Ranger Class - We would like to get an update pls

in Ranger

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Please help me understand what is going on with our beloved ranger class.

1. Why were we left out in the patch notes. It cannot be that we have no bugs. There is a huge list of bugs complied and ready for you to fix here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Bug-List

2. Why are the developers not responding to any threads in ranger forum (other then to lock down threads) Current rangers have alot of issues, and we are starving to hear what is going on with our beloved class. We would like to know the direction Anet is taking with the class. And how they plan to fix the many bugs and issues rangers face. But there is a deafening silence.

3. Is the ranger class dead? Other then to fix an animation bug that no ranger noticed and that nerfed our most viable build with the 1 weapon that is not sub-par. And to fix entangled recharge time. We have not heard anything or seen any fixes to our multiple bugs or balancing issues. In fact, it seems that the warrior is being buffed to take over and do better most, if not all, of our ranger roles.

I am sure, many others have many other things to say about the ranger class.

For me, I just want a response. Please tell me why ranger is not being fixed as much as other classes. And the direction and plans for the class.

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I’m having trouble having fun with the event because of the lack of any attention to the only class I play. I just want to hear that rangers are being worked on. Something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

while i partially agree, your being too angry, a polite approach would have been more productive

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

not calling out JP per se, but some sort of response would be appreciated.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

while i partially agree, your being too angry, a polite approach would have been more productive

For the most part, we are being polite. However rangers have several glaring bugs and underpowered weapons, and we were the only class left out on this patch. People just want to hear something from the developers about the status of the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tommytoons.2481

Tommytoons.2481

I stopped playing my ranger a while back but I have read many post about the nerf and lack of attention. Is it that bad? I’m seriously scared to go get on him atm lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

I dunno, Ranges took the SB nerf pretty hard, and we sat there and crossed our fingers “Anet will not leave us hanging, SB may be gone, but we will get something soon…”

Ranger is litterally the only class that did not recieve changes this patch, tbh, I would perfer a nerf to nothing, Its like we dont exist. A proffesion filled with nothing but robots. Odd for a class supposed to be dedicated to nature.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I love my ranger. Adore her even. Unfortunately, I’ve had to roll a guardian just to be able to keep up with everyone else. My ranger is broken. Please fix her anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: MinkoAk.7049

MinkoAk.7049

Until a few weeks ago I assumed rangers were on par with the other classes, even underwater where half our skills don’t even work (even one of our healing skill). Then I rolled a warrior, looked at underwater skills, laughed and gave up hope on the ranger. Can we have something about them ? Anything, I’d be satisfied with a “We don’t like rangers, they can rot in the Underworld for all we care”…

Edit : Well, a couple weeks ago anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Brannoncyll.1978

Brannoncyll.1978

I too would appreciate something from the devs regarding the state of the ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

I love you.
<3

just so you know.

in Ranger

gadenp.7586

I do not think we are doing anything wrong here. We are being polite and we are not accusing Anet (for the most people) of anything.

We, or the people still playing the ranger class, truly want to know where the class stands and thus where we stand. I do not think that is too much to ask. I truly hope that Anet will not take it the wrong way, and that they will keep us updated on their plans for the class.

Good communication is a 2 way street. We are bring a legitimate question to their attention. All we want is an honest answer on where we stand. Just answering us, and engaging us in conversation will do wonders.

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

they dont have to pull it, if we can be polite and patient (a little persistent, not annoying persistent, but pleasant persistent) i feel confident we can get a quick response

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Wait a minute, are you telling me are not allowed to ask for our bugs to be fixed? Did ANet actually say that? If so, I’d like to see it for myself because that would be a pretty significant thing. People who play rangers paid just as much for this game as those who play other classes…we deserve to have our issues addressed as well.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

When did rangers break? This is news to me. I’ve been maining a ranger since headstart, have been level 80 for weeks and have 100%’ed the world and am still having fun.

The only problem I’m having is the uselessness of pets as anything other than a temporary meat shield but I can live with that.

You’re mentioning the underpowered nature of some weapons and I might agree with you, but I adapted to that and can still take down a fair bit on my own (including a champion) with nothing but a short bow and an axe/torch.

The SB nerf wasn’t that bad, I’ve hardly noticed any difference at all. Come to Australia, home of the 250ms ping (if you’re lucky). I guarantee that 40ms is nothing.

Underwater? Do you use a speargun? The bleeds I can stack with a shark pet is ridiculous – health just melts off stuff.

Downed skills are the terrific. I’ve killed a veteran from three quarters health in a downed state by getting my pet to keep me alive just by licking me.

I’ve not had an issue with Entangle. It’s my normal elite skill. For what it does I think the cooldown is just about right.

But if you’re talking about Rangers from a purely PvP point of view… I can’t help you. What’s to say that the skills aren’t about to have a major divergence and get split into PvE/PvP versions just like GW1. That might fix a lot of problems you’re having from that side.

But for PvE, Rangers are just fine.

in Ranger

gadenp.7586

@Snoflake

Thank you for your feedback. The issue here is not how bad the ranger class is. There are many discussions on many issues on the ranger sub-forum.

