Ranger Changes on August 20, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Ranger:

• Swoop: The charge portion of this skill no longer spams “miss” while running toward an enemy.
  • Juvenile Lynx—Rending Pounce: Updated the bleed skill fact to display the proper amount of bleeds.
  • Frost Spirit: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Cold Snap: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Sun Spirit: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Solar Flare: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Stone Spirit: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Quicksand: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Storm Spirit: Added a radius skill fact.
  • Call Lightning: Added a damage skill fact and a radius skill fact.
  • Crippling Talon: The projectile thrown will now travel the full distance when traited with Off-Hand Training.
Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

God I hope they have a patch planned right after this tournament is over. Going to be a hard fight winning people back from FF

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

At least they fixed crippling Talon. that perma 900 range was annoooooying xD

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Following this subforum’s cynicism, any patch without a nerf is a good patch :P

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

True that anything not a nerf is good.

But come September, it could either be good, or really, really bad. Thank goodness for fixing Crippling Talon though finally, it bugged the hell out of me haha.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

No the correct response is this;

SEE!!! I SAID ANET NO CARE BOUT US! AGAIN THEY DO NOTHING BOUT DES TERRIBLE CLASS!! Y THY NO JUS DELETE?!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

No the correct response is this;

SEE!!! I SAID ANET NO CARE BOUT US! AGAIN THEY DO NOTHING BOUT DES TERRIBLE CLASS!! Y THY NO JUS DELETE?!

Actually, an average response on these forums should be a combination of both of those, plus rant about both people complaining about the state of this class and about people not complaining about it.

Personally, I’m not surprised with lack of changes in this patch, and I’m not actually expecting anything major from the 1st patch post-PAX, it may take the next one to cause any disturbance in the class balance.

God I hope they have a patch planned right after this tournament is over. Going to be a hard fight winning people back from FF

I still can’t help but wonder, why is it exactly that people believe that FF is going to change so much on the MMO market. Has everyone already forgotten that this game had already been released once? And that it easily took one of the top spots on the list of “greatest failures on the MMO market ever”?

I’m not saying it’s not going to be good, but before it achieves any major success its first challenge is to convince people who already had “pleasure” of playing this game those 3 years ago.

(edited by Searban.5984)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

So funny throwing crippling talon at 1200 range… takes like 3 seconds to travel that far xD

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Changes, what changes?

On a serious note other than the living story having almost 0 story involved is a good patch. Maybe I am the only one who cares, but skill facts need a lot of polish and I’m really happy with that.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Changes, what changes?

On a serious note other than the living story having almost 0 story involved is a good patch. Maybe I am the only one who cares, but skill facts need a lot of polish and I’m really happy with that.

Skill facts are something you have an intern do though. If the wiki has the right information, that’s really all I want. They’ve said they have a patch slated for the Tuesday after PAX. I’m condifend that one will be overloaded with ner… patch notes. Couple more weeks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

It’s not like the crippling talon change even matters, the skill only functions properly at point blank range anyway. I’m just glad to see we didn’t get nerfed like I thought we would.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Changes, what changes?

I thought the story was good and fun, but then again i don’t seem to be nearly as picky as half the people on these forums are…

On topic! Yeah, we didn’t really get any changes… it’s nice to have the radius stuff though on the spirits, that’s nice, i’m hoping there’s going to be some big changes when the patch hits after the tourny though!! AKA September 3rd. Said patch will determine whether or not i make another ranger character or if my new character is a mesmer/engi xD

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna