pet will be in combat most likely near Guardains or Auramancers.

arh thank you might replace Wilderness Survival for nature magic.

probably new build is NM BM and Druid since i focus more on pet

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

Thanks all for the feedback. Dojo I know in our chat you suggested Celestial Shadow over Natural Stride. I love the run increase so if I switch to travelers rune my power would drop ~150 but I would have 25% run the whole time. Think its worth it?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

You have swiftness all the time already due to traited shouts. This already overwrites those 25%. The 25% or Natural Stride add nothing.