Ranger Fusion

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

Do you guys think we will ever be able to fuse with our pets? I’ve played other MMO’s where this was done but due to terrible support it was really nothing special other than your pet serving as another HP bar for you (think of your bear making you tankier or your leopard making you stealth).

I believe ANET has the resources to push this fusion type a bit farther, or make it simple even. For example if I were to fuse with my Wolf, my #4 short bow skill would fear an enemy instead of dazing him. Basically little changes to skills and conditions or buffs depending on the pet you fused with. Would be fun to see the many combos. I wouldn’t mind being able to fuse with my Polar Bear and have my GS #2 chill opponents as well to getting tankier.

There will be downsides of course, like our pets dying if we don’t know when to break the fusion and switch pets ( or pet switching breaks fusion and puts it on CD).

I haven’t put serious thought into it but I think it would be fun, can’t be worse than spirits lol.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

When me and my brother did the canach explorable with our rangers, everyone was begging us to put away our pets (which we can’t do in combat).

Furthermore, many rangers complain that pets die and then our dps drops.

So if fusion just removed the pet and buffed our stats accordingly, many people would be happy. The idea of replacing one of our skills with a pet themed skill would just be a happy bonus.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

A new ultimate which fused us with our pet for a short time, gaining stats based on which pet it was and gaining its F2 ability as a follow-on ability to the ultimate would be fun

I think thats the best you could hope for though. They’d never make it a perminant option to always have your pet fused because its the entire mechanic of our class.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

They’d never make it a perminant option to always have your pet fused because its the entire mechanic of our class.

There is more to ranger than pets. I mean, we have a FLAVOR. Wilderness marksmen that can dance around their targets with sword drawn as needed. Laying down the traps and summoning the spirits. The pet? we didn’t need it all the time in GW1, I say we don’t need it all the time in GW2.

This is of course not to say I don’t enjoy having my river drake named Fluffy out adventuring with me, just that having the option to leave him at home wouldn’t be a bad thing.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

hmmm….
I’m not sure about fusion idea, but surely some alternative profesion mechanics to ranger cannot be bad idea
but as for me I would rather thing about some trait/skill whatever that would swap ranger pet to alternative F1-F2, which should be af course adequate to ranger profession….
maybe something like preparations from gw1?

EDIT I got it!
alternative F1 would be “camouflage” – stealth until: atacked, atack, or move – when breached have 1 min cd.
but I have no idea for rest of alterniative mechanics skills… not now anyway….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

(edited by Lord Trejgon.2809)

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Pseudosilver.7436

Pseudosilver.7436

They won’t do anything like this, since it would make the Norn racial skills redundant. Our were-forms look like we bond with our pets since it replaces both our toons for the duration. Have a bear out, bear disappears and I turn into werebear. Always looks cool.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I don’t think he is talking about turning wereanything when fusing. Basically the pet disappears and the ranger gains a buff, not mutating into something else. I’ve been wanting the ability to stow the pet since I realized I couldn’t perma-stow the pet or stow during combat.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

i dont like the idea of pets changing the 1-5 skills on my bars.

what i do want is a passive pet-specific buff for keeping my pet stowed (and it stays stowed in combat). the buff would improve damage to compensate for not having it out and the flavor would be dependent on the family or type of pet.

(if you stow your pet)

• “spirit of the wolf”: increases damage done by 15% and adds a 2% chance to knockdown your opponent on hit.
  • “spirit of the cat” increase damage by 15% and increase crit by 2%.
  • “spirit of the bear” increases health by 15% and 2% chance to shrug off a condition.
SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Taran Redleaf.7912

Taran Redleaf.7912

Sounds like changing the Ranger into a WoW Druid. No thanks. I didn’t like Druids in WoW and I don’t want to play one here.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Lots of people would love it, Taran. Myself included. The proposed changes in this thread would still allow for the pet if you wanted it.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

I suggested this before. I think for starters they can make one new symbiotic pet (something ghostly) and give it a fusion f2, call it possession.

Ranger Fusion

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

my #4 short bow skill would fear an enemy instead of dazing him

Shortbow#5 you mean (#4 cripples)
:)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe