Ranger Quicksand Survivor

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I am not sure how many people this will help…but here goes. No one was doing quicksand survivor when I was playing this evening, so I mathematically figured it out to do it solo:

HP: 22405
Base Damage: 2688 HP/s (12% of total HP per sec)

6 Nature Magic (Natures Bounty, Enlargement, Nature’s Voice)
300 Healing Power

Regen:
913/s = Troll Unguent (10s)
173/s = Shout (16.25s)
320/s = Spirit (60s)
134/s = Fern Hound (10s)
82/s = Signet of Wild (Passive)

2688 dam/s – (All) = 1066 dam/s * 10s = 10660 dam
2688 dam/s – (Spirit + Shout + Signet) = 2113 dam/s * 5s = 10565 dam

= 21225 dam over 15s = 22405 HP – 21225 HP = 1180 HP left

Quicksand damage is always 12% HP/s no matter what—there were / are a few guides out there admonishing removing all armor that adds vitality, which is pointless, since the damage is a percentage.

Which means the above theoretically should work for any HP as long as one has 300 or more healing power and uses the associated skills/pet, as the quicksand damage will adjust to your HP, but the healing will remain constant.

Anyway, kinda fun.

(edited by Gotejjeken.1267)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Add in pet heal on f2 skills with fern hound and another dog. Extra 2-3k hp.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

You wouldn’t get the Fern Hound regen since it doesn’t stack with the regen off of Natures Voice.

When I did it, I gave myself a minute worth of regen with natures voice / healing spring, swapped in Troll Ungent, with Signet, Healing Spirit, and Natural Healing.

Anyone know if Bark Skin makes a difference or not?

in Ranger

Posted by: wizzard.1295

wizzard.1295

I did it with only 4 in NM … with troll’s urgent and fern hound. Also, take the elite spirit too.
Also, had only 2 in BM traits.

(edited by wizzard.1295)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

The best way is to try it in a group. Water fields, finisher and group healing.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I just want to put in the contrast of how easy this was on warrior. Defiant Stance → GG, no need to figure out heal values needed etc.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: Khadez.4958

Khadez.4958

I just want to put in the contrast of how easy this was on warrior. Defiant Stance -> GG, no need to figure out heal values needed etc.

I would consider this as a bug/badly thought out mechanic. Ranger’s stone signet and “Protect me” didnt work there and I assume that other classes invulnerabilities dont work there either. So it is either a bug or a bad mechanic to leave one skill in game that totally breaks the challenge.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

All good advise for doing it solo, but if you’re still struggling just advertise in Map Chat to do it in a group because people are more than happy to do it with a ranger thanks to our spirit elite.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Quicksand damage is always 12% HP/s no matter what—there were / are a few guides out there admonishing removing all armor that adds vitality, which is pointless, since the damage is a percentage.

The damage being a percentage is the reason why vitality is bad there.
If you have 20k HP you’ll take 2400 damage, if you have 16k HP you’ll take 1920 damage, but in both cases you’ll be healed for the same amount so out heal the damage with lower HP is much easier.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

The damage being a percentage is the reason why vitality is bad there.
If you have 20k HP you’ll take 2400 damage, if you have 16k HP you’ll take 1920 damage, but in both cases you’ll be healed for the same amount so out heal the damage with lower HP is much easier.

Yeah you are right; I think I partially caught (and contradicted) myself with the last paragraph of the OP…but that’s what I get for doing math tired.

As far as blast finishers go, I couldn’t get enough healing out of something like warhorn + healing spring…maybe because I am not specce’d for healing power all that much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Warhorn, sword 2, gs 3. 3 finishers in that healspring for 4.5k-5k.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I actually didn’t try that hard to do it. I just summoned the elite spirit next to the sand, and activated troll unguent when I hit around the 9-10k health range. Completed the challenge with 2k health to spare.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Warhorn, sword 2, gs 3. 3 finishers in that healspring for 4.5k-5k.

GS 3 is two finishers. The run is one part, and the leap is another, giving you twice the healing from it. A Lightning Reflexes from the center of your Healing Spring will position you to proc both leap finishers from Swoop. To add to the topic, I got this running Sword/Dagger+GS with Healing Spring, Lightning Reflexes, Signet of the Wild, Guard, Spirit of Nature, and Fern Hound as my pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You can also pop a mango pie, it cost like 35c?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

You could, but as a downside, Mango Pie gives VIT.

in Ranger

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Wow, i haven’t tried this with ranger or any other class, is it supposed to be a challenge? (honest question here, not sarcasm) :O I did the achievement with my necro, just popped a well of blood and stood in it, and when my hp got kinda low i deathshrouded. But i wasn’t even close to dying.