Ranger Elites

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Vortex.3712

Vortex.3712

i was thinking of a new elite or just one merged with rampage as one.

the elite would have a passive and an active effect or just passive

passive- when pet dies gain a small buff to all states
active- sacrifice pet to double state gain from passive ( puts all pets on a 180 to 200 sec cd and stows all pets)
i was thinking this could be added to rampage as one or at least the passive effect.

• understand prob not going to happen has pets are getting a health buff in pve and wvw only, but might be a good change to rangers.

ranger i wish i was lol

Attachments:

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

So you want an elite that relies entirely on the pet death?
I’m not really sure if you are trolling or what …

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

not entirely that’s why i said merge it with rampage as one and just have its passive effect with rampage as ones normal active effect

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes, the passive effect + the current RaO would be nice, but then RaO would be a signet, how it would work with traits, like Signet of the Beastmaster?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

keep it a different type of thing instead of a signet it doesn’t have to be a signet. idk just an idea thought it would be cool because the health thing that a-net said ( splitting pet health’s into 2 one for pve/wvw and another for spvp) is great but what about roaming in wvw increasing health there might make the pets op but in a zerg the increased health is a must….. so this elite might help for this. we are still losing the utility and F2 skill that pets bring if we lose them.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Azuriel.9137

Azuriel.9137

What us Ranger’s really need is an elite trap.
IDK what kind, but it would certainly be nice.

Something like say, The Ranger throws three traps down one in front, one slightly to the left and one slightly to the right.

As far as what they can do, I have no idea. I just want an elite trap that does this.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

How about something like this:
Symbiosis 1.5 second cast, 90 second cooldown, 10 second duration. Switch health and conditions with your pet. Your health becomes his and his become yours. You share all the boons and effects, but not conditions. Put all your signets on 15 seconds cooldown. If you or your pet die during skill or you swap pet during effect of Symbiosis, you both gain Weakness (5 seconds) and Symbiosis ends - counterplay : you share haste, stealth etc. but also hard CC apart from Fear. So either CC one of you or switching target to pet.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

Azuriel.9137 i hear you that would be cool and Symbiosis think sounds fun but not really idk its fun to be a raven or a wolf but 10 secs and swap to pets health which is already way to low its cool but don’t know if its practical

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Tesabella.8321

Tesabella.8321

You know what else would be cool? Being able to stow pets in combat :|

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Or just make Rampage as One really a Rampage as One thing. Like, make it so you and your pet just merges into a single entity and you gain stat bonus depending on which pet you just absorbed.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The sad reality is that said elite would be the best PvE elite for rangers.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Or just make Rampage as One really a Rampage as One thing. Like, make it so you and your pet just merges into a single entity and you gain stat bonus depending on which pet you just absorbed.

That sounds pretty cool, But ill also just take a lower cd on Rampage as one and a rework for the rest.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

Better change it from “pet” to “shout”,
So we could have 20% CDR and instance cast LOL

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered. Worlds will burn. Now at last, on this world, vengeance shall be mine.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Signet of predator

Passive : Improve your pet status and pet have Unshakable.
Active : 1.25sec cast 12.5sec effect your pet gain unstopable and target will alway show red aura on your/your party screen pet hit target alway make cripple/weakness.
125sec CD.

Of couse grand master traits effect also effect master too.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

great ideas Signet of predator pretty neat.

yoshoken.9432

that what i said too so lets see

keep the ideas coming guys

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I heard anet will release new elites someday, what a fun topic. Are you guys saying a transformation where you join up with your pet into one? That sounds so Radagast. I love it.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The sad reality is that said elite would be the best PvE elite for rangers.

( ) Signet: Gain 20 seconds of stability on pet death.

Would never need another Elite for WvW for the rest of the game’s life.

Or, make it an AoE stability, every zerg runs 50%+ rangers, people reject paradigm shift, WvW dies forever.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

Radagast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhosgobel rabbits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I think this should just be a part of the base pet mechanic.

If you lose your pet you get stronger just like Strugar and Chomper essentially.

Sort of like how you have the 5 point trait to make your pet gain quickness when you’re downed, it will make your enemy in pvp think, gives you a buff if your pet dies in WvW, etc.

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

passive- when pet dies gain a small buff to all stats
active- sacrifice pet to double state gain from passive ( puts all pets on a 180 to 200 sec cd and stows all pets)

I like this idea. Make the stat bonus not so big that we’d force kill our pet on CD but enough so that the passive bonus would ease the cost of us losing our pet. And with such a long CD on the active, sacrificing our pet would only be done for bursting the final 20% health of a boss or enemy player. But you’d be without your pet (-40% dps) for a while after. I’m thinking…

passive – when pet dies gain +15% to all stats
active – sacrifice pet to gain +30% to all stats for 30 seconds (cooldown 200sec – all pets unavailable while on CD)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Vortex.3712

yes that is good yup that’s what i was thinking Seras.5702

Ranger Elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

We already have a spirit, survival and pet elite skill. I’d like to see the other skill families get some love. Maybe something like:

Smoke Trap
Dazed: 3s
Blind per second: 1s
Duration: 5s
Trap radius: 120
Effective radius: 180
Combo Field: Smoke
Range: 600 (with Trapper’s Expertise trait)
Cooldown: 180s

Smoke fields are cool in that they’d allow us to stealth by leap/blast finishing via our melee abilities (also some small synergy with remorselessness) or just further make life miserable for melee by blinding them with our many projectile finishers.

I’d also like to see healing spring classified as a trap so we can stop being the (to the best of my knowledge) only class without a traitable heal skill.

Signet of Ferocity:
Passive: You and your pet each gain Fury (5s) and Might (5s) every 10 seconds
Active: Your pet attacks and recharges its skills 25% faster while active. Causes knockdown on first successful hit(8s)
Cooldown: 180s

It’s hard to come up with a signet that doesn’t step on rampage as one’s toes.

“Stampede!”:
Command your second pet to join the frey and attack your target for 10s. Revives your active pet if it is downed. Your pets gain swiftness (10s) and fury (10s).
Cooldown 150s

An ability like this will probably make it into the game at some point. There should probably be a penalty if both of your pets die, but eh. Just an idea

When thinking about this kind of thing, you have to also consider the lore behind the class. I’d think that merging with your pet is too magic-oriented for rangers in guild wars

(edited by Doug.9628)