Ranger Movement Speed

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Could we please at least run as fast as thieves?

I (we) could make several pages long list of needed ranger fixes, but they have already been mentioned throughout this forum. But could you, Anet, please give us some speed?
We sure are not the best ranged class, so what’s left of the “Ranger”??? At least some speed would give us a little “scout” feeling.

Imho, ranger should be fast, agile, and master of ranged and traps. At the moment, we are neither! Makes me sad :-(

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

If you use the Horn and Greatsword (for swoop) the make use of Spike Trap, Frost Trap and Winter’s Bite (axe main hand) you can easily catch and kill thieves (or out run them if that’s your thing).

I easily out-pace zergs in WvW. If you take Offhand Training or Martial Mastery you can move even faster (both would require giving up the grandmaster trait and both are too good in WS to not use one or the other). I’m sure you could use Signet of the Hunt for even faster movement but I just can’t be bothered with it. I prefer another trap (usually Viper’s Nest).

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

All the “move faster” signets should be the same speed, which means either lifting the ranger, elementalist, and necromancer ones to match the thief’s, or dragging the thief back down to join them.

I’d prefer the former, because that extra speed is so incredibly nice to have, whereas the 10% boost is basically unnoticeable for the most part.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

Someone mentioned in another thread that they misnamed the Ranger. It should have been named “druid/shaman”. You know…healer tanky support. Not what everyone wanted..the “Ranged God of War with his Trusted Ally”.

Try playing SB Thief with traps if that’s what you want. SB is so kittening powerful it’s not even funny.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Basically change the passive on Signet of the Hunt from 10% to 25%. There is no reason why the Thief should be the only class with a signet that grants 25% movement speed as a passive ability with an AoE Blind on demand where everyone else needs to make do with 10% and a usually pretty pitiful Active (especially in case of the Ranger).

I mean, all Rangers get is a single +50% damage for -usually- one autoattack. And not even that, only their pet gets it (you know, that somewhat disfunctional appendage who can’t even get a proper attack in unless the enemy stands still!); unless you pick a Grandmaster (Signet of the Beastmaster) trait at 30 points in, so you can also relish in the ultimate power of +50% damage for one of your autoattacks every 30 seconds (provided it works) and at the cost of your already limited movement speed rate.

(sorry for the sarcasm)

So why should I be bothered to lose the precious (albeit small) speed bonus for getting one shot with +50% damage? If anything, activating that signet should provide a shot that deals damage more along the lines of OVER NINETHOUSAND!!!

So with those promised ‘quality of life’ changes (which apparently would include Signets) I really hope that this Signet of the Hunt will also be changed into a more worthwhile version.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

Agreed. Signet of the hunt needs to and will go to 25%.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Linc.8956

Linc.8956

Yes!!! Finally!!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

I like this and hope it is a sign of things to come for the Ranger.

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: caKez.3219

caKez.3219

Finally…some hope for this class.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Rancor Chiron.6178

Rancor Chiron.6178

This will really help Rangers not need to bring along warhorn and RaO so much. I think this will make a difference in many areas.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: LostMK.4089

LostMK.4089

how uncharacteristic of an anet dev to be so definitive with their words

we will hold you to it

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

I honestly didn’t expect this to happen. I’m thrilled it is happening, but I never expected it.

Makes me wonder what other changes will go with it though. Agility Training for example gives only your pet 30% move speed. SotH would give you and your pet 25%, and let’s face it how many people won’t be taking SotH at 25% move speed if that was the only thing changed about the ranger?

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

That’s good news!

While you’re at it, you might wanna take a look at active effects of signets, since I think you somehow got them mixed up.

They should of course apply to the ranger first, and if you trait for it – apply to the pet as well. Now it is, you know, the other way around, which clearly could not have been intended from the beginning!

;)

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Now let’s hope they address the projectile speed of the shortbow and longbow and pet AI next.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Hells yeah! I love this effect on my Thief, and can’t wait for it on the other classes.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Nero.4706

Nero.4706

can’t wait for 14th! finally i see alil glint of light at the end of the tunnel! keep em rollin jon!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Battletorn.4102

Battletorn.4102

How about the necro one? 10% for them too and a pithy lifesteal attack on use. Just throwing that out there.

www.WvWStrategy.net Get loot bags.

