Ranger Nerf -.-

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Hey look at me Im a ranger oh its a melee warior I can kite him around while I kill him. Whaaaat? My pet is so weak now all good Ill use my DPS and skills to Kite and kill him. Oh his running away. Ill chase him…Whaaat? My shortbow doesnt reach? Ill use longbow…Barrage was too slow too activate and he walked past it. Number 4…kitten that pushed him even further. Ill use swiftness to close the gap. Oh kitten it he used swiftness too. Oh no my swiftness ran out and his GS skill+utility lets him run. Ahh well. I give up…

Pew….pew..what? kitten warrior attacking me using rifle…My shortbow wont reach WTF? Im the ranger not you….

Hope I taught you something about the nerf -.- Give rangers their range back. You can take your stupid Longbow buffs.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

This post was pretty silly and useless.

i like the new changes to the longbow, its a step in the right direction. the pet nerfs were unwarranted though. they need to either give pets more survivability or undo the dmg nerfs.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

It is true though. If we are truly master’s of range then SB should be 1200, LB 1500. Not this 900 range crap that makes it impossible to chase down an actively fleeing opponent.

Also, I know, the swords have closing skills…but a Ranger should not have to be boxed into a melee spec to function properly.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

The fact that you think a bow should shoot farther than a gun says something.

(edited by Arc.7346)

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

After messing around with a few new builds, I have actually ended up enjoying this last patch. I know many dont agree, but I would be lying if I said otherwise. Changes like adding pull to path of scars is fantastic!

That said, I feel SB is gutted, and at 900 range I see no reason to use it over Axe, which will also allow for the use of a second sigil for the offhand.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Hahahhah! Nice post. I love the story you told! Hilarious. +1 from me, baby. Best of all, this is coming from our very own, Ranger Arrow.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

The fact that rangers aren’t the masters of range says something.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Simon.3106

I agree with you completely, Faux. As a master ranger myself, I really feel that Warriros makes better rangers (with longbow) than rangers does with any bow.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

The fact that you don’t know what a ranger actually is says something.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Stop arguing each other and move on, my fellow rangers. Rangers is the Ace of all Jacks. But a ranger should definitely have been the masters of range, stated by it’s name. Yes, they also master close range weapons such as sword, axe, and daggers, but definitely should’ve been the master of range.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

“Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows.”

Quoted from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/ranger/

It’s tough to be “unparalleled archers” when thieves have a better shortbow and warriors have a better longbow. Unless there’s another meaning for “unparalleled” or some secret bow I have no knowledge about, please indulge me on what I’m missing.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

“Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows.”

Quoted from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/ranger/

It’s tough to be “unparalleled archers” when thieves have a better shortbow and warriors have a better longbow. Unless there’s another meaning for “unparalleled” or some secret bow I have no knowledge about, please indulge me on what I’m missing.

rang·er [reyn-jer] Show IPA
noun
forest ranger.
one of a body of armed guards who patrol a region.
( initial capital letter ) a U.S. soldier in World War II specially trained for making surprise raids and attacks in small groups. Compare commando ( def 1 ) .
a soldier specially trained in the techniques of guerrilla warfare, especially in jungle terrain.
a person who ranges or roves.

range  [reynj]  Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, ranged, rang·ing.
verb (used with object)
to draw up or arrange (persons or things) in rows or lines or in a specific position, company, or group: The sergeant ranged the troops in columns of six across.
to place or arrange systematically; set in order; dispose: The members of the cast were ranged in their proper places on stage.
to place in a particular class; classify: They ranged themselves with the liberals.
to make straight, level, or even, as lines of type.
to pass over or through (an area or region) in all directions, as in exploring or searching: They ranged the entire countryside.
to pasture (cattle) on a range.

last I checked MMOs did not define what words mean, but they might if you’re an average video gamer, evidently.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

It is true though. If we are truly master’s of range then SB should be 1200, LB 1500. Not this 900 range crap that makes it impossible to chase down an actively fleeing opponent.

And why are rangers supposedly the true masters of range? Because it’s in their name?
A necromancer has MAN in its name, yet I do see females also..

Also, a warrior that got away? No CC on your pet? Any CC on you? Speed buffs? …

/thread

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

We were seriously let down by Arenanet, this is the worst Ranger I have ever played.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

For me, it is still one of the better rangers I have played, because there is a choice in weapons. I love the whole wilderness survival part of rangers, it’s why I make them. But I like throwing weapons and the like; usually bows are made way too boring in videogames. They are awesome irl though.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I hope you understand that you wouldn’t have killed the warrior with or without a 1200 range shortbow.