For this thread, we (or at least I) would like to highlight the lack of updates and communication on the bug and other issues that rangers are facing.

And to engage Anet in constructive conversation of the direction of the class that many of us love. As well as to find out, what they are doing concerning the ranger class.

Thanks and Regards.

in Ranger

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

ANY kind of update if Ranger fix is coming WOULD BE nice at least!!

Please!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I couldn’t believe that there was no mention of ranger in the update notes. Every other class received fixes to bugs or other changes. Yet nowhere was ranger mentioned. I was sure I had somehow skipped that part of the notes, but after double-checking I couldn’t believe it…..nothing for rangers. I was at least hoping for a fix to the pets F2 activation delay.

But by far the most concerning issue is the lack of communication from ANET. It gives players the impression that no one is listening, no one understands our concerns, no one cares about the issues. I’m not saying this is true… I’m saying that’s the impression the community is getting.

We just want to hear something, anything… even if it’s just “We’re aware of the issues and are working on some fixes.” “At this time we feel the ranger class has no problems and is competitive with any other class.” “We don’t plan on fixing rangers anytime soon.” Good, bad, otherwise … we just want to get some word from the devs about plans for the ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

And remember keep this thread CLEAN!

AN Shut down the thread about the SB/Crossfire nerf when it got out of hand, so PLEASE keep this clean and on topic!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

- The ranger getting consistently nerfed throughout betas, okay I can deal with that.
- Rangers getting promised a utility skill overhaul and 3 missing utilities and getting nothing but the 3 shouts and spirit nerfs, disappointed.
- 2.5 months of nothing but nerfs a minor tweaks, sure… whatever. It’s not getting worse.
- Shortbow nerf to fix a mechanically insignificant visual bug no one saw… Frustrated.

At this point I I was feeling like “Okay, they have a plan. They can’t leave an entire profession this borked for long.”

- Big patch happens and the words “Ranger” and “Bow” are nowhere in the entirety of the patch notes…

I’m pretty thoroughly exasperated with the ranger. Specific problems are well documented. Anet even pointed one out, Shortbow is all about 1 spam. Unfortunately even though it is apparently ‘not fun to 1 spam’ it’s still the only viable thing to do with a shortbow post nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Think of it like this- at least we didn’t get nerfed even MORE right? right? * rocks back and forth in chair maniacally. *

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Think of it like this- at least we didn’t get nerfed even MORE right? right? * rocks back and forth in chair maniacally. *

Technically, pvpwise, it’s still kid of a nerf if the other classes get buffs. cough warrior cough

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Necro here.

/Brohug

in Ranger

MinkoAk.7049

-snip
You’re mentioning the underpowered nature of some weapons and I might agree with you, but I adapted to that and can still take down a fair bit on my own (including a champion) with nothing but a short bow and an axe/torch.

-snip

Underwater? Do you use a speargun? The bleeds I can stack with a shark pet is ridiculous – health just melts off stuff.

I’m only going to answer to these parts, as it illustrates very well what I think.

First about underwater since I brought it up. I didn’t say we were bad underwater, I actually like the speargun, but seriously, we lack utilities… I haven’t checked how many skills each profession has underwater, but we can only use 2 healing skills, 11 utilities and 2 elites. Healing skills I can live with it, and I can understand how healing spring might not work, though they could slightly change how the skill works underwater but whatever.

Elite skills… As you said, Entangle is a great elite and there is no reason why it should not work. Warriors have floating banners, why can’t we have algae or something like that immobilizing enemies ? Though our two other elites work well so there is no emergency here either

Utilities. Okay, now here is the joke part. I don’t know for you, but in most situations except for survival skills and trap skills, I think our utilities are not that good. Our signets are ridiculously underpowered compared to other classes, spirits are fragile (even traited), which we can supposedly live with, but their passive effects only work at a relatively close range, effectively limiting dramatically their usefulness… Now we’re left with out three survival skills. Maybe signet of the wild if you need some regen, but well, four skills. Not much of a choice.

The problem of the weapons. Heh, most of our weapons are fined. The shortbow is still efficient, the main-hand axe is awesome, I like most of our weapons actually. I’ve only got problems with the main-hand sword which is not practical to use and the off-hand axe which I find a bit lacking. Also, the greatsword might pack enough of a punch, but it is still usable =).

Pets… are actually fine. they just lack responsiveness on the F2 skill and mobility while using their auto-attack (not so sure about this one though).

Now I am not saying the ranger do not have some very good options, just that they are not varied at all. The philosophy of “just deal with what you are given” does not work.. If I am given three options I don’t want to just have one of them viable. I want to be able to use all three of them. So what most people are complaining about is the lack of variety for rangers, the lack of balancing and most of all the lack of information. You can’t tell me when you read the patch note that it doesn’t look like a joke…

in Ranger

gadenp.7586

This is extremely disappointing and sad. Instead of answering or flagging the topic for review by developers, they stashed it in the ranger forum.

This same forum in which they have not given us any reply to for the longest time to any of our posts. The last reply was to shutdown the SB Changes Discussion Thread.