[ONE] Fight as One http://fightasone.enjin.com

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

can’t wait for 14th! finally i see alil glint of light at the end of the tunnel! keep em rollin jon!

It needs to be pointed out:

He never said when this change was coming. Don’t get super excited for the 14th since we might be waiting until January or later.

I’m hoping the 14th we will see some changes but I’ve been waiting on ranger utility improvements since before the ranger had shouts in beta.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Finally…some hope for this class.

Don’t get your hopes up, last time Jon said anything about the awesome ranger fixes all that was left was a bitter taste, as that patch was just pathetic ranger wise. TBH I have little hope that the wintersday patch will bring any improvement for the ranger, after the last disappointment. Sad really for a company that seems to want e-sports so badly but makes one of the merely 8 classes so broken (pvp/wvw wise, PvE ranger is just fine, dungeons however a disaster again with those stupid pets) and does so little about it.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Awesome news! This should also threaten Thieves a bit indirectly, as now there’s a 1200 range attacker who keeps up with them.

While we’re at it JP, lower Portal CD for Mesmers? Give us some movement-ability love, too ;_;

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Jon, your team really needs to rethink putting such IMS signets in the game at all, at least those with such a significant boost.
I simply don’t see how making a skill essentially a requirement for WvW, and irresistible for general PVE (i.e. except dungeons) leads not to less choice and a poorer experience.
Of course, in sPvP due to the nature of the maps it’s much less pronounced and other skills are able to compete with IMS signets, but it has such a huge effect on the aforementioned formats that I’d reconsider if it’s worth it.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

Jon, you really need to rethink putting such IMS signets in the game at all, atleast those with such a significant boost.
I simply don’t see how making a skill essentially a requirement for WvW, and irresistible for general PVE (i.e. except dungeons) leads not to less choice and a poorer experience.
Of course, in sPvP due to the nature of the maps it’s much less pronounced and other skills are able to compete with IMS signets, but it has such a huge effect on the aforementioned formats that I’d reconsider if it’s worth it.

This is partially true. I’m willing to bet that a lot of people think of their bars as a static ‘set it and forget it’ thing. I personally change weapons/skills on the fly a lot.

In WvW I generally run with a greatsword and axe/warhorn and 3 traps (VN, ST, and Frost) right now. However, if I’m doing keep defense/siege the greatsword gets swapped for a longbow unless I’m playing ‘kill the reinforcements’. If I’m going to take a camp solo (I do this a lot) I swap the warhorn for a torch. I also use the longbow for general JP trolling from time to time.

With the same build I replace spike trap with one of the signets depending on what I’m doing and if I want more condition removal, that little bit of healing, or more speed. I also use flame trap instead of venom in dungeons for the combo field or if I’m farming Orr I drop frost because of a lack of damage on it.

The point is, yes if SotH changes to 25% it will see a LOT more time on my bar but there will also be plenty of times it’s not there at all. My traits points will remain constant, though I also change what traits are slotted sometimes. Agility training is great in WvW, useless in PvE (I always find myself saying “Fetch!” as my dog runs people down and tackles them).

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I’m happy :-)
Have patience fellow rangers. Anet knows about our issues and they will eventually be fixed.
Thanks Jon!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Silywuns.7043

Silywuns.7043

According to the folllowing link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update

I will say “No hopes no pains”. Let’s see.

(edited by Silywuns.7043)

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

Very nice, thanks! <3

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

ty, this will be a good change.

I agree with the idea of small changes at a time. I have seen to many times what happens with large buffs or nerfs or changing way to many items at once. with that said here are a few things i hope will be looked at some time in the future.

SKILL SLOTS

1. a better condition removal would be nice. haven’t played all the classes yet but the ones i have played have better skills for this imo. my mesmer doesn’t just remove all but puts them on his foe and steals foes boons at same time. engi converts all conditions into boons. my necro can also clear all her conditions and at the same time transfer them to her foe. what do rangers get? we get to kill our pet.

2. spirits. as many have said they need more survivability . the increased proc chance doesn’t seem to matter as they all seem to have a internal CD. when i was testing them in the mist with shortbow i allways got 21 to 23 shots off between procs.

3.survivability skills

a)protect me? with all the reflects and immunities in the game we get yet another skill to kill our pet? I see a lot of people classify the ranger as druidic using nature spells and taiming pets. if this is what anet is going for the i would suggest a trait something along the line of thorns (when hit with a melle crit the ranger cast a thorns, giving 5 sec of immunity and damages or bleeds anyone that hits the ranger with a melle attack for the next 5 sec. 20 sec CD). not exactly sure how to balance it but this would be close to the warriors 5 sec rataliation trait with 15 sec CD.

b) lightning reflexes. would like to see this one be able to remove snares. many times i have went to activate this and get snared a split sec before it goes off and pretty much just roll in place.

c) hide in plain sight trait should probably camo pet as well.

WEAPONS

1. longbow. as many have said needs faster travel time on arrows, also the cast time seems much longer than the .75 listed on the auto attack(mainly wondering if it is just mislabeled). the the channel time on rapid fire needs to be shorter to make it a semi burst ability.

2. shortbow. would like to see the bleed not have a flanking resticktion. #3 quick shot, not sure if this happens to others a lot, but many times my ranger just jumps straight up and down instead of backwards.

3.axe main hand, the only thing i would really like to see on this one is for the ricochet to not bounce to nonhostial(yellow mobs). axe off hand whirling defense, should be able to move while using this. even then probably still wouldn’t be worth using off hand axe.

4. warhorn. hunters call, this ability acts like a DoT. you cast it on your target then they take damage over time. however it doesn’t follow the rules of other dots. after you land the spell your target can dodge, block or line of site you to stop its damage. also maybe add a blind or confuse to it. all those hawks scratching out your eyes would make it hard to see

5. torch. this one seems to be just fine imo.

PETS
1. AoE midigation maybe 25% or so.
2. gain a small amount of stats based off ranger stats.
3. move faster without having to waste a major trait.
4. more responsive attack command and f2 abilities, shorter windup for attacks.
5. lower pet damage say maybe 25 or 30% and increase rangers damage an appropriate amount to make up for it. this will give rangers more control over their damage and help out in situations where pets are useless such as tower/keep siege/def.
6. stop the pets from forgetting their names.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormi.3756

Stormi.3756

Well. It Seems like there is still some hope in Ranger. Keep it up John!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

Fantastic news, this is a sign(et) of good things to come. Thanks for the communication, it’s nice to know you’re watching the forums, and it’s really appreciated.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

It would be really funny to see this in the next patch..
Now Signet of the hunt improves your swimming speed by 25%,the land speed stays the same,5%….

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Radialshifter.8351

Radialshifter.8351

… Necromancer Signet of the Locust?…

is suddenly devoured by necro bug list

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Tyr.6097

PETS
1. AoE midigation maybe 25% or so.
2. gain a small amount of stats based off ranger stats.
3. move faster without having to waste a major trait.
4. more responsive attack command and f2 abilities, shorter windup for attacks.
5. lower pet damage say maybe 25 or 30% and increase rangers damage an appropriate amount to make up for it. this will give rangers more control over their damage and help out in situations where pets are useless such as tower/keep siege/def.
6. stop the pets from forgetting their names.

I would like to add another point:

7. NO PET BODYPULLS. It sucks to run in an area and try to be careful, but your pet is pulling mobs that you don’t want to attack.

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

… Necromancer Signet of the Locust?…

And Elementalist Signet of Air (and because elementalists almost always have swiftness on, it wouldn’t even be a problem to them. It would give them an alternative to their swiftness skills/ traits, especially for any focus off-hand builds without the healing glyph).

Always felt that a 10% increase was irrelevant. 25% seems nice, especially because a swiftness foe will still have advantage when it comes to running away if they’re not within your range, or they’ll keep hitting you if you’re at within their range.

