Ranger Hate...

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

Why is there so much of it?

I just recently returned to GW2 after a long breakittenep hearing things like Rangers aren’t good for any game play.

I primarily pvp and WvW and keep hearing Rangers are pretty terrible. And I do see that they are under represented. In WvW I think I have really only seen maybe 10 other Rangers in the last 2 weeks.

I was told yesterday that most Ranger players are kittene but they still mostly win with LB and that is why people hate them.

I don’t really buy into the whole underpowered mind set but just curious where all this came from?

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

To be honest, in WvW the Ranger isn’t so much bad as there are many classes that are outright better. It’s because of this comparison that Rangers are ‘bad’ by comparison. In reality, (so long as we’re talking about WvW) I agree we’re in a pretty solid place.

Edit: Expansion!
In PvE and PvP the ranger IS in a pretty bad spot. Both have different problems and need slightly different solution, but in reality the class leaves a lot to be desired in the upper tiers of both game modes!

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

(edited by Nachyochez.9758)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Padra.1678

Padra.1678

Like Nachyochez said ranger is not a bad class its just that all the other classes out outperform it in almost every area. This is true across both wvw and pvp but it is especially glaring in pvp. In wvw rangers fair slightly better because the environment allows them to take much better advantage of their massive 1500 range and player who is skilled at kiteing with longbow is a match for most (not mesmer or guard) of the other professions. In pvp rangers are weak for a few reasons: First, they can not take advantage of their range on any map except foefire. Second, they bring no worthwhile support to their team. Third, because of a grievous lack of peeling ability once they are attacked they cannot escape from any of the other professions without assistance.

I would like to add that I have been playing ranger since the first beta and despite everything I have said I feel like ranger does have a niche in pvp (its just very dependent on the other members of the team) and I do not think of the class as seriously under powered. It just needs a few things.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

The greatest lack is in team support for both PVE and PVP, we are and maybe always will be, a fairly selfish class in that we can buff ourselves/our pet but don’t give much to a party. even our self-buffing capability is weak in comparison to other classes.

don’t get me wrong, i love my ranger and tbh in 2+ years of playing i’ve never been kicked from a dungeon or fractal run. as long as you know the class well you can contribute to any game mode in some way.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

ATM rangers are not hated, the hate moved toward mesmers and d/d eles, rangers now are just being ignored.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

you wait till HoT is out large cliffs , bridges , long falls and longer routes to a target/ stairs will improve the Rangers or Ranged users Viability.

Generaly Rangers are crowd control and single target dps , its not really in the rangers Desgin to provide Strong Aoe boon support like Guardain or Fields like a Ele .

but with the current WvW maps everything is open ground , too many routes to flank , means rangers can;t provide a safe location for regrouping allies using a combo of Multipul healing springs, which right now can just be Zerg balled through with no regards to the enviroment its too open even though rangers shine in open group there is no where for people to play defensive apart from towers or camp arch ways.

We are going to need more Ranged pressure in the new WvW maps , to avoid a Lemmings Situation or the zerg getting pinned into a cliff corner with only one way down , ether die pushing through or jumping off a cliff , so Ranged CC will be a effective role .

ps don’t use full zerker , its better to use a mix of Cav,beserkers and Assasin weapons with quickness buffs for super speed to easly run away before you even get hit.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Power ranger in sPvP is quite solid..pretty good, not amazing but they are deadly and a well skilled ranger can deal with about any class 1v1… now all the other builds for ranger are trash thou… spirits are long dead, traps aren’t worth it, condi is not as strong as other classes condi. Power is BY FAR the best and pretty much only build I see in PvP – that’s a problem

WvW – yea they aren’t impressive at all here. They can solo roam, thats about it. But what freaking class can’t??. Not as good as a backliner or front liner as other classes and not as good for support in team roaming either so best options if you want to WvW as ranger is solo roam or backline DPS zerg with LB.

PvE – ya, sucks. not the worst, but close enough lol. Limited group utility. average dps. nothing special. They can do just fine as most classes, but they don’t excel at ANYTHING.

Overall, ranger is not great , its very much a subpar – average class. Excels at nothing, isn’t terrible at anything… just average lol

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Ranger is very well balanced in pvp at the moment. Rangers have never been able to put this many tools together in one build. Ever. Not even when spirits were meta. Not even when traps were meta. Ever.

Ranger’s pve dps is actually much better than it’s getting credit for. Check out this thread if you’re interested in knowing more. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Condi-PvE-Ranger/first. Damage is not what holds ranger back in pve content. It all has to do with what utility we bring for dungeon runs. Currently everything dies so fast that the extra damage from spotter and frost spirit does not make anything die noticeably faster. The second problem is that we aren’t able to truly help speed up the trash skips. We don’t have enough on demand blast finishers to stack stealth. We can’t provide it.

Rangers are still good in wvw for roaming and small scale skirmishes. Still. Actually stronger there than they were before for the reasons mentioned above. More tools in one build. I personally believe that post 6/23 we also have the capacity for more varied responsibilities in zerg busting groups, but I’m not sure anyone is pushing ranger in that direction.

Ranger is a low skill floor class. LB damage is safe, reliable and easy to land. Especially when you factor in a pet. The enemy dodges the pet and eats the rapid fire. Or they dodge the pbs and take a brutal charge to the face. Post 6/23 the ranger skill ceiling has been raised. Quite high. Most ranger players aren’t taking advantage of that though. They came in on the ground floor and they’re pretty happy to stay right there. This isn’t a unique issue to the ranger class. What does hurt us though is what goes on at the top level of play. Again, wvw, I think with our new tools we are probably an efficient choice for zerg busting game play. Anyone out there doing that? We are definitely capable of high level pvp play. Look at Talgo. And we definitely dish out plenty of dps in pve. We just don’t make speed runs more efficient.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s a mix of raw hatred over how hard longbow hits in the large open fields of WvW, being completely tired of losing fights because kitten zerker Rangers rallied your enemies, and the fact that Ranger has really poor aoe and support capability making them not at all worth bringing in a zerg.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

It’s a mix of raw hatred over how hard longbow hits in the large open fields of WvW, being completely tired of losing fights because kitten zerker Rangers rallied your enemies, and the fact that Ranger has really poor aoe and support capability making them not at all worth bringing in a zerg.

and that is the reason why i play a immobilise Role with Cav/Zealots gear combined with Valk trinkets for Hp.

i do have a LB with a Sword + dagger and LR mostly to dive into a zergs flanks where its thin and apply the most effective Mobility CC to what the situation requires muddy terrain and after Entangle , using sword and LR to evade back into a safe location while being Tanky with oak heart Wk , Remoreless , beastmastery build with heal as one i can provide swiftness for those who are also flanking plus heal up when i need it while using Surival skill to evade+proc Vun and Immobilise targets.

honestly those people that say go Full zerker with that old trash Sos, Lb/Gs build is only good for one thing Roaming/camps , i;d rather have more rangers of my build type than that of a glassy easy kill rally bot.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Fwiw, I main a warrior and play a few other classes (not ranger). I’m not aware of any hatred against the class, though it’s often considered an easy class that might get you labelled a scrub using a cheesy class/build if you win and a speed bump if you don’t. Warriors get that all the time due to the historically low skill floor.

The thing is, I’ve seen some pretty amazing rangers in wvw running a variety of builds. Once you get to a certain level of play, it becomes obvious who’s coasting on an OP class mechanic and who isn’t. Successful rangers aren’t coasting, imo.

I do think rangers could use some party support skills. Maybe that’s what Druid will have, I don’t know.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Honestly, playing this class apart from thief has been the only time I’ve really experienced trash talking/ hate messages from wvw.

Although I love playing the ranger, outside of wvw I always have this nagging thought that other class could perform some other task far better, especially in dungeons. Outside of the beneficial precision and fury toward a low level party, other things aren’t that noteworthy to say what a Guard, Warr, Ele, Mes or thief could do.

Multiple Class Disorder

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Power ranger in sPvP is quite solid..pretty good, not amazing but they are deadly and a well skilled ranger can deal with about any class 1v1… now all the other builds for ranger are trash thou… spirits are long dead, traps aren’t worth it, condi is not as strong as other classes condi. Power is BY FAR the best and pretty much only build I see in PvP – that’s a problem

WvW – yea they aren’t impressive at all here. They can solo roam, thats about it. But what freaking class can’t??. Not as good as a backliner or front liner as other classes and not as good for support in team roaming either so best options if you want to WvW as ranger is solo roam or backline DPS zerg with LB.

PvE – ya, sucks. not the worst, but close enough lol. Limited group utility. average dps. nothing special. They can do just fine as most classes, but they don’t excel at ANYTHING.

Overall, ranger is not great , its very much a subpar – average class. Excels at nothing, isn’t terrible at anything… just average lol

codi builds are not trash.i do very well.i am a full melee ranger just yesterday i killed 4 ppl at one time hit my spike trap popped entangled then bonfire and it was over.i had one match today where i got over 100 points just from getting downed players up because i can res them so fast.its all about the player and there build and how they use it.

master jedi david

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

honestly those people that say go Full zerker with that old trash Sos, Lb/Gs build is only good for one thing Roaming/camps , i;d rather have more rangers of my build type than that of a glassy easy kill rally bot.

Hide in zerg pewpew elitist much?

To op,
Longbow is dangerous especially when you get caught off guard. Not necessarily because it will kill outright, but because it leaves a person vulnerable to any other enemies. Why is this any different then someone else bursting into you? 2k range free casting from pretty much any skill lvl player. And it’s easily hated by allies because not enough group support and rallybot. This is partially why I prefer solo roaming. I don’t have to constantly try and rescue someone with my glass cannon nor do I need someone trying to constantly rescue me. To me its much more fun then running in a group of people that carry me while I run soldier stated longbow thinking I’m something special cause I can’t die with my whole 2 aoe cc skills and selfish buffs.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I just recently returned to GW2 after a long breakittenep hearing things like Rangers aren’t good for any game play.

I primarily pvp and WvW and keep hearing Rangers are pretty terrible. And I do see that they are under represented. In WvW I think I have really only seen maybe 10 other Rangers in the last 2 weeks.

I was told yesterday that most Ranger players are kittene but they still mostly win with LB and that is why people hate them.

I don’t really buy into the whole underpowered mind set but just curious where all this came from?

Ranger is the most broken class in gw2. It’ s ultra weak. No sense playing it.
Me personally i gave up with ranger…it has no sense playing it.
Do something good for yourself man : Don’ t play ranger.
And above all don’ t listen to all those who tell you : ^^eh ranger is strong !!^^
In 10 fights they get rekt 9 times and luckyly they managae to win 1 fight and they say ranger is strong. Sadness.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

And above all don’ t listen to all those who tell you : ^^eh ranger is strong !!^^
In 10 fights they get rekt 9 times and luckyly they managae to win 1 fight and they say ranger is strong. Sadness.

This guy I don’t even understand why he comes to ranger forum. If you dont like the class dont play it, its that easy.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

This guy I don’t even understand why he comes to ranger forum. If you dont like the class dont play it, its that easy.

You can’ t tell me what to do or not to do. It’ s that easy

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Lol, I told you nothing i wasn’t even talking directly to you. Enjoy doing whatever it is you’r doing.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

It’s not easy to tell since people/teams generally arnt used at thinking of rangers in higher SPvP play, especially how things were pre patch june where we had little to contribute with in teamplay. After the trait revamp we have some new options through better trait synergy that is yet to be fully/further tested in higher play, though teams dont have the “guts” (perhaps) to take one for a spin.

But anyway, for instance you can now be fairly offensive with marauder amulet and longbow, and spec defensively so you’re more durable, which is nowhere near the old longbow ranger was before, where you now can be more onpoint. Traits worth mentioning are Beastly Warden/taunt, the condi removal with Wilderness knowledge, Protective ward (protection when taking dmg and give enemy melee weakness), and the trait in Nature Magic that increases revive speed and makes your pet revive ally. The right traits in Nature Magic, Wilderness Survival, and Beastmastery on a marauder longbow/sword&dagger (or with GS) can actually hold its own 1v1, while being useful to Your team by being able to stay onpoint, reach from range, provide party boons, and res people quickly.

But question is always if another class can do it better or better differently, it’s hard to say at this point.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

You do realize how hypocritical you sound saying that right after you say:

“Do something good for yourself man : Don’ t play ranger.
And above all don’ t listen to all those who tell you : ^^eh ranger is strong !!^^”

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I see them in some gvg’s to help the gank and provide some backline pressure.
PvP lb ranger is probably my favorite class to play at the moment. Its pretty well balanced, though can’t fit a burst role as well as a mesmer.

Bad Elementalist

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Every class that requires skill to be played well will be hated by pugs.

I like it that way.

Roll a warrior.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Hide in zerg pewpew elitist much?

To op,
Longbow is dangerous especially when you get caught off guard. Not necessarily because it will kill outright, but because it leaves a person vulnerable to any other enemies. Why is this any different then someone else bursting into you? 2k range free casting from pretty much any skill lvl player. And it’s easily hated by allies because not enough group support and rallybot. This is partially why I prefer solo roaming. I don’t have to constantly try and rescue someone with my glass cannon nor do I need someone trying to constantly rescue me. To me its much more fun then running in a group of people that carry me while I run soldier stated longbow thinking I’m something special cause I can’t die with my whole 2 aoe cc skills and selfish buffs.

Hide in a Zerg>? did you read the part about advancing on the flanks , the only time i;d go back to the zerg is when I;’ve got a Zerg ball Rolling towards my face , that is not being Elitist , that is common sense.

or the timber SoTP or entangle and HaO + a free empty utiltiy slot(SotW if no sotp) ? thats 2-3 shouts + 2-3 mobility CC’s with a quickness Burst on pet swap used for ether resing or Attacking . that is not Selfish at all.

well i prefer guild Group combat with Random people and we do not Practice like those other Gvg guilds we kinda play a Skirmish formation but everyone is still within 400 yards of each other close enough to support one and onther , where the rangers in our WvW Roaming sessions we provide Flanking With CC to create openings + support with shouts , regen and swiftness to those that need it to regroup then using ether Quicken zypher )as a free Utiltiy to super speed out of the way while Damaging.

nothing is wrong with Shooting projectiles as long as your actively helping and downing players while Surviving that is a Successful build and a effective build .

though in your case , you prefer Solo Roaming and you based your comment off that for your opinion.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I also don’t agree rangers are hated, though I think I know what you mean.

They are more often made fun of, or regarded as weak.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

It’s not easy to tell since people/teams generally arnt used at thinking of rangers in higher SPvP play, especially how things were pre patch june where we had little to contribute with in teamplay. After the trait revamp we have some new options through better trait synergy that is yet to be fully/further tested in higher play, though teams dont have the “guts” (perhaps) to take one for a spin.

But anyway, for instance you can now be fairly offensive with marauder amulet and longbow, and spec defensively so you’re more durable, which is nowhere near the old longbow ranger was before, where you now can be more onpoint. Traits worth mentioning are Beastly Warden/taunt, the condi removal with Wilderness knowledge, Protective ward (protection when taking dmg and give enemy melee weakness), and the trait in Nature Magic that increases revive speed and makes your pet revive ally. The right traits in Nature Magic, Wilderness Survival, and Beastmastery on a marauder longbow/sword&dagger (or with GS) can actually hold its own 1v1, while being useful to Your team by being able to stay onpoint, reach from range, provide party boons, and res people quickly.

