Ranger Pet Names Now Stick

in Ranger

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

After putting in the request and thanks to Joel Helmich’s masterful sleuthing into ancient systems and programming magic our Ranger Pets will now retain their customized names between sessions across all your pets. No more sticking to a single pet to keep their names between logins!

WOOHOO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Can you bring cat leaps into the normalized cooldown of the tiger? Tiger has 10 sec cd with fury, jungle stalker is might but with a long 3 second cast roar that does no damage instead of a leap and on a longer cooldown. Snow leopard does 2 seconds of pitiful chill on a whopping 30 sec cd.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I have to say: Thank you Irenio and Joel. This will be the joy of all the PvErs all around. Honestly this are good news

However forgive me if I’m a little bit salty because I hoped some more work on rangers archaic skills and some nonsensical nerfs.

In any case, even with all this salt we are secretly happy about that improvement.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’m not even playing regularly these days but wanted to say thanks for that one… sheds a tear

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Please allow me to send you my heartfelt thank you. I know this has just been a minor QoL issue, and this may sound absurd to many, but this issue has actually been the number one reason why I stopped playing my ranger alt. I will now certainly reactivate him.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in Ranger

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Thank you so much!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Finally. I can take down the dozen sticky notes I use to keep track of my rangers’ pet names!

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

After putting in the request and thanks to Joel Helmich’s masterful sleuthing into ancient systems and programming magic our Ranger Pets will now retain their customized names between sessions across all your pets. No more sticking to a single pet to keep their names between logins!

WOOHOO!

Irenio,

Glad to see you’re still in Anet Development; we haven’t seen a post from you in a very long time.

Thanks for the pet names saving ability.

Now can we also get something implemented that has also been un-addressed for years that needs attention: The Ability to KEY BIND Stowing/Activate our pets.

Some time ago you added the Ranger Pet Combat toggle that gives us the ability to key bind when our pets are set to passive/aggressive, which was extremely needed. Thank you! I use it all the time! But I don’t understand why you didn’t at the same time just add a – Ranger Pet Stow toggle as well.

It’s been about 4 years now, and it’s STILL a major pain in the rear to have to use the MOUSE and try to stow my pet in certain instances, i.e. – trying and keep my pet from taking unnecessary damage or getting me into combat, particularly while in WvW.

Are there any other classes that have a major class mechanism (or any mechanism at all) that has to have a Mouse Click as the only means of using it because there is no “key bind” option???

Please address this 4 year old problem. (Sadly, it’s been a bit of a handicap that I and other rangers have had to learn to live with.)

Thank you!

Attachments:

Moonlight [THRU]

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

About time! Thank you!!!!!

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ty for this change as well as the cooldown reduction on the pets. Ive actually started using wolves in pve and PvP again. Its good to see them critting thieves for 8-10k again,

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Took a little while..

But awesome

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

Makes me really really happy! Thank you.

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Now do the signets, do the signets! Come on come on (claps hands).

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

WOOHOO!

Now can we also get something implemented that has also been un-addressed for years that needs attention: The Ability to KEY BIND Stowing/Activate our pets.

Some time ago you added the Ranger Pet Combat toggle that gives us the ability to key bind when our pets are set to passive/aggressive, which was extremely needed. Thank you! I use it all the time! But I don’t understand why you didn’t at the same time just add a – Ranger Pet Stow toggle as well.

It’s been about 4 years now, and it’s STILL a major pain in the rear to have to use the MOUSE and try to stow my pet in certain instances, i.e. – trying and keep my pet from taking unnecessary damage or getting me into combat, particularly while in WvW.

Are there any other classes that have a major class mechanism (or any mechanism at all) that has to have a Mouse Click as the only means of using it because there is no “key bind” option???

Please address this 4 year old problem. (Sadly, it’s been a bit of a handicap that I and other rangers have had to learn to live with.)

Thank you!

Honestly, this should have 100x the priority of moving name retention to client side vs server side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Sure, but at the same time, there’s no way I’m actually going to complain about this.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Thank you for the improvements!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Kind of cool, but a waste of time that could’ve been better spent on fixing pet AI.

in Ranger

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

FINALLY !

Thanks ANet

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

sshhht! You will scare the devs. They are doing something finally. Let them do the signets and utilities, weapon skills, trait lines, and maybe pet combat movements and then scare them.

What you call “good patch” is just a huge insult to me, but the dev team changed and they are trying to clean the mess from the previous mistakes. I hope they are faster, if we go like this it will take years to fix other problems.

in Ranger

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

WOOHOO!

Great, now next can we have the longbow fixed? I really dont like how half the attacks get blocked or some other kind of not hitting effect. For example in WVW the veteran boss is often just cannot be hit with the longbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

WOOHOO!

Great, now next can we have the longbow fixed? I really dont like how half the attacks get blocked or some other kind of not hitting effect. For example in WVW the veteran boss is often just cannot be hit with the longbow.

has perfect line of sight on the mob

OBSTRUCTED
OBSTRUCTED
OBSTRUCTED

Yeah, I’d really like for them to fix that.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Khorg.2195

Khorg.2195

WOOHOO!

This is amazing!
However, you also broke Celestial Avatar in patch.. please fix. It drops randomly with plenty of bar left.. There’s another post about it that’s not getting a lot of attention. :/
Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: mari.6394

mari.6394

A big thumbs up for the pet name fix