Ranger Build - WvW

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Hey there Ranger community. I was wondering if you guys happen to know if there are any new Ranger builds for group comps in WvW. I have checked Metabattle but i’m not sure how reliable that website is.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I just looked at metabattle’s WvW builds, and they are not … what I’d expect. Edit: I’m an idiot, I accidentally clicked on fractals haha. Everything below is redundant.

The conquest build is a great place to start.
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Bunker_Druid

Also a lot of roaming WvW druids use boon duration to keep up ridiculous boons, like nearly perma quickness and protection, stacks of might, etc.

For organized zergs, people usually go all out healing.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

There is quite a few ways of going about it, and the pvp build that fluffy posted is great for roaming and small group stuff. i like celestial gear for that sort of stuff

the Metabattle https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Frontline_Healer works well with any tanky/healing armor for large group stuff.

Or you can glassbow for the lol’s

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I just looked at metabattle’s WvW builds, and they are not … what I’d expect. Edit: I’m an idiot, I accidentally clicked on fractals haha. Everything below is redundant.

The conquest build is a great place to start.
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Bunker_Druid

Also a lot of roaming WvW druids use boon duration to keep up ridiculous boons, like nearly perma quickness and protection, stacks of might, etc.

For organized zergs, people usually go all out healing.

Fluuf that build is for PvP. In WvW the ranger will melt.

This is the standard build you see the most in WvW
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Shout_Trooper_Roamer

Annoying as it is impossible to kill unless you go with the condi meta reaper/chrono/DD/DH… It has a very bad weakness that is immobilise with a couple of cover conditions, then you are as good as dead if your avatar is depleted. Still is the best build for a begginer .

I’m seing lattlely some of dire condi druids, they aren’t dangerous unless they roll the dice with ancient seeds and caught you with your CDs off , but extremely annoying too.

I’m using a custom build that works well for me as roaming solo/small group or zerging. But that tailored build works fine for me because i’m used to it’s faults.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

conquest build works fine (quite well) for roaming and small groups

I use a lot of different builds power, healing, condi, glass they all have strengths and weaknesses you just got to get use to them.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

conquest build works fine (quite well) for roaming and small groups

I use a lot of different builds power, healing, condi, glass they all have strengths and weaknesses you just got to get use to them.

Anything other than full nomad heal druid is beyond useless according to andy. Nevermind that the build he linked is based off the conquest build. And also he doesn’t even play anymore.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Blaspheme no more heathen!
It is written, "Thou shall not question the Divine wisdom of Andu, lest thee be stricken with a most foul affliction. "

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Blaspheme no more heathen!
It is written, "Thou shall not question the Divine wisdom of Andu, lest thee be stricken with a most foul affliction. "

shut up you are making me blush…

Fluufly there i a basic difference between the build you posted (spvp) and wvw one. the amount of cleanses the ranger will have access to.

i’m carrying around 6 cleanses + the full avatar thing and even then they are not enough against a condi reaper. So i say your suggestion is not really a good one. Not a good one by very very far.

I TOLD YOU SO

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Druid hard counters reaper more than any other counter in the entire game, what the heck are… oh just nevermind.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Druid hard counters reaper more than any other counter in the entire game, what the heck are… oh just nevermind.

Yeah sure they do. We are talking about WvW right? As it seems you are talking about PvP were the pewpew druid is pretty strong.

I TOLD YOU SO

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Condi reapers are pretty easy to kill in wvw too for a Druid. Reapers don’t really make for good 1v1 capabilities.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

In open field druid does counter reaper hard, however if the reaper can get you out of position or keep you in close range rip ranger. In wvw

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

In open field druid does counter reaper hard, however if the reaper can get you out of position or keep you in close range rip ranger. In wvw

Yeh, that was like three “balance” patches ago. Now it one of the strongest classes in game with rev and guardian. Our roots do nothing to those monsters so you can’t keep yourself away from them. Not that matters with those 1200 ranged AoE.

I TOLD YOU SO

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Aw, Andu, now I do have to disagree.

1v1 vs a reaper in open field where I see them before they see me, that fight is easy.

Three balance patches ago, who cares.

Lb/gs or LB staff and I will eat them for dinner.

The reaper is not getting the chance to get near me. If you think otherwise, you are out of your mind.

Lb-4

Pet Fear

Repositioning from stealth.

Easy fight.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Everything he’s typed in this forum for like a solid year has been blatantly wrong, it’s like arguing with a rotting dead fish in a tree, trying to explain to it that water is good. It’s already decomposed.

Brb, off to go find a revenant or necro to lose a 1v1 to….

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

it’s like arguing with a rotting dead fish in a tree, trying to explain to it that water is good. It’s already decomposed.

Lol – that is a interesting analogy there Fluff

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: steppjoe.4386

steppjoe.4386

is there any decent build using bows?

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I have a hybrid survival/zerker build that I use with the LB and will change around the staff or GS depending on the situation. I can post a link here later today if you’re interested but basically I use a good bit of healing gear + food and try to balance the rest of the status similar to a bunker build. My overall power is less than the traditional zerker but the survival is far greater.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Longbow is a staple of WvW druids and rangers.