Ranger | Elementalist

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Depends on who plays the warrior and his build and your own build. I have been gutted by warriors and I’ve gutted quite a few myself…

Although rangers aren’t perfect, we’re still by far the coolest class of all…

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hey look at me Im a ranger oh its a melee warior I can kite him around while I kill him. Whaaaat? My pet is so weak now all good Ill use my DPS and skills to Kite and kill him. Oh his running away. Ill chase him…Whaaat? My shortbow doesnt reach? Ill use longbow…Barrage was too slow too activate and he walked past it. Number 4…kitten that pushed him even further. Ill use swiftness to close the gap. Oh kitten it he used swiftness too. Oh no my swiftness ran out and his GS skill+utility lets him run. Ahh well. I give up…

Pew….pew..what? kitten warrior attacking me using rifle…My shortbow wont reach WTF? Im the ranger not you….

Hope I taught you something about the nerf -.- Give rangers their range back. You can take your stupid Longbow buffs.

What?! You cataloged ME in WvW?

You’re not the only one against whom this scenario plays out daily.

Anet, Rangers have RANGE and you’re allowing OTHER characters to OUT RANGE US.

Either we ARE RANGERS OR WE ARE NOTHING.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Depends on who plays the warrior and his build and your own build. I have been gutted by warriors and I’ve gutted quite a few myself…

Although rangers aren’t perfect, we’re still by far the coolest class of all…

Really?

I can’t even run away from most in WvW – THAT is really dumb.

I can’t win and I can’t run away – and the ONE waypoint isn’t close!!!!!

If you are going to comment, please at least post a build that is working for you (or anyone reading this forum post thread).

People want to play Ranger – they WANT to, but the BUILDS don’t do KITTEN to ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN NPC most of the time – so if you have the magic build out there, SPILL! Please!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

noun
forest ranger.
( initial capital letter ) a U.S. soldier in World War II specially trained for making surprise raids and attacks in small groups. Compare commando ( def 1 ) .
a soldier specially trained in the techniques of guerrilla warfare, especially in jungle terrain.

verb (used with object)
to draw up or arrange (persons or things) in rows or lines or in a specific position, company, or group: The sergeant ranged the troops in columns of six across.
to place or arrange systematically; set in order; dispose: The members of the cast were ranged in their proper places on stage.
to place in a particular class; classify: They ranged themselves with the liberals.
to pass over or through (an area or region) in all directions, as in exploring or searching: They ranged the entire countryside.

last I checked MMOs did not define what words mean, but they might if you’re an average video gamer, evidently.

Video games, especially of the fantasy variety, actually DO define what words mean. That’s the entire point of them. Guild Wars 2’s tagline is “Enter a living, breathing fantasy world.” To put that in terms you and others like you who like to throw dictionary definitions out there will understand:
fantasy or phantasy (?fænt?s?)

— n , pl -sies
1. a. imagination unrestricted by reality
b. ( as modifier ): a fantasy world
2. a creation of the imagination, esp a weird or bizarre one

3. psychol
a. a series of pleasing mental images, usually serving to fulfil a need not gratified in reality
b. the activity of forming such images
4. a whimsical or far-fetched notion
5. an illusion, hallucination, or phantom
[/b]6. a highly elaborate imaginative design or creation [/b]
7. music fantasia fancy another word for development
8. a. literature having a large fantasy content
b. a prose or dramatic composition of this type
9. ( modifier ) of or relating to a competition, often in a newspaper, in which a participant selects players for an imaginary ideal team, and points are awarded according to the actual performances of the chosen players: fantasy football

By labeling itself a FANTASY, Area Net has given itself license to make words mean whatever they choose to make them mean. We are playing a game based in a world of their creation, and anything they say trumps what our earthly dictionaries say while playing in their world.

So, in conclusion, what Faux says is correct. Rangers are the masters of ranged combat by definition granted by ANet within this environment.

As a side point, there’s nothing in the dictionary definitions of a Ranger that would suggest that they should have a stable of animals following their commands or be able to commune with or control spirits of nature. Yet, in GW2 they do. No one takes issue with that… Also, a “Necromancer” by dictionary definition is one who communes with the dead in order to make predictions about the future. As far as I know, that’s a skill not currently in the Necro’s arsenal… Fantasy – taking liberty with reality.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

Really?

Yes

I can’t even run away from most in WvW – THAT is really dumb.

L2P

I can’t win and I can’t run away – and the ONE waypoint isn’t close!!!!!

L2P

If you are going to comment, please at least post a build that is working for you (or anyone reading this forum post thread).

Sticky thread in this subforum: Post your Rangers Build Thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Post-Your-Build-Thread

Oh yeah, and feel free to report this post again.. If you’re looking for feedback but can’t handle it, always best to get the moderators to hold your hands..
Kitten.. :p

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

Video games, especially of the fantasy variety, actually DO define what words mean. That’s the entire point of them. Guild Wars 2’s tagline is “Enter a living, breathing fantasy world.”

Sad thing here is that the name of the game Guild Wars isn’t even reflected on in the actual game. Ironic right?

