Ranger Changes on August 6, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Ranger:

• Entangle: Updated the damage and immobilize skill facts to reflect the actual amount of pulses.
  • Sharpening Stone: Counters will no longer decrement on every attack going, but only on attacks hit, evaded, missed (from blind), or blocked. The buff provided when this skill is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
  • Keen Edge: The buff provided when this skill is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
  • Precise Strikes: This trait now functions correctly with Remorseless.
Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

A few bug fixes and tool tip updates. Precise Strikes now works with Remorseless which is good! Nothing too exciting, but no nerfs either :P

I like this

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

So, how does sharpening stone work when active during an attack that already applies a bleed? Double bleed or are the charges still wasted?

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

So, how does sharpening stone work when active during an attack that already applies a bleed? Double bleed or are the charges still wasted?

Yes, it should be double bleed. Patching atm, though so I can’t confirm 100%.

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It always doubled them didn’t it? It was just an issue with splitblade and consuming the charges but only granting 1 additional bleed.

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

Yes, it was always like that. It was splitblade that was bugged.

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’ll test it out in a second with my build

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

k tested it, Split Blade now works fine with Sharpening Stones

Though Keen Edges will still overright SS if you let it

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

Not a direct ranger change but a buff to Valkyrie remorseless builds.

The rune of exuberance is vitality based the 2 piece is 3% of your vitality is converted to healing power, 4 piece is 3% of your vitaly is converted to precision 6 piece is 3% of your vitality is converted to power.

With the new rune set could Valkyrie builds could become more popular?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The rune of exuberance is vitality based the 2 piece is 3% of your vitality is converted to healing power, 4 piece is 3% of your vitaly is converted to precision 6 piece is 3% of your vitality is converted to power.

I would think more people would prefer the toughness of knights/cavalier over valkyrie. That’s the case for me anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

I would think more people would prefer the toughness of knights/cavalier over valkyrie. That’s the case for me anyway.

I prefer a mix. Im like 1/4 zerk, 1/2 knight, 1/4 valk when i roll in zergs! makes for a great balance. Like 75% the dmg of full zerk, but far more tankiness

in Ranger

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

Most builds I see that have Remorseless have either a combination or just Valkyrie gear. I have 4 pieces Valkyrie and 2 pieces knight. You could get 8% of your vitality to contribute to power, if you take the trait as well. It’s not a direct buff but it could very well help some builds that focus on vitality deal a bit more damage. It may be ideal for some builds because it buffs your vitality and your damage output.

I figure that the theory crafters/number crunchers will figure out if it is worth while or not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Warcat.3692

Warcat.3692

Has there been any mentioning about the fact that our pet now is in ‘I dont care you die’ mode as default?
Or any mentioning about excatly what ‘guard’ is?

Changing the pet from default ‘hit my target’ to defalut ‘im sleeping and dont care’ is a pretty big change.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Hmm I haven’t seen those issues, Warcat. Perhaps your pet is set to passive? And I’m not sure what the question is regarding “guard”.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

Has anyone else noticed since the update yesterday that the little white arrow streaking from the bow to its target animation is different/less. When running around fighting alone in PvE it is fine, but in bigger battles it is almost completely gone and the animation starts farther away from the bow. It’s frustrating because other players ranged attacks are still perfectly visible. (Ex. the pink lighting bolt from Mesmers swords) It looks like I’m not even shooting anything. I even have the new “Effect LOD” checkbox unchecked. Feels like I’m shooting blanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Has anyone else noticed since the update yesterday that the little white arrow streaking from the bow to its target animation is different/less. When running around fighting alone in PvE it is fine, but in bigger battles it is almost completely gone and the animation starts farther away from the bow. It’s frustrating because other players ranged attacks are still perfectly visible. (Ex. the pink lighting bolt from Mesmers swords) It looks like I’m not even shooting anything. I even have the new “Effect LOD” checkbox unchecked. Feels like I’m shooting blanks.

Yep, I have it too. Never used to happen—-but now—no arrow streak animation (as you have described). I have also so experienced it in a varity of situations.
I never had a problem with it before.