But question is always if another class can do it better or better differently, it’s hard to say at this point.

id say we rangers have the Strongest ways of resing the downed when it comes to the combination of CC’s/ taunt and Allies Aid (with search and rescue traited) even if you don;t trait the Search and Rescue , healing spring traited with a spike Trap can prevent any Melee attacks while you double res up with a pet while healing and Knocking down + Zyphers speed to super Res while the targets are Kd’ed.

we don;t even need to change weapons to do this , so i find thats a strong Role we do well and even better with the access to quickness if you don’t use Taunt

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

I also don’t agree rangers are hated, though I think I know what you mean.

They are more often made fun of, or regarded as weak.

Yeah that is exactly what I am referring to…especially in WvW in any group greater than 5.

Just returning to the game I was a bit taken a back by how much they are not META.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

i;d rather have more rangers of my build type than that of a glassy easy kill rally bot.

It isn’t that glassy LB is a bad build, it’s that the vast majority of people who use it are terrible pvp’ers who belong in EotM.

Most never cycle out of the bow and consequently get immediately downed because they have no ability to reposition themselves. They aren’t inherently less survivable than full zerk necros or ele’s, it’s just that folks who bring those tend to be better at their respective class. I rarely run into a light backline player treating zerg fights like it’s some form of pve.

Used properly, it’s an incredibly good pressure tool that you can use to keep back line players at arms length since it’s the only class that realistically pressure from beyond necro/ele staff range.

It’s primary weakness is that it can’t hit large numbers of people for spike damage and is completely shutdown by reflects which practically every guardian brings these days. Never mind that zerg + pet = poop.

I honestly never even realized how bad it was till I took a geared up Necro in and the difference was night and day. I do significantly more damage to more people, have much better utility, and once you get used to using shroud and plague form, there’s very little if any survivability lost when bringing 3 wells.

All this while operating from basically the same position in the group. There really wasn’t that much adjustment at all.

I did it begrudgingly but now I just use her as my wvw main.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Point Blank Shot

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Cognitive dissonance from getting stomped in PvP and WvW. One of the natural responses is denial (read: lashing out in ad-hominem).

Ranger is hard to play and takes quite a bit of practice to get really good with. The other classes have a shallower learning curve so players from those get used to slaughtering Rangers which leads to a somewhat inflated ego. The problem occurs when said individuals run into a skilled ranger and get slaughtered. It causes contempt. How did that happen? Rangers are sucky and I just got rolled… You must be cheating. Nice cheese ranger!!!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Volarican.2157

Volarican.2157

Almost every time a few people in WvW decide to duel each other guess what class comes in to try and break it up??? Almost always a scrub LB ranger. Its pretty funny. Thats were my ranger hate comes from.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Almost every time a few people in WvW decide to duel each other guess what class comes in to try and break it up??? Almost always a scrub LB ranger. Its pretty funny. Thats were my ranger hate comes from.

The person is generally coming to help their ally and has no idea you are duelling or the etiquette involved. Since the name was red, there is nothing wrong with it. Probably a newbie that you then trounced and stomped while the ally he came to help just watched. Better off educating than exterminating.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I like it that way.

Roll a warrior.

I don’t understand this way of thinking. If one person is playing <insert any profession except ranger> and another person is playing a ranger, and they’re both equally skilled, the person playing the <not ranger> will outperform the person playing the ranger.

In other words, all professions require skill to be played well, even warriors.

Edit: found a more recent video.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(edited by Quarktastic.1027)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: GodSpeedFist.8642

GodSpeedFist.8642

Third, because of a grievous lack of peeling ability once they are attacked they cannot escape from any of the other professions without assistance.

Yeah I agree on this one… even though for example you have signet of stone / LR + GS #3 its still hard to escape when lots on people unload their skills on you…

Cecilla Alcotte(Ranger)
Fatina Flameheart(Elementalist)
GodSpeedFist(Thief)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: GodSpeedFist.8642

GodSpeedFist.8642

Point Blank Shot

Probably the greatest reason why rangers get so much hate… its kinda frustrating when your dpsing for example a boss inside other profession’s aoe then suddenly the mob/boss went flying to a random direction hahaha

Cecilla Alcotte(Ranger)
Fatina Flameheart(Elementalist)
GodSpeedFist(Thief)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

The number one thing rangers could do to reduce hate is to realize that LB4 is not part of any rotation. I can really tell the good rangers from the bad rangers just by this one simple thing. And from observation, the majority haven’t realized this yet.

There are other things they could do, but this would be a good start.

(edited by Chobits.2430)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I just won the Academy Gaming tournament for a second time playing ranger. Sure other classes bring more damage than ranger does, but a really good ranger can give mesmers and thieves a hard time.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I just won the Academy Gaming tournament for a second time playing ranger. Sure other classes bring more damage than ranger does, but a really good ranger can give mesmers and thieves a hard time.

WoW man, gratz. Where can I watch it?

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twThStfZmE

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Thanx for the link man and GG. Nice to c 2 rangers at the final both doing some nice wrok and good scoring.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

Imo its not that the class is bad or anything its that they lost dmg with last update and dmg is what most ppl care about and Ranger dmg was even before patch lower that combined with the whole noob stamp on the class overall and most ppl spaming “Point Blank Shot” for no reason

I like to say ranger is a easy class to learn but hard to play effective since while other clases has block we have dodge and parries that recuire timing and not just a button press causing many ppl to screw up

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

excellent games dude. love the yellow too

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I like it that way.

Roll a warrior.

I don’t understand this way of thinking. If one person is playing <insert any profession except ranger> and another person is playing a ranger, and they’re both equally skilled, the person playing the <not ranger> will outperform the person playing the ranger.

Will out-perform? Evidence based on thin air I like to call jibber jabber. Especially when rangers got a spot in meta in all 3 game modes. But keep on the QQ, it’s so funny to look at how hard some people fail even in this game.

Oh- also, soloing arah shows player skill, not class. A warrior in a group situation can be played from a brainless kid and be awesome even in speedruns. Record runs a bit different situation, but record runs are pointless and affect the 1% of the GW population.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

excellent games! you where pretty tanky and still putting out decent damage.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I like it that way.

Roll a warrior.

Will out-perform? Evidence based on thin air I like to call jibber jabber. Especially when rangers got a spot in meta in all 3 game modes. But keep on the QQ, it’s so funny to look at how hard some people fail even in this game.

Oh- also, soloing arah shows player skill, not class. A warrior in a group situation can be played from a brainless kid and be awesome even in speedruns. Record runs a bit different situation, but record runs are pointless and affect the 1% of the GW population.

Find me a video of a ranger soloing arah P2 in 21 minutes. Because I looked, and couldn’t find one.

Also, there is no spot for rangers in the current PvE meta.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Ranger Hate
Noun

1. When a player is killed by the most ANET’s most ignored and underpowered class. The defeated player will resort to calling the Ranger a “Noob” or “Pew Pew More, Scrub”.

“Why is there so much (ranger hate)?”
“Because haters gonna hate.”

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Especially when rangers got a spot in meta in all 3 game modes. But keep on the QQ, it’s so funny to look at how hard some people fail even in this game.

All 3 modes? lolwut?

sPvP: I don’t pvp enough to comment on this but the fact that we get excited to see even one person play Ranger at top tier probably says enough.

PvE: No high level speed clear team is going to bring a Ranger unless they absolutely need to fill a spot. We aren’t terrible, but being in 6th place when only 5 people can win still means you don’t get a medal.

WvW: The only wvw meta is the zerg/gvg meta and no guild that knows what they are doing brings rangers at the moment.

Be all the Ranger you can be but you’re still gonna get picked last for dodge ball.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

It’s because at any given time, half the community thinks rangers are OP (because to them anything that hits them outside of an arms reach is OP), and has no idea what they are talking about, while the other half of the community thinks rangers are garbage tier and a hindrance to have on any sort of team, and don’t know what they are talking about.

The key thing here is that between both sides of the generalized community, none of them know what they are talking about.

Probably only a subgroup of experienced rangers (most of the vocal people here on the forums, for instance) have ANY sort of idea how the class works and what the class needs, and the LITERAL rest of the community either thinks we only press 1 and 2 or that we don’t even matter enough to figure out if we DO take any sort of other actions other than that assumed statement.

So at the end of the day, what can you really do? Be a good enough player to earn peoples respect and show them why they should respect you on ANY class you want to play. If playing a ranger still matters to people beyond that aspect of how you play, then they honestly just aren’t worth worrying about, because to them, they will always have some sort of ranger bias, whether its too weak, or its to strong and they want it to be weak again (in their eyes on both of those of course).

The truth is, right now, the only thing we are lacking is some very slight quality of life group utility and some additional AoE options. If people think we need any more than that, it isn’t because we actually do, but its because other classes have been overtuned by ANet and need to by nerfed instead of what ANet keeps on doing, which is forcing power creep into the game (and in some regards ruining aspects of gameplay in the process).

So the tl;dr is probably something like: haters gonna hate, but they only hate us cuz they ainus (I know what it’s supposed to be and how to spell, I’m making a reference while expressing my actual opinion of those people).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Especially when rangers got a spot in meta in all 3 game modes. But keep on the QQ, it’s so funny to look at how hard some people fail even in this game.

All 3 modes? lolwut?

sPvP: I don’t pvp enough to comment on this but the fact that we get excited to see even one person play Ranger at top tier probably says enough.

PvE: No high level speed clear team is going to bring a Ranger unless they absolutely need to fill a spot. We aren’t terrible, but being in 6th place when only 5 people can win still means you don’t get a medal.

WvW: The only wvw meta is the zerg/gvg meta and no guild that knows what they are doing brings rangers at the moment.

Be all the Ranger you can be but you’re still gonna get picked last for dodge ball.

Thats alright coach, I’ve always fancied that bench!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

oddly enough GvG’s are still Zergs just with organisational methods , any guild can make use of Rangers though you need to bring more than one to get any Benifit out it Power, CC Single target focus or a 5man Strike team for Location targeting when the Mesmers use Mass invis , only takes one sick um to show where the main group is and that i’ll help prevent any Suprise Statics / hammer attacks or even provide the option to Decide to back off or Apply the CC hard then move out.

they way i see it Any good GvG guild will find a way of using Rangers effectively rather than to Exclude them to carry on playing a 3 year old organisational set up.

I’ve stopped plenty of Regrouping players with Muddy terrains and entangles after focus firing the Head Guardain into a Retreat leaving his team mates or those around him vulnerable to incomming Mobility CC , then i’d leave them for the Melee users to cleave and KD/ clean up.

with how Stability works now a Ranger can Strip upto 3 Stacks when using a combination of PBS,muddy terrain , Wolf fear , Entangle and then on top for the main target a Wolf leap KD followed again by a second PbS so the main target will have a average of 3 stacks stripped every 24secs going by PBs,wolf,Muddy terrain.

i realy hope you guys have more than enough Pulses to cover that up , if you come across a 5 man CC squad of rangers say good bye to atleast 5-8 players per Push attack , since Taunt can also now Peel you away from friendly players out of the Condi clear radius , its so easy to peel Targets away from thier group the main group is part forced to regroup to that location to save the Immobilised or downed.

though good Rangers never Fire into a Ball of people they wait for the hammers to Split them up , then we get to work.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

It’s because Rangers have to transfer between different environments and areas of combat a lot. They have an advantage, but the truth is that sadly most people haven’t tried Rangers so they believe that they are op.

It’s completely unreasonable the amount of hate that we get. When I join groups half of the time I get removed because I’m a ranger. Instead of joining groups now I make the. Evolve or die, it’s the ranger way

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood