Ranger Max DPS Shortbow Berserker Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Xylliana.7281

Xylliana.7281

This is for me the best build you can use as a Shortbow Ranger in Open PVE, Dungeon and Fractals.

With the recent up of the axes I also find it convenient to have a swap with double axes for most trash mobs packs (only skip to longbow for like grawl elementals or ascalon oil in fractals for exemple, where axes would not really shine, and swap to greatsword against mobs using reflect abilities.)

Build Details :

• 30 Marksmanship with skills IV – VIII – XI
  • 30 Skirmishing with skills I – V – X
  • 5 Beast Mastery for 2 second quickness.
  • 5 Wilderness Survival for increased endurance regeneration.

- Stuff is full Berserker (Including Trinkets and Jewels.)
- Runes are Superior Rune of the Scholar x 6.
- Sigils are Superior Sigil of Strenght on Shortbow, Superior Sigil of Accuracy on Longbow and Superior Sigil of Accuracy on 1st Axe + Superior Sigil of fire on Second Axe (for improved aoe as you will use them essentially for aoeing packs of mobs.)

Utility skill :

1. Healing Spring
  2. Signet of the Wild, which has to be used with Rampage as One and Quickening Zephyr to reach your top burst, which should be around 2k+/per arrow !
    (Can be swapped with Signet of the Hunt to run faster bewteen fights or Protect Me coupled with a Bear Pet for extra survivability if you are forced into meleeing mass amount of mobs – ie Dredge or Cliffside Fractals Seals.)
  3. Quickening Zephyr (can be swapped with Frost Trap for meleeing mass mobs aswell, you will take less hit as they will hit 50% slower.)
  4. Signet of Stone (will give you and your pet invulnerability in case things go wrong, and it will happens believe me.)
  5. Rampage as One use with Signet of the Wild and Quickening Zephyr

These are the fixed utilities with their respective switch that I mostly use in most encounters.

When it comes to pet you can choose buffers pets aka Red Moa & Jungle Stalker, tanky Pets like Bear or Arctodus, or ranged pets with venoms like Spiders or Devourers

(For fractals, most of the time ranged pet will be your best bet, unless you go melee, then switch for tankiest pets.)

As for food I find Plates of Truffle Steaks and Superior Sharpening Stones to fit well with the build (giving that past 50% crit I find better to push power, at least for Rangers.)

Here is a video of the build in action during a speedfarm, but you’ll have more or less the same kind of dps spikes in any dungeon.

Hope this might helps some fellow rangers.

Cyndraelle – Vizunah Square.

(edited by Xylliana.7281)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Use drakes for the whirl tailspin blast finisher on healing spring for a nice AoE heal. Nice work!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I prefer 10 in Wilderness Survival over 5 in Beast Mastery. Cooldown on all of Lightning Reflexes, Quickening Zephyr, Muddy Terrain, and Entangle, over the pet swap Quickness, but that’s just personal preference on my runs.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Ranger

Xylliana.7281

I prefer 10 in Wilderness Survival over 5 in Beast Mastery. Cooldown on all of Lightning Reflexes, Quickening Zephyr, Muddy Terrain, and Entangle, over the pet swap Quickness, but that’s just personal preference on my runs.

Ofc this is personal preference. I personaly barely use those skills except Quickening Zephyr so it would be less usefull to my gameplay type.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Nice I will run this for fractals. I really enjoy my apothecary bm in fractals. Need to get me some more zerker gear

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Thank you for posting this! I originally was going for a Trapper Ranger- which my sister uses & she’s really good at it- but I really wanna try this build!

in Ranger

Posted by: Loubbo.9852

Loubbo.9852

Yeah, this looks like an absolutely thrilling build… strafe/stand behind mob and autoattack and nothing else. Oh the joy and complexity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

GC SB…. how innovative…

no really, i cant tell the difference between this and any other GC build… tell me, what makes it any special at all???

you still gonna die against virtually any enemy unless you stay fighting people 1 v 1

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Looks pretty good, but I’d not use this in places like WvW. Complete glass cannon with no Toughness.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Ranger

Posted by: tomay.9670

tomay.9670

“Looks pretty good, but I’d not use this in places like WvW. Complete glass cannon with no Toughness.”

Playing WvW 30/30/5/0/5 Ranger LB/SB from over three months. Got ~ 2500 kills.
You have great burst damage from LB skill 3 and then skill 2, few utility skills from SB (skill 2,3,5).
Of course there is some weakness (lack of health, toughness), you just have to remember ONE IMPORTNANT RULE – enemy cant touch you – evade, use LB skill 4, SB skills 2,3,5, Lightning Reflexes, Signet of the Hunt for speed.
Wise pick your fights, especially 1vs1, know when to run away, try to use all area that give you adavantage.
Take Pets who immobilize/knockdown/chill/cripple.
I took ranger because i hate close fight and i assure you that this builds can work very well.

Skleroza – Norn Ranger
Second To [None]
Blacktide

in Ranger

Xylliana.7281

Use drakes for the whirl tailspin blast finisher on healing spring for a nice AoE heal. Nice work!

A yep, ty, nice tips =)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bluedarknesss.1685

Bluedarknesss.1685

It sucks the maker of this build quit because of the constant bs rangers have to put up with from the dev team

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

nice build similar to mine, with the quickness nerf though qz imho is no longer viable, right now using muddy terrain or lightning reflexes instead to give me a few seconds to keep my distance

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

I used this build recently,

but now use 10/30/25/0/5 and I must say that I’m finding more and do more damage as well!

If you are at a distance you can use the line I “Increases damage by 10% When endurance is full”