Ranger Aggro

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: Manius.5679

Manius.5679

I dont know how many of you have this problem, but Ill be the furthest person from the fighting, and mobs will go out of their way to take me out. Cant figure out how the aggro works. Read off site that proximity was the trigger, however this is apparently not the case. And even when Im not all out dps’ing I will pull aggro.

Far as the normal question:
Yes I am assisting and not attacking my own target.

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Manius.5679

Forgot to add the question… does anyone know how the aggro works?

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: Stealth.6971

Stealth.6971

No idea, I have the same problem. Ill send in my bear first and sometimes the run past him and attack me.

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Spirits have silly aggro, mobs will skip me and pet to one shot them. Are you a higher lvl, some people were saying that pet holds less aggro at higher lvls

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Manius.5679

Im only 43. And Im more concerned about pulling from warriors and guardians who are on top the mob. Ive been using my pet to add to my dps. Only whip out my bear when I keep getting beat on.

Right now my concentration is power and precision. Have 20 power and 14 precision. All my gear adds to those as well. At 1200+ atk and 38% crit chance. Dont know how that holds up at my level.

Wish someone had a definite answer on how the aggro worked.

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: Jenosavel.1756

Jenosavel.1756

Proximity is important, but I think hp also matters. I’ve noticed when playing on my necro with my elementalist friend that enemies often times run straight past me to target the ele. Since a bear has a very high vitality that might be causing some enemies to prefer you the ranger to the bear. In this case a drake or devourer, which is a high armor pet but more average hp, might work out better for you.

Leaves and Embers - a fan written GW2 novel (complete!)
Servants of Fortuna [SoF] - We serve fortuna; may she grant us a smile.

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I find I have to use dps pet as a starter and let it get in one good hit, then I can fire away with out aggro. However its slow but my ranger is generally feeling slower dps wise as I level up.

Ranger Aggro

in Ranger

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

As far as I can see HP pool and melee factor are main reasons.

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]