But on topic, I roam all the time on my elementalist(my main) and it is just a fact that classes like the warrior and thief will always be able to disengage you unless you are smart about your cc usage. Even then it requires some luck. Their mobility is just ridiculous. I wouldn’t say that people being able to disengage a fight is a ranger issue directly. At all. Because most classes deal with this same issue as well when 1v1. I think it comes down to this, just like Anet nerfed Ride the Lightning to where it doubles the CD if you don’t hit your target, they need to implement some penalty to abilities like rush that is meant to be a engaging ability not disengaging. In my opinion, this would fix or atleast help the OPness of some classes ability to disengage in WvW. Just a thought… Anet you did it to one class, why not do it to all?

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

i like the new changes to the longbow, its a step in the right direction. the pet nerfs were unwarranted though. they need to either give pets more survivability or undo the dmg nerfs.

I don’t. I think it was a one-sided buff that came at the expense of the other side. I’m glad you’re enjoying the change, but I personally haven’t used my ranger for anything other than a mule since the “step in the right direction”.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Have you guys noticed the pets are actually WORSE than ever before? A while back, cats used to hit pretty hard, and now they are just hit like a wet toilet paper towel on most cases. Don’t even think of using bears to do damage, although they did improve their HP. Before, pets could REVIVE a dead comrade, and now they only heal a down player. Im not sure about pet being smarter now than before though…

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

noun
forest ranger.

verb (used with object)

Video games, especially of the fantasy variety, actually DO define what words mean. That’s the entire point of them. Guild Wars 2’s tagline is “Enter a living, breathing fantasy world.” To put that in terms you and others like you who like to throw dictionary definitions out there will understand:
fantasy or phantasy (?fænt?s?)

— n , pl -sies
1. a. imagination unrestricted by reality
b. ( as modifier ): a fantasy world
2. a creation of the imagination, esp a weird or bizarre one

3. psychol
a. a series of pleasing mental images, usually serving to fulfil a need not gratified in reality
b. the activity of forming such images
4. a whimsical or far-fetched notion
5. an illusion, hallucination, or phantom
[/b]6. a highly elaborate imaginative design or creation [/b]
7. music fantasia fancy another word for development
8. a. literature having a large fantasy content
b. a prose or dramatic composition of this type
9. ( modifier ) of or relating to a competition, often in a newspaper, in which a participant selects players for an imaginary ideal team, and points are awarded according to the actual performances of the chosen players: fantasy football

By labeling itself a FANTASY, Area Net has given itself license to make words mean whatever they choose to make them mean. We are playing a game based in a world of their creation, and anything they say trumps what our earthly dictionaries say while playing in their world.

So, in conclusion, what Faux says is correct. Rangers are the masters of ranged combat by definition granted by ANet within this environment.

As a side point, there’s nothing in the dictionary definitions of a Ranger that would suggest that they should have a stable of animals following their commands or be able to commune with or control spirits of nature. Yet, in GW2 they do. No one takes issue with that… Also, a “Necromancer” by dictionary definition is one who communes with the dead in order to make predictions about the future. As far as I know, that’s a skill not currently in the Necro’s arsenal… Fantasy – taking liberty with reality.

Lethlora

kittening

Destroyed

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

I really just posted this to take a spin on the frustrating things that have recently hit rangers. I still play my ranger as a main and I like it, no matter what Anet does, we are the coolest class. We might not be the most effective…at anything but we sure do rock the hell out of Guild Wars 2.

2 months later, not much has changed although longbow stealth is so useful in many situations and I do use it more. I hope that we get a damage buff or we get our range back on our SBs.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Tribio.8531

I still play my ranger as a main and I like it, no matter what Anet does, we are the coolest class.

Warms my heart.. kitten right we are the coolest class, unfortunately non-rangers don’t see it the same way.. :-)

Fissure of Woe

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Have you guys noticed the pets are actually WORSE than ever before? A while back, cats used to hit pretty hard, and now they are just hit like a wet toilet paper towel on most cases.

It needed to be nerfed. I didn’t say so before because the excess negativity here would crucify anyone suggesting rangers be nerfed in some way. So all I did was post my timing test results showing how good cats were (before the nerfs, they had twice the DPS of our next-best pet).

Others found the same thing. The burst you used to be able to get from a cat (and just the cat – the ranger didn’t even need to fire a shot) was just ridiculous. And if it was a jaguar, it was an invisible cat that was killing people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQpdfp3xFoM

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Rangers are unparalleled in ranged damage when you count their pet. Anet has already stated that some months ago. They’re a pet class. The pet has to count at some point. It can’t just be some sort of extra thing the ranger gets that nobody else has.

Ranger Nerf -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Yep, the cool thing about the pet is you can build crazy bunker (think apothecary, settlers, soldiers, or sentinels) and still win a 1v1 with DPS pets. Ranger really is two entities and you should try to work with the pet instead of only seeing it’s drawbacks. For every time a pet has pathed poorly for me, it’s gotten me a kill too. So its not that bad.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”