I guess, in a way, that informs us (or me at least) what we need to know.

It seems at the current moment our voices don’t seem to matter. I was inspired and I did try. But in the end, I guess we cannot break free from the ranger sub-forum (purgatory). I will still try to keep hope that they will answer us. But I was brought up to never beat a death horse and well the ranger forum is like a dead horse.

(edited by gadenp.7586)

in Ranger

MinkoAk.7049

This is extremely disappointing and sad. Instead of answering or flagging the topic for review by developers, they stashed it in the ranger forum.

This same forum in which they have not given us any reply to for the longest time to any of our posts. The last reply was to shutdown the SB Changes Discussion Thread.

I guess, in a way, that informs us (or me at least) what we need to know.

This is extremely disappointing and sad. It is so really really sad. As much as I try to believe what Anet says about how they treat customers, for me at least, the picture currently looks quite different.

It seems at the current moment our voices don’t seem to matter. I was inspired and I did try. But in the end it was not meant to be. I will still try to keep hope that they will answer us. But I was brought up to never beat a death horse and well this is now a dead horse.

I don’t like saying this like this, but you’re a bit of a paranoid you know. Sure there is no news and this is quite badly handled, but still I cannot believe they do not hear us or anything, they are just not commenting…

What did you expect ? You post a ranger topic in the general discussion when there is a ranger subforum. This was unavoidable.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

I was 1st in the side on dont reroll a warrior just play what we have here, now I am on the side of just reroll a warrior since Anet gonna buff that class into even developers can play that. I think at this point Anet is satisfied on their perfect balance and bug fix on this prof, and our class will become the true fun of this game is about because we are now the class every other players have fun to beat against.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

(edited by BlusterWolf.2103)

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I could care less about Ranger improvements, balance etc…I just want all the bugs and things that are broken, fixed. One of our elites is broken …I think that deserves some attention.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Agreed, alot of people just want responses to hold hope for the buffs that may come in the future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

+1 completely agree with the OP why do rangers get left out, is it all the botters?

in Ranger

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

Most of the profession fixes today are small tweaks that seem sensible on first glance. I guess that ranger is a bit more difficult, since one of the main problems, particularly in PvP is the pet. So it wouldn’t make much sense to rebalance the ranger based on a non working pet and then to have to do it again when they get the AI working better.

I’m sure that Arenanet have noticed the issues with rangers, but they do like to keep things under their hat until they have a fully worked solution. And the community has to take some blame for lack of communication, as moderate two way discussions that don’t degenerate into incoherence aren’t really possible here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Actracts.1389

Actracts.1389

I, too, must admit that I find the lack of response from ANet a little saddening. For the most part, we’re not asking for any solid facts or even promises. We, the player who love our Rangers and have spent sweat, blood, and tears to even get them to compete in PvE Dungeons effectively, would like to know if ANet has any plans to either buff, nerf, or ignore the profession altogether.

My main is a Ranger, but I’ve also rolled every other class – and I’ve found that it was FAR easier to PvE with the other classes, either in a group or solo, than a Ranger. Even Ele, MM, and Necros – three classes that shouldn’t be able to compete with my Ranger’s physical qualities – were FAR less squishie in mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eldan.4296

Eldan.4296

I agree with OP, leaving out the most bugged and underpowered profession of all in the patch notes seems kind of strange. Why we don’t get any official replies whatsoever concerning this ongoing disbalance issue?

in Ranger

Posted by: nic.5720

nic.5720

I agree with OP.

Any response to the customers in the Ranger sub-forums would be better than the facepalms we’ve been receiving so far.

Anet display a very poor sense of what engaging with the (Ranger) community means.

-1 to Anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leviatana.8107

Leviatana.8107

When I looked through the history almost every time there was a reaction it was when there was a reason to close a topic and only a few topics they actually asked for more constructive feedback on the issue. Wonder what’s going on with the whole radio silence around the Ranger maybe, just maybe they’re actually just looking into it and we’ll see some big changes in upcoming patches. Though that’s possibly just me having a positive view over things for now.

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lobo.1296

Lobo.1296

It’s not just this patch. The last few patches saw either no updates or a significant nerf. Ranger’s ARE that bad right now and need an update.

i would be happy with any carrot right now from Anet saying, “hey folks, we’re working on it. No ETA on anything but we are working on it.” At least then I can level my alts with a clear conscious.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Most discussions involve both parties exchanging words or ideas.

The problem is the Ranger community feels no one is listening. Keep the lines of communication open, please.

Just acknowledge you are here, this is after all your forum. You would think this would be the correct place to address issues.

Think about how you want to be treated before you treat others.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in Ranger

gadenp.7586

Hi all, I have made a posting on reddit as some has requested.

The link is http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11y6bu/ranger_class_we_would_like_to_get_an_update/

As per usual any support is greatly appreciated and hopefully we will get through to someone in Anet that is willing to help us.

in Ranger

gadenp.7586

I guess the reddit post is not needed anymore

Thank you all in this post and across the forum for voicing out our concerns. I hope the post from Jon Peter is a sign of better things to come for our class.