Or did you mean double bows (LB + SB)? Sometimes people post double bow builds here, might be able to find one via google. It’s not going to be a good build, but you can probably make it work.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

steppjoe.4386

I was talking about a longbow build for wvw – I’m new to the game.
I got a guardian at lvl 70 + revenant at lvl 37.

I just made an asura ranger because I always played a bow class in every game I played before.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Everything he’s typed in this forum for like a solid year has been blatantly wrong, it’s like arguing with a rotting dead fish in a tree, trying to explain to it that water is good. It’s already decomposed.

Brb, off to go find a revenant or necro to lose a 1v1 to….

Yet time proves me right again and again… While you keep posting PvP builds for wvw and nobody cares what you have to say in the wvw subforums.

omg Fluufy you are salty… from i that thread were you simply keep defending a very sad wvw video of a asura druid commander pewpewing with the staff from miles away too far even to heal anybody while her squad was doing the work for her… Just let it go, fluufy let it go…

Anyhow i don’t have to prove anything, the readers which follow your or your “buddies” advises will found out soon enough.

Aw, Andu, now I do have to disagree.

1v1 vs a reaper in open field where I see them before they see me, that fight is easy.

Three balance patches ago, who cares.

Lb/gs or LB staff and I will eat them for dinner.

The reaper is not getting the chance to get near me. If you think otherwise, you are out of your mind.

Lb-4

Pet Fear

Repositioning from stealth.

Easy fight.

Seriously Enders? and you are complaining in other thread conditions are OP? Dude Really?

If you fight a competent (not even good) condi reaper you will not be able to shake the condis off, scepter simply will keep 3 different constantly ticking on you just with the AA. He doesn’t need even to get close. It depends on your match, for example most desolation (EU) roamers are amazing players. Now guys i heard there in NA the playerbase is pretty bad, which could explain why that video about the commander druid camping staff from safe distance was considered “good” which could explain a lot of nonsensical i see in this forums.

Anyhow, just as an observation: if you find a reaper roamer most probably that is
a clueless pug, nobody with any experience goes roaming with a reaper unless you are not in a hurry to get anywhere.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If you’re talking about FrouFrou’s video thread where jcbroe hysterically obliterated your opinion piece by piece, she plays EU.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

“I read the wind. Shots were fired, and there is salt in the air.”
- The Legendary, Bearbow Bandit.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

steppjoe.4386

I have a hybrid survival/zerker build that I use with the LB and will change around the staff or GS depending on the situation. I can post a link here later today if you’re interested but basically I use a good bit of healing gear + food and try to balance the rest of the status similar to a bunker build. My overall power is less than the traditional zerker but the survival is far greater.

please post your build

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Pff Anduriell, wow, really? You were the one posting pvp 1v1 or 5v5 builds for ppl asking zerg-builds like a year ago, which I pointed out back then already.
It’s all good helping fellow rangers out, but not if you don’t know what you’re talking about and stating it as if you know all.
In my oppinion Fluffball hasn’t said anything false or wrong.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I would have to fur up pretty badly to die with this build. Think I’m gonna try this out. Before that though, I think I need some more 1v1 experience on LB.

Crit rate don’t seem to be a problem since I’m not going to be the one doing the damage anyway (Bristleback OP), though it’s probably rather easy to get Fury when I need it.

(I run this though, because I’m broke:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnUqA1Ci9rAOsActglZBD+fWQfoOTt5UW7JAUn+WlI9zA-T1hEwAYV2RVpwM1fut/AClgAMBdSXApAiYkF-w)

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Cancel your knockback to bait dodges until you actually want to burst or create a gap.

Use stealth to reposition or juke enemies as often as possible. Personally, I don’t really use it for offensive purposes.

Rapid fire to bait dodges or burst damage with quickness from pet swaps.

Auto attack from range to bait dodges and do decent poke damage.

Barrage rarely. You will be revealed if an enemy steps into the arrows while you are in stealth. I mainly use it after knocking an enemy back to cripple while they try to close the gap. Also, cast it on yourself to discourage thieves from attack from stealth.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Cancel your knockback to bait dodges until you actually want to burst or create a gap.

Use stealth to reposition or juke enemies as often as possible. Personally, I don’t really use it for offensive purposes.

Rapid fire to bait dodges or burst damage with quickness from pet swaps.

Auto attack from range to bait dodges and do decent poke damage.

Barrage rarely. You will be revealed if an enemy steps into the arrows while you are in stealth. I mainly use it after knocking an enemy back to cripple while they try to close the gap. Also, cast it on yourself to discourage thieves from attack from stealth.

Not sure what this has to do with builds, but this is solid advice for how to play LB.

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Thanks shadowpass.

Ranger is still new to me. While S/D allows a lot of margin for error, LB’s lockdown is great for pressure. The intricacies of LB escaped me completely, and what you said will probably save me around 300 games/many hours in WvW flopping around.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Ranger Build - WvW

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Thanks shadowpass.

Ranger is still new to me. While S/D allows a lot of margin for error, LB’s lockdown is great for pressure. The intricacies of LB escaped me completely, and what you said will probably save me around 300 games/many hours in WvW flopping around.

Your welcome! I’m going to create a thread to answer any gameplay questions people have about ranger. I don’t play Guild Wars 2 anymore but I have years of experience since launch on the class and would still like to help out the community. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.