Ranger: Pet Functionality

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

This post is intended to inform: Specifically Anet.

Please read before posting:

This post is intended for those who would like to see the option to permanently Stow our pets during combat. If you would like to see this ability granted to us like any other MMO please add your support.

Add:

Those who support permanent ‘stow pet’ post:
+

Those who are against permanent ‘stow pet’ post:
- – -

Keep it simple so the Anet devs don’t have to sort through endless discussion.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

+ (pets are annoying in jumping puzzle, complicate boss fights, roleplay, achievements like in the scarlet endfight, fractal jade quarry boss etc.)

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

+

I like to roam and explore. Having my pet pop out whenever I take fall damage can be frustrating. Or when I get tagged by a mob and have absolutely no intention of engaging. My pet staying behind to fight just keeps me in combat so I can’t run away as effectively.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

+

My opinion on this is the same as the last time we had this discussion. I’ only in favor of perma stowing the pet because ANet has failed to improve the pet or class in 2 years for WvW. Ideally, the pet would actually be a benefit to the class and I’d want to use it.

It would also need to grant something to the class if we stowed it like what was discussed in the CDI at great length. It would also need to be quite powerful considering I’m giving up 2 knock downs, an AE immob, and an AE fear to get it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i dont think anyone would be against it, its optimal after all

edit: optional*

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

+

It would also need to grant something to the class if we stowed it like what was discussed in the CDI at great length. It would also need to be quite powerful considering I’m giving up 2 knock downs, an AE immob, and an AE fear to get it.

I’m pretty sure the OP just wants our pets to not automatically come out whenever we take even the slightest damage. Asking for something to make a petless ranger viable would be an entirely different discussion.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

+

I’m pretty sure the OP just wants our pets to not automatically come out whenever we take even the slightest damage. Asking for something to make a petless ranger viable would be an entirely different discussion.

If that’s all he wants, that’s fine. I’d honestly consider the fact that our current stow pet doesn’t work like that right now to be a bug.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Would a permanent stow help my issue with Skritt Burglar when it transformed my pet 8 of 8 times instead of me? If yes, then YES!

(Perma stow for combat isn’t the best solution, but w/compensation buff a good one for a lot of us. Ofc it would be more nice to actualy have benefit using a pet.)

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

No I do not what a perma stow option. I have played my ranger since beta. I created the class knowing full well what it was. Buff or no buff either way I don’t want to be the situation of me having to justify why im using my pet rather than stowing it.

No class has the option of not using their class mechanic. If this does happen then I want the option of changing all my ascended to another class.

Really you can play without your pet just let it die.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

No class has the option of not using their class mechanic.

Every class has the option to not use it! And those are “always” working, you knowexactly when can you use it again. Ex;

1. Warrior: Doesn’t has to use Adrenaline, instead, keeping it makes them stronger.
  2. Necromancer: Doesn’t has to use death shroud, keepint it can make them stronger as well as using it.
  3. Thief: Doesn’t really need to use it, even if handy.
    Sorry?

Thanks, this idea never crossed our minds… Just let that ~30% of you disappear & you’re all good to go! /sarcasm

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

No I do not what a perma stow option. I have played my ranger since beta. I created the class knowing full well what it was. Buff or no buff either way I don’t want to be the situation of me having to justify why im using my pet rather than stowing it.

No class has the option of not using their class mechanic. If this does happen then I want the option of changing all my ascended to another class.

Aaactually every profession can play without their class mechanic. Elementalists can just sit in fire attunement, thieves don’t HAVE to use steal, mesmers don’t have to shatter, warriors don’t need to use their F1 skill, etc.

It’s not optimal, but it’s an option. I really just want a permanent stow so I can explore without my pet aggroing various creatures and fighting to keep me in combat, as well as do jumping puzzles without every little bit of fall damage making it pop out. It’s a quality of life change, not a request to be able to fight at 100% effectiveness without the pet.

Personally I definitely made my ranger with the intent to use a pet. However, there are a lot of little moments where I’d like the pet to stay stowed even if something made me go into “combat.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

+/-

The idea in general is good, but the problem is how to implement that correctly, besides ANet already stated that perma stow pet is not an option for them, they want rangers to be the ‘pet class’.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If you don’t want your pet to aggro, there is a nice button you can click that puts it on passive. Then it won’t attack anything unless you explicitly tell it to. Just, if you do that, don’t complain when it just sits there during a fight because you forgot to tell it to attack.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

+

Having more options is never a bad thing, contrary to what Anet thinks. If you make the pet permastow and compensate with a damage boost (this can be worked out according to metrics, we all know how much they love those) then those who wanted to play closer to the archer/skirmisher archetype can be happy, and those who wanted beastmaster can continue to play beastmaster.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Pets shouldn’t aggro at all until you’re not full control over it.
Does Spirit Weapons aggro? Does summoned Fire Djinns & else aggro?
(except Hounds of B type which meant to attack on sight)
If yes, then those aren’t good enough as well.
We spoke about it a Lot. And I mean… a LOT.

I’ve been working on this issue before, and I stated my concept in “[iR] Ranger Redesign V2” topic, as it should work like a ghost, a special kind of ranged weapon built in, and not really killable the way NPCs can be, I prefer a % of our HP synced to it.
Like when your HP reaches 20%, the HP sync of your pet reaches 0%, disables it until your HP doesn’t gets above the limit for X seconds
What you think?

& They may should cooperate with us clearly and try to brainstorm how to optimalise their way, their design.