Seems a good number, and if it proves to be too strong for walking through the map, the devs can always limit it to combat only.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

How about the necro one? 10% for them too and a pithy lifesteal attack on use. Just throwing that out there.

Pointing out the out pointing!

This!
(I´m pointing right now.)

Polish > hype

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Pointing out the out pointing!

This!
(I´m pointing right now.)

Necros have better ways of applying speed buff then rangers same as eles….i was just running beside a necro in WvW i cast my call of the wild for 15 second speed buff….target the necro i came up beside and she had a 37 second speed buff from her skills, i think necros are fine

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

how uncharacteristic of an anet dev to be so definitive with their words

we will hold you to it

Haha. After the way this forum ultra nerd-raged the last time he spoke here, I sincerely doubt he’d say this if it wasn’t already decided.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Gah, now I got to figure out how to fit it in my build.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Necros move along please. Scout classes should have the fastest movement signets in game. You can request other changes but don’t expect to move as fast as a scout. It’s ridiculous that rangers didn’t get this at launch but thank you thank you for finally turning us back into scouts.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

7. NO PET BODYPULLS. It sucks to run in an area and try to be careful, but your pet is pulling mobs that you don’t want to attack.

Hide Your pet m8 and let the programmers work on something more important.

Great news BTW.
Out of combat speed was no.1 on my “need to have” list.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Cool, now that’s off the list of complaints, we can add ‘Signet of the hunt should give 50% speed’ to the bottom of the list and carry on complaining

Re: signet of the locust – I never use it. Spectral Walk is far more useful for getting around and in-combat. They should invert the locust signet so that it becomes more interesting while keeping the ‘locust’ theme: a slow pulsing AoE lifedrain (tiny amount, obviously) with a swiftness boon on activation. That way it’s a better complement and alternative to Spectral Walk if you want to spend 1 or 2 skills on mobility.

(edited by Munrock.3092)

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: I Hwi I.3408

I Hwi I.3408

Question regarding active effect of Signet of the Hunt:

The GW2Wiki for Attack of Opportunity reads “Damage increased 150% on next attack.” as the in-game description, but then goes to say below “the next attack do 50% more damage.” Besides the bad grammar, 50% more damage is 1.5x damage, whereas 150% is 2.5x damage!!!

I’m at work, can’t verify. Has anyone tested the active effect?

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

Question regarding active effect of Signet of the Hunt:

The GW2Wiki for Attack of Opportunity reads “Damage increased 150% on next attack.” as the in-game description, but then goes to say below “the next attack do 50% more damage.” Besides the bad grammar, 50% more damage is 1.5x damage, whereas 150% is 2.5x damage!!!

I’m at work, can’t verify. Has anyone tested the active effect?

+50% =1,5 x damage

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

I Hwi I.3408

+50% =1,5 x damage

Cheers… if only it was 150%!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

FYI this is slated for the 14th of December.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormi.3756

Stormi.3756

faith in Jon is restored ^ Thank you jon!

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Tyr.6097

Hide Your pet m8 and let the programmers work on something more important.

Great news BTW.
Out of combat speed was no.1 on my “need to have” list.

Then, gimme a keybind to hide the pet. I hate clicking :P

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

I Hwi I.3408

Thanks Jon, we’re a demanding bunch us Rangers, but I think the silent majority understands. Those that rant need to vent somewhere

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

Oh god. Does it mean I won’t have to feel bad for using SoH anymore?

My body is ready. (yes, it is)

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Posting here is truly appreciated and requires quite some courage considering the emotional state many rangers, including myself, are finding themselves in ever since the Lost Shores patch.

However, and I don’t mean to scare you away with this, but is it wise to make a promise like this after the aforementioned disaster of a patch? If another couple of your team gets the flue or if some big shot in your office tells you not to buff the signet, you’re looking at a world war two over here.

Anyway, I will say it again: posting here is truly appreciated. Even though the ranger class is still in a miserable state, seeing a big red post gives us hope for the future.

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Whooo Hooo finally something goes through to the devs horray

Ranger Movement Speed

in Ranger

Posted by: mamourrir.9641

mamourrir.9641

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH